Church to burn Qurans on 9/11

2380554605_45ecda9052_o.jpg

Hmmm........mebbe we could get ahold of some of our MusLAME friends on here and see if they will go to a mullah and get a jihad put out on the idiots in Florida.
i think you mean a "fatwah" and not "jihad"

i could be wrong, but i believe jihad is a more universal thing and fatwah is for a specific target

didnt Salman Rushdie have a fatwah on him?

A fatwah is the act of going up and getting someone declared a heretic or whatever.

Jihad is the physical act of trying to take them out.

Or, to put it in Mafia terms, the fatwah is the contract, the jihad is the hit.

A fatwa is any religious edict. Jihad is anything that involves exertion.

You need to remember, Islam does not believe in religious freedom. They believe in force.

I am making an effort to protect our religious and speech freedoms but trying to stop these evil people from building their monument to our defeat by them. They will not allow for freedom of speech. With Obama's help they will take this nation. This is not just a little church on the corner, It is actually a bomb planted in the nation to destroy it.

So, in short, no, you are not correct.
so, you want to be like them>?

How does what I said indicate that I want to be like them?

You just said that you want to take away their freedom of speech.

so, you want to be like them>?

So, are you saying that my freedom of speech as a Christian means that I can, without consequences, teach and preach the Word of God in the schools to the children? Because if these Muslims can say, "believe our way or I will chop your head off" and get by with it, then I can certainly share my faith whenever and however I wish to, right?

By the way, wanna talk about those Christian aid workers that were shot by the Taliban over the weekend?

They were shot for spying and spreading Christianity.

Yeah.......right........tell me again how much IsLAME is tolerant.

So, are you saying that my freedom of speech as a Christian means that I can, without consequences, teach and preach the Word of God in the schools to the children? Because if these Muslims can say, "believe our way or I will chop your head off" and get by with it, then I can certainly share my faith whenever and however I wish to, right?

These Muslims are not saying that, they are simply building a mosque.

There are no words to describe such utter ignorance...............

Florida Church planning to burn Qurans on 9/11 | Tom Mendelsohn | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

A Florida church is planning to burn a stack of Qurans on 11th September this year, in a tasteful effort to commemorate the ninth anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Centre.

The Dove World Outreach Center, a non-denominational church in Gainesville, is charmingly trying to rebrand 9/11 as International Burn A Koran Day. If you’re interested, there’s a Facebook group for it. The info tab has a succinct little mission statement, which you may find illuminative:

Mission: To bring to awareness to the dangers of Islam and that the Koran is leading people to hell. Eternal fire is the only destination the Koran can lead people to so we want to put the Koran in it’s place – the fire!

The Dove Center, which describes itself as ‘a New Testament Church – based on the Bible, the Word of God’, has a bit of a history of making, shall we say, provocative statements about Islam. Its pastor and proprietor Dr Terry Jones recently published a sober treatise entitled Islam Is Of The Devil, while he also has a history of opposing things like homosexuality, same-sex marriage and abortion. If anyone is in Gainsville on 2nd August, for instance, you might like to swing by the City Hall at lunch time and join in the fun at the church’s ‘No Homo Mayor’ protest.

And in case anyone else was wondering what they really felt, they also have a massive sign outside their church, also saying ‘Islam Is Of The Devil’:

It’s all deeply unpleasant, of course, and easy to mock, but unpleasant anti-Islam sentiments like these really do seem to be on the rise in the US. There’s a huge battle going on in New York over whether an entirely benign Muslim community centre – which would also contain a mosque – can be built near Ground Zero, for instance, while a mosque in Jacksonville, also in Florida, was firebombed earlier this year. It’s getting easier to draw parallels between the rise of the religious right and these kinds of tensions, and I really wouldn’t like to say we’ve reached their height, either, not by a long shot: brace yourselves for a good deal more of this unpleasantness as the new American right grows its fangs.

The Dove World Outreach Center, meanwhile, was subjected to an expose about the way it pays its taxes last year in The Gainesville Sun, while they were investigated for potential financial impropriety in March this year. It hasn’t really taken the wind out of their sails, however. You’ll note that, in the picture above, Dr Jones has a picture of himself flanked by Abraham Lincoln and George Washington – a little detail I’ll let speak for itself. His Youtube channel – named, without even a pinch of hubris, the Braveheart Show – is worth a watch if, like me, you relish the demagoguery of hateful maniacs.

Care to explain why you think it's "utter ignorance"?

There are no words to describe such utter ignorance...............

Florida Church planning to burn Qurans on 9/11 | Tom Mendelsohn | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

A Florida church is planning to burn a stack of Qurans on 11th September this year, in a tasteful effort to commemorate the ninth anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Centre.

The Dove World Outreach Center, a non-denominational church in Gainesville, is charmingly trying to rebrand 9/11 as International Burn A Koran Day. If you’re interested, there’s a Facebook group for it. The info tab has a succinct little mission statement, which you may find illuminative:

Mission: To bring to awareness to the dangers of Islam and that the Koran is leading people to hell. Eternal fire is the only destination the Koran can lead people to so we want to put the Koran in it’s place – the fire!

The Dove Center, which describes itself as ‘a New Testament Church – based on the Bible, the Word of God’, has a bit of a history of making, shall we say, provocative statements about Islam. Its pastor and proprietor Dr Terry Jones recently published a sober treatise entitled Islam Is Of The Devil, while he also has a history of opposing things like homosexuality, same-sex marriage and abortion. If anyone is in Gainsville on 2nd August, for instance, you might like to swing by the City Hall at lunch time and join in the fun at the church’s ‘No Homo Mayor’ protest.

And in case anyone else was wondering what they really felt, they also have a massive sign outside their church, also saying ‘Islam Is Of The Devil’:

It’s all deeply unpleasant, of course, and easy to mock, but unpleasant anti-Islam sentiments like these really do seem to be on the rise in the US. There’s a huge battle going on in New York over whether an entirely benign Muslim community centre – which would also contain a mosque – can be built near Ground Zero, for instance, while a mosque in Jacksonville, also in Florida, was firebombed earlier this year. It’s getting easier to draw parallels between the rise of the religious right and these kinds of tensions, and I really wouldn’t like to say we’ve reached their height, either, not by a long shot: brace yourselves for a good deal more of this unpleasantness as the new American right grows its fangs.

The Dove World Outreach Center, meanwhile, was subjected to an expose about the way it pays its taxes last year in The Gainesville Sun, while they were investigated for potential financial impropriety in March this year. It hasn’t really taken the wind out of their sails, however. You’ll note that, in the picture above, Dr Jones has a picture of himself flanked by Abraham Lincoln and George Washington – a little detail I’ll let speak for itself. His Youtube channel – named, without even a pinch of hubris, the Braveheart Show – is worth a watch if, like me, you relish the demagoguery of hateful maniacs.

Care to explain why you think it's "utter ignorance"?

As much utter ignorance as any other religious organization having a Bible burning event.

Well, that's probably as stupid as people burning Bibles..

Don't they realize they're just wasting money on Qurans, burning them and burning them again.. and whoever benefits from those revenues will be one happy guy.

Discussion about Iraq subject.

Hey, bullshit artist ekrem, wanna talk about the execution squads of the 3 different factions that went around and killed people just because they were one bunch or the other?

Remember IRAQIS stopping buses and killing OTHER IRAQIS?

Wanna talk about Nigerian uranium that was bought by Saddam, which he wanted to mount on his WMD's that were launchable within 45 minutes?
Wanna talk about those mobile trucks with WMD laboratories within it?
Wanna talk.... Wanna talk... Wanna talk...
There are many things to talk about.

he either forgets or is just too stupid to remember that we were doing our damnest to stop the killing

Which things you do or did in Iraq were based on incompability to International Law.
You started an illegal war. And whole media and society cheered it, those fucking Muslims had to bleed after 11/9, even when Iraq had nothing to do with it.

he either forgets or is just too stupid to remember that we were doing our damnest to stop the killing

Which things you do or did in Iraq were based on incompability to International Law.
You started an illegal war. And whole media and society cheered it, those fucking Muslims had to bleed after 11/9, even when Iraq had nothing to do with it.
fuck off with this "illegal war" bullshit
there is no such thing as a "legal war" in the first place

Dude, I'm not that "fuck off" person.
If you like that phrase so much, you "Mother Teresa in Iraq" should a bit travel the world. After that travel, I think you won't like that phrase anymore.
You can still say, you're a Canadian.

It depends on the motivation. .

Good for them! :clap2:

Afterall, I'm sure that's EXACTLY what Jesus would do. :thup:

Dude, I'm not that "fuck off" person.
If you like that phrase so much, you "Mother Teresa in Iraq" should a bit travel the world. After that travel, I think you won't like that phrase anymore.
You can still say, you're a Canadian.
uh, what?
that made absolutely ZERO sense

Forum List

Back