Church shooter stopped by armed citizen today? Lives saved by good guy with a gun?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Who needs to carry a gun to church? People who know that evil people target good people for murder....

It is being reported that this shooter may have been stopped by armed citizens with their legal guns....saving lives, stopping the killing...

The shooter may have had a rifle, and was stopped by a good guy with a pistol...

BREAKING: Church Shooting Reported In Texas, Armed Churchgoers Appear To Have Stopped It, Reporter Suggests

“It appears that a gunman shot two church members at back of auditorium with a footlong weapon, then a member shot the gunman with a pistol,” Ross wrote. “This is just based on me watching the video again. Screaming afterward in the church. So tragic. Two quick shots at back, then another shot. Then at least three members (I believe) with pistols [walking] toward where the gunman appeared to fall.”

Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events [FBI]

Of all the active shooter events there were 33 at which an armed citizen was present. Of those, Armed Citizens were successful at stopping the Active shooter 75.8% of the time (25 incidents) and were successful in reducing the loss of life in an additional 18.2% (6) of incidents. In only 2 of the 33 incidents (6.1%) was the Armed Citizen(s) not helpful in any way in stopping the active shooter or reducing the loss of life.

Thus the headline of our report that Armed Citizens Are Successful 94% Of The Time At Active Shooter Events.

In the 2 incidents at which the armed citizen “failed” to stop or slow the active shooter, one is the previously mentioned incident with hunters. The other is an incident in which the CCWer was shot in the back in a Las Vegas Walmart when he failed to identify that there were 2 Active Shooters involved in the attack. He neglected to identify the one that shot him in the back while he was trying to ambush the other perpetrator.

We also decided to look at the breakdown of events that took place in gun free zones and the relative death toll from events in gun free zones vs non-gun-free zones.

Of the 283 incidents in our data pool, we were unable to identify if the event took place in a gun-free zone in a large number (41%) of the events. Most of the events took place at a business, church, home, or other places at which as a rule of law it is not a gun free zone but potentially could have been declared one by the property owner. Without any information in the FBI study or any indication one way or the other from the news reports, we have indicated that event with a question mark.

If you look at all of the Active Shooter events (pie chart on the top) you see that for those which we have the information, almost twice as many took place in gun free zones than not; but realistically the vast majority of those for which we have no information (indicated as ?) are probably NOT gun free zones.

If you isolate just the events at which 8 or more people were killed the data paints a different picture (pie chart on the bottom). In these incidents, 77.8% took place in a gun-free zone suggesting that gun free zones lead to a higher death rate vs active shooter events in general

=====

One of the final metrics we thought was important to consider is the potential tendency for armed citizens to injure or kill innocent people in their attempt to “save the day.” A common point in political discussions is to point out the lack of training of most armed citizens and the decrease in safety inherent in their presence during violent encounters.

As you can see below, however, at the 33 incidents at which Armed Citizens were present, there were zero situations at which the Armed Citizen injured or killed an innocent person. It never happened.

BREAKING: Man Opens Fire At Oklahoma Walmart, Confronted By Armed Citizen, Report Says

Two people were killed at a Walmart in Oklahoma by a man who opened fire in the parking lot on Monday before turning the weapon on himself after an armed citizen confronted him.
------

The assailant, who has not yet been identified, shot and killed a man and a woman in the parking lot and when he was “confronted by an armed citizen, he then turned the gun on himself,” The Daily Mail reported.

Many of these rampage shootings end with the NRA endorsed gun owner killing himself. Someone being on the scene who is armed is irrelevant

Many of these rampage shootings end with the NRA endorsed gun owner killing himself. Someone being on the scene who is armed is irrelevant

And nothing in your post is true...typical of you.....

You will, of course, be able to cite where the NRA endorses murder...and where any of the mass public shooters were members of the NRA......

Cause if you don't, you reveal yourself to be an asshole that we all know and understand....

It is being reported that the killer used a shotgun....

Darn it...... why didn't he use an AR-15....the left wing gun grabbers are going to be so dissapointed by this...... and what will they say if he isn't a Trump supporter?

Two Dead, One Wounded in Church Shooting Near Fort Worth - Breitbart

The gunman walked up to a server during communion with a shotgun and then opened fire, Isabel Arreola told KTVT-TV.

Another church member shot the suspect, according to the witness.

“It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one,” Arreola said.

Sunday’s service was live streamed on YouTube but the video that showed the shooting has since been made private.

Where have you heard that? I don't know of any NRA member who ever committed a "rampage shooting" of any kind, unless they had to shoot some bad guy.

You certainly have quite an imagination. A warped one, but an imagination.

You’re always right, aren’t you?

It’s irrelevant if a citizen with a concealed weapon kills a mass murderer DURING THE SHOOTING SPREE?

The psycho shooters usually kill themselves AFTER THEIR SPREE IS OVER OR LE SHOWS UP.

If the citizen with the firearm stopped the spree early and potentially saved lives, how is that “irrelevant”, fuckstain?

T's & P's

Apparently, their thoughts and prayers....and preperation were rewarded....the killer was stopped before he could kill more people...

Had they followed the left wing, anti-gun advice, more people would have been killed.

T's & P's

How did it feel the moment you knew that Trump kicked Hillary’s ass? I mean, that moment you realized Trump was your POTUS? How did that feel? There was a fucking party at my house. How about yours?

This story will be swept from the lame stream media coverage within hours, if they even cover it at all, because it doesn't fit their gun control narrative.

If they had their way, there would be dozens of church parishioners dead and injured, and the gunman escaped.

T's & P's

The murderer had a shotgun and was taken out, that means shot and killed, by another person in the church who was armed. I'm certain the only thing you find wrong with this story is that more innocents were not gunned down. So I guess the prayers were answered, skank.

T's & P's

How did it feel the moment you knew that Trump kicked Hillary’s ass? I mean, that moment you realized Trump was your POTUS? How did that feel? There was a fucking party at my house. How about yours?
What does that have to do with this church shooting? Oh, I get it....you believe that trump becoming President has caused church shootings. Odd.

T's & P's

What does that have to do with this church shooting? Oh, I get it....you believe that trump becoming President has caused church shootings. Odd.

It hurt, I can tell. Ts and Ps.:113:

T's & P's

T's & P's indeed.

T's & P's

The TDS of this one is VERY strong. It needs help IMMEDIATELY...........PLEASE seek that help, bodecea.

I'd like to say that it amazes me just how fast people start to act like assholes when something like this happens, but alas I cannot. Wouldn't it be nice if, just once, everyone slowed their roll with this sort of tragedy and waited until all the facts were in before attempting to score their political points? On the upside, I suppose, no one has yet seized on the name of the community and used it for more uninformed commentary... of course that could just mean that folks haven't actually read the linked articles...

Forum List

Back