City Digs Up Remains Of Confederate General After Taking Down Statue

112.jpeg

Yes. We must tear down these monuments to systemic exploitation, rape, pedophilia and ritual abuse of women and children

st-patsportada--1024x597.jpg

~~~~~~
Simply because they were Americans and now Democrats violate the orders of both Lincoln and Johnson who pardoned those that fought in the Civil War in 1868..

That what you wrote is the most compelling damnation of those who tore down statues and monuments of Civil War heroes. Even Jefferson Davis was eventually pardoned, and lived to a ripe old age.

Even Jefferson Davis was eventually pardoned, and lived to a ripe old age.
150+ years later the pardons of Confederate traitors to America, even the notorious leaders, is not an issue to fret. That was then, this is now. We can be satisfied today that Lincoln bestowed it for good and beneficial reason for our country.

However, pardons are one thing.....celebrating the recipients in or on public spaces is another.
They betrayed America. Their efforts killed loyal Americans, destroyed American families. That is not anything to celebrate. At least, not in America.
So move the statues to a private park so those who are interested in how statues are constructed, or artists can observe another's work, or the fanboys of the Lost Cause can go for their rituals. Do all that on private ground. Not on American taxpayer ground.

As far as the bones of AP Hill or other Confederates ----most especially the notorious war-criminal Nathan Bedford Forrest, should be removed from public spaces and located on family plots. As they should have been upon their deaths. (Hill has now been removed, and Forrest was moved some years ago.)

Statues are not "history". They are merely a celebration of a life, or an achievement. They are homages. And honor bestowed. As such they have no beneficial worth when celebrating a traitor to America. We don't erect statues to Aldridge Ames, Robert Hanson, or Benedict Arnold. (well, Saratoga does have a statue to Arnold' leg lost in the battle...but doesn't mention it's Arnold's).

AP Hill's bones can rest as comfortably in some great great great nephew's chosen cemetary as they can on public ground in Richmond. Maybe better, perhaps they'll not make him stand upright forever.

How about leave his grave alone?
Once his re-located grave is established in a private plot on private ground.......oh hell yeah, leave it alone. The family can visit it there without crowds of public gawkers. The Lost Cause fanboys can go do their striking-the-colors rituals...or something like it, and not be bothered by sign-waivers mocking them.

The people they honored were all democrats.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................

Indeed, and Maoist Democrats have dishonored the men that fouht for their cause in 1860;s. They even erected these statues and now are tearing them down.
Personally, I have no dog in this hunt. I'm a Brooklyn born guy now a carpet bagger now living in the South.

Indeed, and Maoist Democrats have dishonored the men that fouht for their cause in 1860;s. They even erected these statues and now are tearing them down.
Personally, I have no dog in this hunt. I'm a Brooklyn born guy now a carpet bagger now living in the South.

Nor have I. My ancestors came to the US in the 1880's and later and my entire life has been lived in the Midwest and the West Coast, except for two months in Mississippi.

150+ years later the pardons of Confederate traitors to America, even the notorious leaders, is not an issue to fret. That was then, this is now. We can be satisfied today that Lincoln bestowed it for good and beneficial reason for our country.

However, pardons are one thing.....celebrating the recipients in or on public spaces is another.
They betrayed America. Their efforts killed loyal Americans, destroyed American families. That is not anything to celebrate. At least, not in America.
So move the statues to a private park so those who are interested in how statues are constructed, or artists can observe another's work, or the fanboys of the Lost Cause can go for their rituals. Do all that on private ground. Not on American taxpayer ground.

As far as the bones of AP Hill or other Confederates ----most especially the notorious war-criminal Nathan Bedford Forrest, should be removed from public spaces and located on family plots. As they should have been upon their deaths. (Hill has now been removed, and Forrest was moved some years ago.)

Statues are not "history". They are merely a celebration of a life, or an achievement. They are homages. And honor bestowed. As such they have no beneficial worth when celebrating a traitor to America. We don't erect statues to Aldridge Ames, Robert Hanson, or Benedict Arnold. (well, Saratoga does have a statue to Arnold' leg lost in the battle...but doesn't mention it's Arnold's).

AP Hill's bones can rest as comfortably in some great great great nephew's chosen cemetary as they can on public ground in Richmond. Maybe better, perhaps they'll not make him stand upright forever.

Once his re-located grave is established in a private plot on private ground.......oh hell yeah, leave it alone. The family can visit it there without crowds of public gawkers. The Lost Cause fanboys can go do their striking-the-colors rituals...or something like it, and not be bothered by sign-waivers mocking them.
There's no excuse for grave desecration. Sadly, this is only the beginning.

City Digs Up Remains Of Confederate General After Taking Down Statue

13 Dec 2022 ~~ By Leif Le Mahieu

The city of Richmond, Virginia, has dug up the remains of Confederate General A.P. Hill as it continues to purge Confe~Snip~!derate symbols and monuments from public spaces.
The remains of Hill, which had been buried under a monument to the general, were located on Tuesday after two days of digging. The casket of Hill, who was reportedly buried standing up, was rotted away when workers finally found the remains using an excavator.
According to local reporter Riley Wyant, the remains of Hill were blocked from public view using a tarp before they were transferred into a body bag and wheeled away on a stretcher. The remains were transferred to the general’s relatives, including John Hill, the general’s closest indirect descendent.

~Snip~
The removal of the statue and remains comes after a legal battle between the city and descendants of Hill, which was complicated by the monument’s usage as a headstone. The move was hailed by Democratic Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney, but decried by Hill’s relatives.
“Over two years ago, Richmond was home to more Confederate statues than any city in the United States. Collectively, we have closed that chapter,” Stoney tweeted. “We now continue the work of being a more inclusive and welcoming place where ALL belong.”

Commentary:
Even though I disagree with the confederacy, I also disagree with removing anything related to the confederacy. I say keep them as a reminder of history.
The ghoulish removal of the remains of soldiers that fought in te Civil War on either side is wrong.
Erasing our history, culture and traditions one statue and body at a time.
Maoist Racist Democrats have become the American Taliban.
59o9lw.jpg

Perhaps the liberals will push too hard. One day in the future when enough people get sick and tired of the Democrats and their stupid games and corruption states will begin to secede from the Union. Southern states will be happy to join with other states in this hopefully peaceful spit.

There are times that the liberals seem to be beating a dead horse by destroying Civil War statues and changing the names of schools.

Just a few years ago there was a very popular TV program called the {i}Dukes of Hazard[/i] whose hero’s drove a car named the General Lee with a Confederate flag painted on top. Nobody was disturbed in the least.

1671106038846.jpeg

Then along comes the Great Divider Barack Obama and now we are back at the end of the Civil War punishing the Confederates.

The Civil War ended in 1865. Let it go.

Perhaps the liberals will push too hard. One day in the future when enough people get sick and tired of the Democrats and their stupid games and corruption states will begin to secede from the Union. Southern states will be happy to join with other states in this hopefully peaceful spit.

There are times that the liberals seem to be beating a dead horse by destroying Civil War statues and changing the names of schools.

Just a few years ago there was a very popular TV program called the {i}Dukes of Hazard[/i] whose hero’s drove a car named the General Lee with a Confederate flag painted on top. Nobody was disturbed in the least.

View attachment 738782

Then along comes the Great Divider Barack Obama and now we are back at the end of the Civil War punishing the Confederates.

The Civil War ended in 1865. Let it go.

Every leftist's middle name is PUSH TOO HARD.

We had special ways of relating to them back in junior high.

"The Civil War ended in 1865. Let it go."

Indeed, and a major step towards "letting it go".....is quit honoring -- in public tax-payer paid spaces --- the traitors and seditionists who were responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths of loyal Americans, and the ginormous grief and destruction to loyal American families. How many widows, orphans, grief-stricken parents ...... did Lee, Hill, Forrest, and others create in America?

The "Lost Cause" was and is....a feel-good fiction the loser's use to mollify their hurt feelings. Put those statues of the war-criminal Forrest et al, in a private park if destroying them is not an option.

Forum List

Back