Christians: Are We Commanded To Preach To Others Or To Try To Save Their Souls?

The adjective "force" only applies to points of view he doesn't hold himself.

When he blabs his nonsense, he's not forcing anyone to listen to him...but if he is faced with any dissent, then the dissenters are *forcing* him to listen.

Like I'm *telling* him how he should act, lol. He doesn't understand the difference between his opinion and even his own mistaken perception, and reality.

I know how to act. I had good parents. I was taught not to use potty mouth words.

No, I'm not teaching the kids potty mouth. I shouldn't have said tough shit, I hope you will recover. I suppose now we'll have to hear about how I *forced* you to read salty language.

Well, salty language when spoken is bad enough but when one takes the time and forethought to write it, there is no defense. There are things such as class and character you know, even among preaching zealots.

Yes, well, I don't put much store in your interpretation of the most basic of words, let alone the basic tenets of Christianity, which you've managed to completely bastardize.

Probably about the same store I put when discussing potty mouth preachers who want to tell me what I must believe.

You can believe what you wish to believe. but the scriptures are clear that we are to preach the Gospel and warn our neighbors.

Warn them about what that they don't already know?

The adjective "force" only applies to points of view he doesn't hold himself.

When he blabs his nonsense, he's not forcing anyone to listen to him...but if he is faced with any dissent, then the dissenters are *forcing* him to listen.

Like I'm *telling* him how he should act, lol. He doesn't understand the difference between his opinion and even his own mistaken perception, and reality.

I know how to act. I had good parents. I was taught not to use potty mouth words.

I congratulate you.

Again, you don't understand the concepts you are talking about.

No, I'm not teaching the kids potty mouth. I shouldn't have said tough shit, I hope you will recover. I suppose now we'll have to hear about how I *forced* you to read salty language.

Well, salty language when spoken is bad enough but when one takes the time and forethought to write it, there is no defense. There are things such as class and character you know, even among preaching zealots.

Yes, well, I don't put much store in your interpretation of the most basic of words, let alone the basic tenets of Christianity, which you've managed to completely bastardize.

Probably about the same store I put when discussing potty mouth preachers who want to tell me what I must believe.

You can believe what you wish to believe. but the scriptures are clear that we are to preach the Gospel and warn our neighbors.

The difference between you and I are that you have decided that Christ failed miserably in the very mission God the Father sent Him to accomplish (I doubt though that you even know what that mission was) while I have the faith to believe He will succeed as He said He would himself.

I'm glad I have you here to tell me what I believe. You got that out of the fact that I think we should do what Christ asked us to do and because I suggested you shouldn't be a hypocrite. Which is another thing Christ told us to do.

forgive me if I listen to Him instead of you.

The difference between you and I are that you have decided that Christ failed miserably in the very mission God the Father sent Him to accomplish (I doubt though that you even know what that mission was) while I have the faith to believe He will succeed as He said He would himself.

I'm glad I have you here to tell me what I believe. You got that out of the fact that I think we should do what Christ asked us to do and because I suggested you shouldn't be a hypocrite. Which is another thing Christ told us to do.

That's what you should do. That's why I don't want to hear your preaching. I have Christ.

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Lets be honest about this. Almost every church and every preacher I've ever ran into said you should spread the word. They encourage it. But lets say you are a little girl who's shy and doesn't talk to people unless you are on the internet. Are you going to go up to people on the street and talk that jesus shit? No. Or if you are a freshman girl in high school. Are you going to try to convert the girl seniors? Fuck no you'll get your ass kicked. And keep in mind those girls are probably chistians too. Maybe they weren't born again but they were baptized as babies. Are you going to tell them they need a do over? Fuck no!

Will you go to hell if you keep your religion to yourself? No. First of all because there is no hell, secondly because no you are right. It isn't a requirement. God didn't say you have to tell 10 people a day. But the point of the story of Jesus telling his disciples to spread the word means you too should spread the word. Don't argue with me, talk to all the Christian churches who preach it to their members.

It is implied.

I recognize when I'm addressing the Serpent.

You one of those snake handling folks?

I was just going to bring them up. You beat me to it. I want these USMB theists to prove their faith and go pick up a rattler. If you don't really have 100% faith you die. I bet a lot of them aren't 100% sure their god exists like they claim. So i wonder what percent they give this jesus or mohammad character if they don't really 100% believe? 99%? 51%?

I'd say 51%. Deep down they know he's not real but many of them tell themselves "it's better to be safe than sorry so I'll just go along and say I believe". In fact they convince themselves they believe.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalize world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

That's what you should do. That's why I don't want to hear your preaching. I have Christ.

Right. What did He say about hypocrites again?

I have read the Bible for some 50+ years now and have found no scriptures instructing the average lay Christian to either preach to sinners or to attempt to save any sinner's soul. If you have discovered such scripture, please post it. Thank you in advance.

Lets be honest about this. Almost every church and every preacher I've ever ran into said you should spread the word. They encourage it. But lets say you are a little girl who's shy and doesn't talk to people unless you are on the internet. Are you going to go up to people on the street and talk that jesus shit? No. Or if you are a freshman girl in high school. Are you going to try to convert the girl seniors? Fuck no you'll get your ass kicked. And keep in mind those girls are probably chistians too. Maybe they weren't born again but they were baptized as babies. Are you going to tell them they need a do over? Fuck no!

Will you go to hell if you keep your religion to yourself? No. First of all because there is no hell, secondly because no you are right. It isn't a requirement. God didn't say you have to tell 10 people a day. But the point of the story of Jesus telling his disciples to spread the word means you too should spread the word. Don't argue with me, talk to all the Christian churches who preach it to their members.

It is implied.

Then be honest. He said to go into all the world. It has already been in America for years. There are churches on almost every corner. Television and radio as well. I go to the Church of my choice and hear the pastor of my choice preach. Let these street and internet preachers get off their butts and go into the Amazon and preach if they want to. If I want them to preach to me, allow me the right to ask them first to preach to me before they take it upon themselves and start bellowing out at me.

It is implied.

What I want these self-appointed and self-ordained preachers to tell me just where in America today is there a dark city or dark corner in which the gospel is not being preached already by bona fide Churches and duly ordained ministers.

It is implied.

What I want these self-appointed and self-ordained preachers to tell me just where in America today is there a dark city or dark corner in which the gospel is not being preached already by bona fide Churches and duly ordained ministers.

Look Satan, it is quite obvious you are a hypocrite and from the beginning of this thread have tried to withhold the Word of God from nonbelievers. You were called on it, too bad.

It is implied.

Look Satan, it is quite obvious you are a hypocrite and from the beginning of this thread have tried to withhold the Word of God from nonbelievers. You were called on it, too bad.

Forum List

Back