City Digs Up Remains Of Confederate General After Taking Down Statue

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

13 Dec 2022 ~~ By Leif Le Mahieu

The city of Richmond, Virginia, has dug up the remains of Confederate General A.P. Hill as it continues to purge Confe~Snip~!derate symbols and monuments from public spaces.
The remains of Hill, which had been buried under a monument to the general, were located on Tuesday after two days of digging. The casket of Hill, who was reportedly buried standing up, was rotted away when workers finally found the remains using an excavator.
According to local reporter Riley Wyant, the remains of Hill were blocked from public view using a tarp before they were transferred into a body bag and wheeled away on a stretcher. The remains were transferred to the general’s relatives, including John Hill, the general’s closest indirect descendent.

~Snip~
The removal of the statue and remains comes after a legal battle between the city and descendants of Hill, which was complicated by the monument’s usage as a headstone. The move was hailed by Democratic Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney, but decried by Hill’s relatives.
“Over two years ago, Richmond was home to more Confederate statues than any city in the United States. Collectively, we have closed that chapter,” Stoney tweeted. “We now continue the work of being a more inclusive and welcoming place where ALL belong.”

Commentary:
Even though I disagree with the confederacy, I also disagree with removing anything related to the confederacy. I say keep them as a reminder of history.
The ghoulish removal of the remains of soldiers that fought in te Civil War on either side is wrong.
Erasing our history, culture and traditions one statue and body at a time.
Maoist Racist Democrats have become the American Taliban.
59o9lw.jpg

2953fcb89336aea5e10a5ea03041c3b2.jpg

RIP

A native Virginian, Hill was a career United States Army officer who had fought in the Mexican–American War and Seminole Wars prior to joining the Confederacy. After the start of the American Civil War, he gained early fame as the commander of the "Light Division" in the Seven Days Battles and became one of Stonewall Jackson's ablest subordinates, distinguishing himself in the 1862 battles of Cedar Mountain, Second Bull Run, Antietam, and Fredericksburg.

Following Jackson's death in May 1863 at the Battle of Chancellorsville, Hill was promoted to lieutenant general and commanded the Third Corps of Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, which he led in the Gettysburg Campaign and the fall campaigns of 1863. His command of the corps in 1864–65 was interrupted on multiple occasions by illness, from which he did not return until just before the end of the war, when he was killed during the Union Army's offensive at the Third Battle of Petersburg.

A filthy piece of white trash Yankee killed him.....
He was shot dead by a Union soldier, Corporal John W. Mauck of the 138th Pennsylvania, as he rode to the front of the Petersburg lines, accompanied by one staff officer.

He rode up on a imperiled Yankee position and called upon them to surrender. Instead, the the filthy trash refused the demand and shot Hill through the chest. The rifle bullet traveled through his heart, exited his chest and Hill fell to the ground and died within moments.

He was a relative of my wife whose family were from the same Culpeper, Virginia area where Hill was born.

Richmond could be reduced to ash and the state would be 100% better for it.

2953fcb89336aea5e10a5ea03041c3b2.jpg

RIP

A native Virginian, Hill was a career United States Army officer who had fought in the Mexican–American War and Seminole Wars prior to joining the Confederacy. After the start of the American Civil War, he gained early fame as the commander of the "Light Division" in the Seven Days Battles and became one of Stonewall Jackson's ablest subordinates, distinguishing himself in the 1862 battles of Cedar Mountain, Second Bull Run, Antietam, and Fredericksburg.

Following Jackson's death in May 1863 at the Battle of Chancellorsville, Hill was promoted to lieutenant general and commanded the Third Corps of Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia, which he led in the Gettysburg Campaign and the fall campaigns of 1863. His command of the corps in 1864–65 was interrupted on multiple occasions by illness, from which he did not return until just before the end of the war, when he was killed during the Union Army's offensive at the Third Battle of Petersburg.

A filthy piece of white trash Yankee killed him.....
He was shot dead by a Union soldier, Corporal John W. Mauck of the 138th Pennsylvania, as he rode to the front of the Petersburg lines, accompanied by one staff officer.

He rode up on a imperiled Yankee position and called upon them to surrender. Instead, the the filthy trash refused the demand and shot Hill through the chest. The rifle bullet traveled through his heart, exited his chest and Hill fell to the ground and died within moments.

He was a relative of my wife whose family were from the same Culpeper, Virginia area where Hill was born.

Richmond could be reduced to ash and the state would be 100% better for it.
That's interesting. My relatives were common foot soldiers scum like this ordered to their deaths fighting for a lie. He got a grand gravesite and my ancestors got six generations of sharecropper misery.

That's interesting. My relatives were common foot soldiers scum like this ordered to their deaths fighting for a lie. He got a grand gravesite and my ancestors got six generations of sharecropper misery.
Meh, they should have applied themselves.

It explains a lot of your posts though.....Do you play the banjo? ;)

No doubt centuries from now historians appalled that a man like Biden was ever allowed to be president, will dig up his rotting, stinking corpse and make flutes and wind chimes out of his bones to be sold for charity to promote a better more compassionate humanity for all.

Forum List

Back