Christians - What is your opinion of this?

I

Indofred

BBC News - The Christian family refusing to give up its Bethlehem hill farm

A Palestinian Christian family that preaches non-violence from a farm in the West Bank is battling to hold on to land it has owned for 98 years. Now surrounded by Israeli settlements, the family is a living example of the idea of peaceful resistance.

On his farm outside Bethlehem, Daher Nassar is picking apples from the ruins of the orchard he planted at least eight years ago. The fruit is scattered across ground freshly opened and imprinted with the tracks of a bulldozer. At the field's edge, branches reach out from inside a mound of earth, the bark stripped and mangled, unripe almonds still clinging to the trees.

Opinion?

Nothing unusual about it, though.

The Zionists have been running Christians off their land since before 1948.

BBC News - The Christian family refusing to give up its Bethlehem hill farm

A Palestinian Christian family that preaches non-violence from a farm in the West Bank is battling to hold on to land it has owned for 98 years. Now surrounded by Israeli settlements, the family is a living example of the idea of peaceful resistance.

On his farm outside Bethlehem, Daher Nassar is picking apples from the ruins of the orchard he planted at least eight years ago. The fruit is scattered across ground freshly opened and imprinted with the tracks of a bulldozer. At the field's edge, branches reach out from inside a mound of earth, the bark stripped and mangled, unripe almonds still clinging to the trees.

Opinion?

Let the Israeli high court find justice in this.

My opinion, based on looking up the author's other articles, is that he's not an objective reporter, and his articles are all slanted. The British press isn't exactly famous for its neutral and unbiased reporting on the issues re Israel either. I put them in the same category as I put Reuthers 'dispatches from the front lines' in the ME, i.e. not to be taken at face value, or ignored as tabloid journalism. Adamson is not a reporter, but a 'peace activist'.

One example of his activities:

http://wikileaks.org/syria-files/docs/2110215_fwd-december-event.html

He apparently is connected with the Saudi Royal family and into manipulating media events and propaganda dissemination. Got to keep those 'donations' from billionaire Saudis rolling in.

Last edited:

Horrible. They must really want to live in Egypt, then; Well, besides beheading them, burning their churches and humiliating them, there is no risk.

Evil Jooooooooos

But what do you think of this case, not what you suppose may happen to them in another country.
It seems they were doing well for about a hundred years, mostly under a Muslim government, except when the Israelis got to stealing their land.

Horrible. They must really want to live in Egypt, then; Well, besides beheading them, burning their churches and humiliating them, there is no risk.

Evil Jooooooooos

But what do you think of this case, not what you suppose may happen to them in another country.
It seems they were doing well for about a hundred years, mostly under a Muslim government, except when the Israelis got to stealing their land.

If you look at History the Jews suffered terribly at the hands of the Muslims. We " stole" their land because of a War the Arabs initiated in 1967 ? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :lol: TOO BAD ! :smiliehug:

Well, only getting some 85% of the Mandate as a 'Jew Free Zone' is just unfair and all racist and stuff. Their right to commit genocide against other peoples was interfered with, and we're to be ashamed of our insensitivity and lack of inter-cultural understanding and diversity.

Last edited:
If you look at History the Jews suffered terribly at the hands of the Muslims. We " stole" their land because of a War the Arabs initiated in 1967 ? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :lol: TOO BAD ! :smiliehug:

Want a source on statement #1.

On statement #2 I think you must assuredly be delusional. There are LOTS of statements made by Moshe Dayan, published in some of his books, clearly admitting that Israel carefully planned and initiated the '67 war ... and that they did it specifically as a land grab.

Last edited:

Evil Jooooooooos

Personally I don't see a reason why they should leave.

I'm not sure whether the settlements are "Hitnachluyot" or "Ma'achazim". Beitar Illit, as they say, it's a city-sized settlement that won't be taken away at any costs, but if those are "Ma'achazim" who are not even recognized by the Israeli government, they should be taken out until they can settle this with the high court. However, I get that its not the case.

I don't think that the settlements have to mean that this family must leave their farm. I don't get why is that...

But then again, they should just take it to the high court, if they believe it's unjustified.

Then the bulldozers rolled

‘Tent of Nations’ farm near Bethlehem attacked, orchards destroyed

May 30, 2014

“I would not have believed them,” Rupert Neudeck, founder of the NGO Green Helmets, after Israeli government bulldozers leveled large sections of Tent of Nations,an internationally-known and respected peace project located on the 100-acre Nassar family farm near Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

Tent of Nations came under apparently unprovoked attack on May 19. Between 1,500 and 2,000 mature, fruit-bearing apricot and apple trees and grape vines were destroyed along with terraced land, according to numerous reports. The land has been in the Nassar family since 1916 and the current owner, Daoud Nassar, 44, works the only hilltop farm between Bethlehem and Hebron in “Sector C” of the West Bank that is not occupied by Israeli settlers.

Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) - News & Announcements - Then the bulldozers rolled

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3DzRjotsQg]Daoud Nassar - Tent of Nations - YouTube[/ame]

Very cleaver those Zionists convincing 5 surrounding Arab countries to mount their forces around Israel to start a war so Israel could whip their asses & gain additional land.

Want a source on statement #1.

On statement #2 I think you must assuredly be delusional. There are LOTS of statements made by Moshe Dayan, published in some of his books, clearly admitting that Israel carefully planned and initiated the '67 war,

May 30, 2014

“I would not have believed them,” Rupert Neudeck, founder of the NGO Green Helmets, after Israeli government bulldozers leveled large sections of Tent of Nations,an internationally-known and respected peace project located on the 100-acre Nassar family farm near Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

Tent of Nations came under apparently unprovoked attack on May 19. Between 1,500 and 2,000 mature, fruit-bearing apricot and apple trees and grape vines were destroyed along with terraced land, according to numerous reports. The land has been in the Nassar family since 1916 and the current owner, Daoud Nassar, 44, works the only hilltop farm between Bethlehem and Hebron in “Sector C” of the West Bank that is not occupied by Israeli settlers.

Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) - News & Announcements - Then the bulldozers rolled

Daoud Nassar - Tent of Nations - YouTube

Apparently there are a lot of Clive Bundys in the ME as well.

May 30, 2014

Where do you get that.

They purchased the land in 1906 and have the deeds to prove it.

Lying sack of shit Israel just wants to steal more land.

May 30, 2014

Where do you get that.

They purchased the land in 1906 and have the deeds to prove it.

Lying sack of shit Israel just wants to steal more land.

Arafat was printing deeds in Beirut for palestinians, nullifying all sales of land to jews yet not returning the amount the palestinians were paid, let alone interest that would have accrued

Last edited:
Arafat was printing deeds in Beirut for palestinians, nullifying all sales of land to jews yet not returning the amount the palestinians were paid, let alone interest that would have accrued
Oh, c'mon, this is idiotic Aris. Have some dignity for God's sake.

Forum List

Back