Clarence Thomas Is Not a Black Hero—He's an Enemy of Black People

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my response below. Race based policies are wrong.
Race based policies are why whites have 15 times the wealth of non-white people and until the damage caused by race-based policies are fixed, race-based policies will be necessary. It's real easy to talk about how race-based policies are wrong when your ass has been the major beneficiary of race-based policies knowing that if you stop policies that attempt to equalize opportunity that your advantage will continue to grow.

Thomas is wrong to deny a young black person the same opportunity his black ass got to move up.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
A Supreme Court Justice can impede progress.
As long as we are not taxed massively for it and education does not regress. We are. And the system wants more and more and has charged more and more. New York City pays about 45 thousand dollars a student in Public Schools. That is a lot of money with many areas the students are not educated. Things stay the same the decline will expand.

Of course, you agree with Thomases reasoning because his reasoning further advances white preferential treatment. This is why I say that whites like you need to relearn history. Because white men have everything they do because they enacted race and gender-based policy that excluded everyone not a white man and lied to themselves about how they created a system that celebrated freedom and opportunity for everyone. And now whites like you think that by allowing that system to continue that somehow we will achieve equal opportunity. A black kid whose father is a brain surgeon is rare and still that kid will face discrimination based on race while the white kid who grew up in a trailer will not.
DBA, you have nothing to argue against this but the fact you are white and your feelings. History shows that nonwhites were excluded by law up until 60 years ago. So for nearly 200 years whites were given every opportunity there is and now think that non whites have had enough time to catch up in 1/3 of the time whites had to make it. Your argument is basically bullshit and gaslighting when one understands the types of policies that have been enacted and the overall amount of direct economic assistance whites have received in this country from its beginning.

• Funny
Because white men have everything they do

Despite what you have been told, you aren’t given anything simply for being white. That is a huge load of crap that you have been sold.

And now whites like you think that by allowing that system to continue that somehow we will achieve equal opportunity

What system? The poor white kid from WV would not get into college because he is white. That is completely false.

A black kid whose father is a brain surgeon is rare and still that kid will face discrimination based on race while the white kid who grew up in a trailer will not.

Wrong again. Poor people are most certainly discriminated against. A well-dressed, well-groomed black man in a suit wouldn’t get a second look from a security guard at the bank but a toothless, barefoot white kid wearing overalls might, as would a guy like Post Malone, if he wasn’t famous. It isn’t really about race anymore.

Your hypothetical kid from the trailer park will be granted a pass for a cop, will never have a problem getting a cab, and no one will care about his economic status growing up when his resume cross HR.

Wrong again. White people who have the look of a meth head will get pulled over more frequently than others and would get passed by the cab.

DBA, you have nothing to argue against this but the fact you are white and your feelings. History shows that nonwhites were excluded by law up until 60 years ago. So for nearly 200 years whites were given every opportunity there is and now think that non whites have had enough time to catch up in 1/3 of the time whites had to make it. Your argument is basically bullshit and gaslighting when one understands the types of policies that have been enacted and the overall amount of direct economic assistance whites have received in this country from its beginning.

The bottom line is that a black person in this country today has every opportunity a white person has, in fact, even more if they take advantage. The problem is that many still don’t do their part. We can’t just hand out jobs and diplomas based on some past discriminatory actions of the country.

Race based policies are why whites have 15 times the wealth of non-white people and until the damage caused by race-based policies are fixed, race-based policies will be necessary. It's real easy to talk about how race-based policies are wrong when your ass has been the major beneficiary of race-based policies knowing that if you stop policies that attempt to equalize opportunity that your advantage will continue to grow.

Thomas is wrong to deny a young black person the same opportunity his black ass got to move up.

Again, your argument fails in that Asian-Americans earn more than white people (and no, not just Indians as you formerly claimed), often within one or two generations from arriving.

Is America racist? Yes.
But if you are waiting for the government to fix that for you, that is a long wait for a train that never comes.

your ass has been the major beneficiary of race-based policies

What specific policies benefitted me because I am white? What specific policies would benefit a white 18-years old now? I’ll grant you that money helps, but like I said, AA is not based on finances.

Wrong again. White people who have the look of a meth head will get pulled over more frequently than others and would get passed by the cab.

As they should be, as should a black crackhead.

But we have cases of black people in nice suits being pulled over, especially if they are driving a car that a cop has decided is "too good for them".

Again, your argument fails in that Asian-Americans earn more than white people (and no, not just Indians as you formerly claimed), often within one or two generations from arriving.

Is America racist? Yes.
But if you are waiting for the government to fix that for you, that is a long wait for a train that never comes.

Weird, I at least partially agree with you.

As they should be, as should a black crackhead.

But we have cases of black people in nice suits being pulled over, especially if they are driving a car that a cop has decided is "too good for them".

Ok neat. That is few and far between. The cases where that happens makes the news, so you feel like it is more common than not.

Your hypothetical kid from the trailer park will be granted a pass for a cop, will never have a problem getting a cab, and no one will care about his economic status growing up when his resume cross HR.
Have you ever considered that very few cab drivers are white? Maybe because blacks are so dangerous that even other black, African or Muzzies will pick them up/

Btw, have you found the guys that attacked that black fag in Chicago, your own shithole of a town?

Despite what you have been told, you aren’t given anything simply for being white. That is a huge load of crap that you have been sold.

What system? The poor white kid from WV would not get into college because he is white. That is completely false.

Wrong again. Poor people are most certainly discriminated against. A well-dressed, well-groomed black man in a suit wouldn’t get a second look from a security guard at the bank but a toothless, barefoot white kid wearing overalls might, as would a guy like Post Malone, if he wasn’t famous. It isn’t really about race anymore.

DBA, it's not what I've been told, it's what history has shown. Poor whites are most of the members of white supremacist groups. Poor whites are the majority of the MAGA supremacists. Understand? So let's just stop pretending and face reality here.

Clarence Thomas is a sellout who has decided to sell his soul for any opportunity to have power and while doing so he has shit on people who look like him and has worked to deny them of the very things that has allowed him to get to where he is today. That's indefensible and no one should be defending or supporting a person like that.

• Fake News
Ok neat. That is few and far between. The cases where that happens makes the news, so you feel like it is more common than not.
It shouldn't be happening at all, that's the thing.

Every black person I know has had one case of "DWB". It usually doesn't make the news unless the cop overracts and shoots someone.

Let's take this case..

The man was a commissioned officer in the US Army in uniform. The cops pulled him over, drew guns out of them and pepper sprayed him.

Since I am black, I determine what is better for blacks more than you can, and I say that Clarence Thomas is a worthless POS who has done harm to black progress. And that is what the black writer of the article I used in the OP is saying. You will support any black person who opposes black progress.

You beleive lowering standards is good for the black community. I disagree.

Only to the racist whites here. Now try staying on topic. I have presented evidence validating my opposition to Thomas. You can't refute any of it.
No, you’ve presented you opposition to Thomas, because he doesn’t rule the way you think he should…There’s a difference…

This is how blacks feel about Thomas. But right-wing whites love him. Why? Because Thomas is working to help them get their pro white agenda accomplished. They consider anyone black who opposes black progress as independent thinkers. Funny how that is.

Clarence Thomas Is Not a Black Hero—He's an Enemy of Black People​

Throughout Black History Month, we recall the achievements of Black Americans. These include the champions of the Civil Rights Movement—monumental leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, Medgar Evers, Fannie Lou Hamer, and Ella Baker. The first Black Supreme Court Justice, Thurgood Marshall, also looms large; Marshall fought for civil rights long before assuming his rightful position in the highest court in the land. Marshall led the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and was known for fighting segregation in schools, a fight which culminated in the landmark Brown v. Board of Education decision.

That type of legacy is deserving of the utmost regard and respect during Black History Month and every other day—and it stands in stark contrast to his successor on the court, Justice Clarence Thomas.

Thomas was nominated by Republican President George H.W. Bush and has served on the high court since 1991. But he is no Thurgood Marshall. Where Marshall fought tooth and nail to upend threats to equity, civil rights, and justice, Thomas fights to take America back. He fights against the working class and minorities, finding unique ways to fight against the Black community he hails from in the process. It's why Black Americans shouldn't celebrate Justice Thomas during Black History Month. He simply doesn't deserve it.

The Black community doesn't celebrate Thomas because Thomas does everything in his power to make life worse for us.

Black History Month isn't a time to glorify a threat to Black progress. Clarence Thomas has proven himself time and time again to be an enemy to Black people. Who needs white supremacists when a Black man who benefited from civil rights wins is leading the charge to destroy the very policies that made his career possible?

Just like a black person to call out a black person as being an Uncle Tom.

You beleive lowering standards is good for the black community. I disagree.
This shows the purposeful amnesia on the right hand side of the white race. Whites have been given racial preferences since day number 1 and we don't see whites talking about standards being lowered because of it. So here we see a racist comment.

• Disagree
This is how blacks feel about Thomas. But right-wing whites love him. Why? Because Thomas is working to help them get their pro white agenda accomplished. They consider anyone black who opposes black progress as independent thinkers. Funny how that is.

Clarence Thomas Is Not a Black Hero—He's an Enemy of Black People​

Throughout Black History Month, we recall the achievements of Black Americans. These include the champions of the Civil Rights Movement—monumental leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X, Medgar Evers, Fannie Lou Hamer, and Ella Baker. The first Black Supreme Court Justice, Thurgood Marshall, also looms large; Marshall fought for civil rights long before assuming his rightful position in the highest court in the land. Marshall led the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and was known for fighting segregation in schools, a fight which culminated in the landmark Brown v. Board of Education decision.

That type of legacy is deserving of the utmost regard and respect during Black History Month and every other day—and it stands in stark contrast to his successor on the court, Justice Clarence Thomas.

Thomas was nominated by Republican President George H.W. Bush and has served on the high court since 1991. But he is no Thurgood Marshall. Where Marshall fought tooth and nail to upend threats to equity, civil rights, and justice, Thomas fights to take America back. He fights against the working class and minorities, finding unique ways to fight against the Black community he hails from in the process. It's why Black Americans shouldn't celebrate Justice Thomas during Black History Month. He simply doesn't deserve it.

The Black community doesn't celebrate Thomas because Thomas does everything in his power to make life worse for us.

Black History Month isn't a time to glorify a threat to Black progress. Clarence Thomas has proven himself time and time again to be an enemy to Black people. Who needs white supremacists when a Black man who benefited from civil rights wins is leading the charge to destroy the very policies that made his career possible?

I disagree!

Thomas isn't an enemy of Black people.
He's the enemy of all humans.

You've seen his wife?
Surely the sister of K's 3rd grade teacher

1707836932841.png

No, you’ve presented you opposition to Thomas, because he doesn’t rule the way you think he should…There’s a difference…
Wrong, I oppose Thomas because he thinks the way about blacks as whites like you do. That's why you defend him. Now you can drop that dumb racist commentary about blacks not liking somebody because they don't think in some kind of cultish manner, Thomas could be as conservative as he wants, but what he cannot do is work to overturn the voting rights and equal opportunity policies that helped him get where he is. These important things bypass your white ass because you oppose them and think it's great for somebody black to do the same.

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back