Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

No one is stopping anyone from entering into a private contractual relationship with anyone. That doesn't mean the government needs to recognize it. Nor that we should redefine marriage to call something that isnt a marriage a marriage.

If we passed a law to call all cats dogs, would a cat become a dog, or would it still be a cat?

if the govt doesn't recognize it, there's no point to it.

i'd have some respect for you guys if you spent as much time fighting divorce as you do ssm.

your marriage must be pretty fragile if two strangers getting married threaten it.

Really? There's no point to marriage beyond government recognition? REALLY?!

I can assure you that my husband and I would still be married, whether the government sanctioned it or not.
How is your boyfriend these days? Still juggling two relationships? That must be tricky.

Ya know I love ya, Katz, but "real" Christians aren't without sin and should accept that fact.
For without that sin, there would have been no reason for His sacrifice.
No reason for redemption. No call to spread His good news.

"For all have sinned all fall short of the glory of God"
:cool:

Gays are sinners.

And so am I.

And so are you.

And so are we all.

And no sin is worse than any other.

Murder is worse than eating oysters.

To man, yes. To God, no.

But as Horty pointed out, Jesus fulfilled the Law. Oysters are okay now.

I worked a case a few years ago here where a man and his wife moved into town. He was an auto mechanic and after a few years of working at local repair shops he looked for a location to build his auto repair shop on. He found a realtor who happened to be from MY church, sang in the choir and was a big wig in the local church. The realtor found them a location at a very good intersection and they bought the lot for 120K. There was a disclosure clause in the contract that the seller know of no problems with the lot which included hazardous materials, dumping, etc. 6 months later they started construction on the lot. Turned out there was an entire building buried on this lot along with 20 feet deep filling of old construction materials and trash as this has been a dumping ground in the 70s. They had to pay 125K MORE to haul off the debris before they could build. The current building sits low at that intersection. They hired a law firm and the firm hired me to investigate. I found a local grader that had buried a lot of the materials there in the 70s for the past owners and he testified at court. I was so involved in this I went to the realtor that I knew from church. Facts were HE KNEW also. I inquired how could he do this, lie and fabricate this for a sale. This man was in his early 70s and a pillar in the community. "Dawg, this is what I do in the business world 6 days a week to make a living. This is business and what I do to make a sale. So what if we knew and did not tell the truth? God forgives me for my sins on Sunday when I ask for it".
Bull shit. He is going to burn in hell. This bit that one can do what they want, sin all they want and ask forgiveness and be saved one second before they die is Bull Shit.
If that is what Christianity is about then I want no part of it. Sin is not sin is not sin.
And we won the case awarding 250K to the man and his wife for real estate fraud.
That is NOT what Christianity is about.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

You demonstrate neither tolerance nor acceptance, you have no fucking business lecturing me, or anyone else, on the subject. If I want a lecture on the subject I will Rob Halford, the openly gay singer of Judas Priest. Here is what he has to say about the Chick-fil-A dust up. You should pay attention.

"Before I get into this, I just want to say that I love America. I love the American Constitution and the First Amendment," says Halford, 60, whose main residence is in Phoenix, Ariz. "I'm actually watching a PBS documentary that I got on DVD about the life of John Adams. If you really get into the heart and soul of this great country, it's all about the constitution and the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

"Everybody in this country has the right to say what they think and feel and what best represents them. The people at Chick-fil-A have the absolute right to say and do what they want. It doesn't matter that all of these people disagree with their opinion. The question was how would the people that agree with what that man said do to support the company and how would the ones against his anti-gay remarks protest.

"The supporters have been showing up in droves, to spend money at the restaurants and peacefully assemble. But there has obviously been so many people who have gone out and boycotted the company. I think it's great. That's our right here. What you're seeing here are the elements of the American Constitution in all of their glory. It's a wonderful thing to see happening and talk about and the fact that everyone is discussing the gay rights issue is great."

Before our interview ended, Halford wanted to be clear about his stance on the anti-gay marriage issue: "I don't think that man thought too much about the business consequences of what he said, but I think he was standing for what he believes in. I don't agree with him at all, but God bless the man. It's as simple as that."
Judas Priest's Rob Halford Weighs in on Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay Scandal - Noisecreep

Rob gets it. :clap2:

I'm sorry, did I miss the part where someone stuck a gun to your head and made you vote yes for any of those ballots?

No one says you have to like homosexuals, be friends with homosexuals, attend gay weddings or welcome them into your home.

You're even allowed to stand up and fight to keep them from having the ability to legally bind their lives to the person of their choosing.

However, the tide has turned agaisnt you. It will never again be socially acceptable to discriminate, bully, or shun someone based on who they love. Eventually homosexauls in our county, just like the rest of the western world, will have the right to marry, and in 30 years, there will be a tiny blip in textbooks showing pictures of angry people holding signs declaring gods wrath is nigh, next to a caption about Americas struggle for gay equality.

You are on the wrong side of history, however I would never tell you that you don't have the right to be there.

I'm sorry, did you miss the significance of something being a law? Spare me the obtuse act. I will never understand why you lefties think "I'm totally blank and stupid and can't figure out what's going on" is an effective argument.

No one says I have to do anything about homosexuals NOW. What will they say when it's the law?.....

If your position is "no one says I have to marry someone of the same gender now, but once the law changes maybe they will!"

Well then I can fully understand your fear and your need to fight so hard. I'm honestly sorry you're so worried, and would urge you to perhaps seek a counselor or your pastor to speak to.

:lame2: :ahole-1:

That is all.

You misspelled "Straw"
So how did you interpret

"No one says I have to do anything about homosexuals now. What will they say when it's the law? "

As a sentence in and of it's self.
I didn't see the word "marry" in it nowhere

For her to understand that sentence, she would need a memory and attention span longer than my 3-year-old's, and thus be able to read it in the context of her own post, which I responded to. She has amply demonstrated that her two brain cells have too much distance between them to effectively accomplish that.

I have to congratulate her, though, for setting a record as my fastest ignorant troll ignore ever on this board. :clap2:

Christians, who are real Christians, do not accept sin, do not tolerate it, and certainly do not respect it. At best, the very least, is to separate themselves from it.

Ya know I love ya, Katz, but "real" Christians aren't without sin and should accept that fact.
For without that sin, there would have been no reason for His sacrifice.
No reason for redemption. No call to spread His good news.

"For all have sinned all fall short of the glory of God"
:cool:

Of course none are without sin. The object of Christianity is to continually strive to be better people. To deliberately commit sinful acts, or to accept and tolerate sinfulness in others, to respect sin as Christian behavior, no. That's not why Jesus died. My personal belief is that no one is capable of judging the sin of another but are obligated to judge the sin in only their own hearts. It is their own, personal, obligation to reject sin in their own lives.

I worked a case a few years ago here where a man and his wife moved into town. He was an auto mechanic and after a few years of working at local repair shops he looked for a location to build his auto repair shop on. He found a realtor who happened to be from MY church, sang in the choir and was a big wig in the local church. The realtor found them a location at a very good intersection and they bought the lot for 120K. There was a disclosure clause in the contract that the seller know of no problems with the lot which included hazardous materials, dumping, etc. 6 months later they started construction on the lot. Turned out there was an entire building buried on this lot along with 20 feet deep filling of old construction materials and trash as this has been a dumping ground in the 70s. They had to pay 125K MORE to haul off the debris before they could build. The current building sits low at that intersection. They hired a law firm and the firm hired me to investigate. I found a local grader that had buried a lot of the materials there in the 70s for the past owners and he testified at court. I was so involved in this I went to the realtor that I knew from church. Facts were HE KNEW also. I inquired how could he do this, lie and fabricate this for a sale. This man was in his early 70s and a pillar in the community. "Dawg, this is what I do in the business world 6 days a week to make a living. This is business and what I do to make a sale. So what if we knew and did not tell the truth? God forgives me for my sins on Sunday when I ask for it".
Bull shit. He is going to burn in hell. This bit that one can do what they want, sin all they want and ask forgiveness and be saved one second before they die is Bull Shit.
If that is what Christianity is about then I want no part of it. Sin is not sin is not sin.
And we won the case awarding 250K to the man and his wife for real estate fraud.
That is NOT what Christianity is about.

That's what rationalization is about. A human being is capable of rationalizing any act at all. In his own mind, no criminal has committed a criminal act. They have all behaved rationally and logically.

So how did you interpret

"No one says I have to do anything about homosexuals now. What will they say when it's the law? "

As a sentence in and of it's self.
I didn't see the word "marry" in it nowhere

For her to understand that sentence, she would need a memory and attention span longer than my 3-year-old's, and thus be able to read it in the context of her own post, which I responded to. She has amply demonstrated that her two brain cells have too much distance between them to effectively accomplish that.

I have to congratulate her, though, for setting a record as my fastest ignorant troll ignore ever on this board. :clap2:

*takes a bow*

If you ever feel up to the challenge of defending your position without childish name calling, feel free to take me off ignore. :)

It's fine if you have one
It's fine if you're proud of it
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
And please don't try to shove it down my throat.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:

I'm perfectly fine if people want to wear religious symbols or of some football player wants to thank god for every touch down.

*shrug*

As long as they aren't asking me to join in, they can do as they please.

"Asking" is not the same as "forcing".

You extremist anti-Christian loons need to figure that out.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:

I'm perfectly fine if people want to wear religious symbols or of some football player wants to thank god for every touch down.

*shrug*

Thank you for assigning me a position and then criticizing that position.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Gee, Ravi just got put on ignore. I'm a Christian and I can feel the hate dripping in those words. No you don't have to accept me. I'll be ignoring you from now on, I suggest you ignore me and we'll both be happy. Meanwhile, I'll be praying for you Ravi.

Gee, Ravi just got put on ignore. I'm a Christian and I can feel the hate dripping in those words. No you don't have to accept me. I'll be ignoring you from now on, I suggest you ignore me and we'll both be happy. Meanwhile, I'll be praying for you Ravi.

This is a parody thread.

All she did was take the word gay and swap it with Christian.

This is a parody thread.

All she did was take the word gay and swap it with Christian.

Okay, gee take awhile off this board and things get way out of hand....sorry Ravi.

FYI, while I went for years on the fence about gay marriage I am now off the fence and believe it should be legalized. Maybe that way, it'll go away and we can start discussing some stuff of real importance. I don't care about gays, I do not like it being rubbed in my face, but other than that I don't care.

*shrug*

Thank you for assigning me a position and then criticizing that position.

Again..you don't have a right to be protected from people "asking" you to join.

Get it? "Asking" is not "forcing".

While I don't particularly care what they do, when they demand that I change what I do to conform with their desires then I draw the line. Their opinion has the force of the law and that's my objection.

And that's the difference.

When you refuse to accept Christ as your savior, Christians don't scream that you are violating their civil rights.

Forum List

Back