Christians blast Trump in new ad: ‘The days of using our faith for your benefit are over’

Let us get something straight. Trump is not a Christian.

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.
Matthew 6:5

Remember when Trump made that big scene, chasing off protestors and then posing in front of a church with a bible. He did that to be seen.

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.
Luke 18:14

Trump has made a career out of exalting himself. Rest assured, he will be humbled. Probably when he declares bankruptcy in the next few years, again.

“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8

We can strike humbly off rather quickly. And Trump's vindictiveness pretty much sweeps kindness away. Justice, well when you turn the arm of the government that is suppose to be about justice in to your own political machine that kind of negates that one as well.

“Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done. He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

“The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. He will show no regard for the gods of his ancestors or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.
Daniel 11:36-37

Enough said.

You actually said too much, B.S.

Are you aware that Christians are being killed for their faith and their churches are burned to the ground, all over the world. NO GROUP IN THE ENTIRE WORLD IS CLOSE TO CHRISTIANS IN SUFFERING PERSECUTION.

In just the last year*, there have been:

Over 260 million Christians living in places where they experience high levels of persecution

2,983 Christians killed for their faith
9,488 churches and other Christian buildings attacked
3,711 believers detained without trial, arrested, sentenced or imprisoned
Now the Church you refer to, St. John's Episcopal Church, had suffered a fire and vandalism and the President decided to take a stand, appearing there holding up a Bible, the very Bible you quote,

You claim "He did that to be seen"...REALLY? Are you saying that have the same abilities of the LORD to see what is in a man's heart??

1 Samuel 16:7
... the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.”

Are you flippin kidding me. No group is close to suffering persecution like Christians? For real. How about Muslims in India? Hindus in Bangladesh. I mean I know you won't find coverage of that type of thing on FOX news, but you might try reading once in a while, or maybe NPR "The World" if you can't read.
You are talking about waring factions, not persecutions in India and Bangladesh.

Muslims in China ARE being persecuted, as our Christians.

Matthew 5:10-12

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Yes, Christians, like myself and other Christian have entered in the labors of the prophets, so persecution is too be expected. But.. ".your reward is great in heaven"

The Christian right is absolutely fine with insincere lip service and despise any politician who might cite a Christian motive for not treating people like garbage.
His presidency has really exposed them for what they are.
Very true.
Christians love America, our troops, law enforcement, Constitution, flag, and the rights of everyone no matter how old they are.
As compared to you Democrat God haters who take the opposite positions.

The democrat party is rabidly supportive of abortion. The New York legislature in unison stood and cheered and applauded their new law this year which allows any baby that survives an abortion to be killed on the operating table. That’s more vividly evil than the act covered up by a womb.

The democrat party supports any parent to give their 4 year old boy hormone blockers and other drugs to stifle their natural male growth and turn the poor little should into a monster. How dare these fiends do this to a child.

The democrat party supports gay marriage and the promotion of every kind of sexual perversion in our secondary schools and high schools. I can assure, God does not! And God is a Christian.

The democrat party is visibly against supporting our police and far too lenient upon those who break our laws. The democrat party is insanely promoting open borders and a weak military and an aversion to moral and good Israel, and says next to nothing against radical, nefarious Islam. None of that is Christian.

Who you trying to kid with your post? On the other hand, I am sure there are many ambivalent or indifferent people out there who may buy into this lie that this political ad is trying to say. True Christianity, in these present times, is strictly against radical secular liberalism which includes every democrat political leader I can think of. And Trump is a Christian because he opposes the very same things Christians do. Thank God for flawed sinner Donald Trump who is doing great Christian things despite his flaws.
Democrats want abortions at 9 months.

Looks like real Christians have had enough of Trump using them for his nefarious deeds.

“Christians don’t need Trump to save them,” the spot adds. “The truth is that Trump needs Christians to save his flailing campaign.”

This rings true. If self-professed evangelicals weren't a political group masquerading as a Christian group, this would be convincing to them. However, that's not the case.

Powerful ad just the same though.

What say you?

Christians? I'd say more like DEM activists....

Looks like real Christians have had enough of Trump using them for his nefarious deeds.

“Christians don’t need Trump to save them,” the spot adds. “The truth is that Trump needs Christians to save his flailing campaign.”

This rings true. If self-professed evangelicals weren't a political group masquerading as a Christian group, this would be convincing to them. However, that's not the case.

What say you?

The irony is that Christian conservatives and the social right don't need Trump anymore.

They supported Trump for one reason and one reason only: abortion.

Now that Trump has packed the Court with justices hostile to privacy rights jurisprudence – a majority of conservative ideologues who will gleefully overturn Roe/Casey – the Christian right is at liberty to kick Trump to the curb.

"Packed the court", you're an idiot.

The democrat party is rabidly supportive of abortion. The New York legislature in unison stood and cheered and applauded their new law this year which allows any baby that survives an abortion to be killed on the operating table. That’s more vividly evil than the act covered up by a womb.

The democrat party supports any parent to give their 4 year old boy hormone blockers and other drugs to stifle their natural male growth and turn the poor little should into a monster. How dare these fiends do this to a child.

The democrat party supports gay marriage and the promotion of every kind of sexual perversion in our secondary schools and high schools. I can assure, God does not! And God is a Christian.

The democrat party is visibly against supporting our police and far too lenient upon those who break our laws. The democrat party is insanely promoting open borders and a weak military and an aversion to moral and good Israel, and says next to nothing against radical, nefarious Islam. None of that is Christian.

Who you trying to kid with your post? On the other hand, I am sure there are many ambivalent or indifferent people out there who may buy into this lie that this political ad is trying to say. True Christianity, in these present times, is strictly against radical secular liberalism which includes every democrat political leader I can think of. And Trump is a Christian because he opposes the very same things Christians do. Thank God for flawed sinner Donald Trump who is doing great Christian things despite his flaws.
Democrats want abortions at 9 months.
That is so totally sad. I pray for those young women who take the low road and cannot understand the losses others feel for the sixty million + Americans we lost since rvw. :sad:

The Christian right is absolutely fine with insincere lip service and despise any politician who might cite a Christian motive for not treating people like garbage.
What, real Americans?
In your minds, sure.
Well of course since we actually have minds, but certainly much much more than that.....like my 25 years of military service in the Navy...in which branch did you serve?

What, real Americans?
In your minds, sure.
Well of course since we actually have minds, but certainly much much more than that.....like my 25 years of military service in the Navy...in which branch did you serve?
None. Nor am I a pretend Christian.

Anything else?

What, real Americans?
In your minds, sure.
None. Nor am I a pretend Christian.

Anything else?
I already knew what you are. Nothing else from me America hater.

What, real Americans?
In your minds, sure.
Thank you for your service to my dear brother's Navy to give his life to this country, 1965 - 1985. :thanks:Welcome to USMB.

Very true.
Christians love America, our troops, law enforcement, Constitution, flag, and the rights of everyone no matter how old they are.
eab86zfb49u51.jpg

Very true.
eab86zfb49u51.jpg
The Jesus that whipped people and tossed tables or the Jesus that plays third base for the Red Sox?

What say you?

I notice a trend from you.

Real Americans are Democrats. Real conservatives are Democrats. Real Republicans are Democrats. Now real Christians are Democrats.

You're a real one trick pony. Note that makes it a Democrat one trick pony, huh?

Think ...

Very true.
eab86zfb49u51.jpg

So in your fantasy world, that Jesus tested people with government money who were about to be given government money is bad, but giving them government money isn't.

I have a secret for you. Jesus never advocated that welfare be done by government. He actually advocated your charity be done by ... you ... Is that a mind fuck or what?

Very true.
eab86zfb49u51.jpg

So in your fantasy world, that Jesus tested people with government money who were about to be given government money is bad, but giving them government money isn't.

I have a secret for you. Jesus never advocated that welfare be done by government. He actually advocated your charity be done by ... you ... Is that a mind fuck or what?
Jesus said give joyfully to the poor.

Government shows up with armed people unless you give what they demand you give.

What say you?

I say, you have ignored four influential world countries who have nominated President Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for his effort to end wars by healing s rift, thousands of years of two brothers, separated by two mothers married to his father, and their desire for their son to inherit his flocks, properties, and worldly goods, split in the interests of the wife who was his cousin and who had his youngest son. Both sons started different countries in the Middle East and have fussed over every little thing for 5,000 years. And I don't know what President Trump's deal was, except that it could enable all mankind to come back to brotherhood and care for each other as in the family of man.

The Dems use these "actors" because they have nothing else. They plant actors with Confederate flags at Trump rallies so CNN can film them...

Heck, the wikileaks in 2016 proved that the "fights" at Trump events were all started by paid Hillary campaign "workers," and CNN was right there filming them and claiming "Trump is inciting violence."

The use of "white supremacist" today is the big "boogeyman." 1 in 10000 whites in America is a "white supremacist," but according to CNN it is "any white not voting Dem...."

Very true.
eab86zfb49u51.jpg

we need to see how the conservative bible project has changed this verse..

"For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land'" (Deuteronomy 15:11)

Forum List

Back