Christianity in a Nutshell

norwegen

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2013
Ormond Beach, FL
What makes religion logical? Not much, generally speaking, in my opinion. I profess Christianity, then, not only for my personal experience through conversion, but also because it actually exhibits a certain logic, or historical and cultural cohesion.

In short, the Bible is history from ancient Israel’s perspective, which includes her prehistory as Adam (mankind) who roamed the wilderness for some 800 years or so without the God they once knew. Then ethnic Israel’s history begins with their patriarchs and their attempts to reconcile with God in their attempts at obedience (tabernacle, law, and a misguided devotion to ethnic progeny). This history ends with the destruction of the temple and hence the Law and any self-imposed rights to territory (detailed in the gospels, epistles, and the Apocalypse).

That’s it, really. That’s the Bible. Historically and culturally verifiable (generally speaking). And then comes Christianity, the seeds of which were planted in ethnic Israel’s eschaton. This new "heavenly" Israel, in its way, brings back to life the spiritual underpinnings that God initiated in the Garden. And it also correlates with history in its growth and its vision that government would rest on Christ's shoulders.

Like a fig tree in springtime, and indeed all trees in that season, the church was sprouting green shoots, but after the fall of the cult of temple, summer would come; the empire of the saints and their king would blossom, and eventually, in a most glorious and unstoppable way, would spread its branches throughout the world. Jesus knew this would begin to happen and happen soon—in his generation:

Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. As soon as they come out in leaf, you see for yourselves and know that the summer is already near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place. (Lk 21:29b-32).​

The historical accuracy of ethnic Israel’s prophecies really are kind of hard to deny. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
- but also because it actually exhibits a certain logic, or historical and cultural cohesion.
a religion can exist through a single publication 10000 pages in length written 4 centuries past the events for which no person is certain for its climatic conclusion - is certain logic.

howabout the religion of antiquity the 1st century truly by any standard, liberation theology was the core motivation of a single religious itinerant that hopelessly and without fan fare perished by crucifixion who's message shortly passed to become a political document disguised to circumvent the very reason for its main characters death to perpetrate the crucifiers nefarious intent than theirs they died for..

What makes religion logical? Not much, generally speaking, in my opinion. I profess Christianity, then, not only for my personal experience through conversion, but also because it actually exhibits a certain logic, or historical and cultural cohesion.

In short, the Bible is history from ancient Israel’s perspective, which includes her prehistory as Adam (mankind) who roamed the wilderness for some 800 years or so without the God they once knew. Then ethnic Israel’s history begins with their patriarchs and their attempts to reconcile with God in their attempts at obedience (tabernacle, law, and a misguided devotion to ethnic progeny). This history ends with the destruction of the temple and hence the Law and any self-imposed rights to territory (detailed in the gospels, epistles, and the Apocalypse).

That’s it, really. That’s the Bible. Historically and culturally verifiable (generally speaking). And then comes Christianity, the seeds of which were planted in ethnic Israel’s eschaton. This new "heavenly" Israel, in its way, brings back to life the spiritual underpinnings that God initiated in the Garden. And it also correlates with history in its growth and its vision that government would rest on Christ's shoulders.

Like a fig tree in springtime, and indeed all trees in that season, the church was sprouting green shoots, but after the fall of the cult of temple, summer would come; the empire of the saints and their king would blossom, and eventually, in a most glorious and unstoppable way, would spread its branches throughout the world. Jesus knew this would begin to happen and happen soon—in his generation:

Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. As soon as they come out in leaf, you see for yourselves and know that the summer is already near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place. (Lk 21:29b-32).​

The historical accuracy of ethnic Israel’s prophecies really are kind of hard to deny. Just my two cents.

Except that's not what happened.
Not only did God not forsake Adam and Eve. He found them when they hid, and actually shed blood to cover their sin so He COULD remain close to them. Not only did he have a relationship with them, but with their children, and their children...
God never wanted us to be judged by the Law. He wanted to be Father who constantly forgave instead of Judge because of the Law. It was condemnation and death. But the Jews asked for it, and got it.

Merciful Father that he is, He sent a better covenant. The only sacrifice we ever need:

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

He is no longer Judge. Through Christ, God is Merciful Father again, even forgiving us while we are in the act of sinning. Just like He did with Adam and Eve. He doesn't forsake us, we forsake Him.

Except that's not what happened.
Not only did God not forsake Adam and Eve. He found them when they hid, and actually shed blood to cover their sin so He COULD remain close to them. Not only did he have a relationship with them, but with their children, and their children...
God never wanted us to be judged by the Law. He wanted to be Father who constantly forgave instead of Judge because of the Law. It was condemnation and death. But the Jews asked for it, and got it.

Merciful Father that he is, He sent a better covenant. The only sacrifice we ever need:

For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

He is no longer Judge. Through Christ, God is Merciful Father again, even forgiving us while we are in the act of sinning. Just like He did with Adam and Eve. He doesn't forsake us, we forsake Him.
I didn't say God forsook Adam and Eve.

And that's exactly what happened. When Paul said, "For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death," who do you think he was addressing? You?

What logic is there in believing in an all powerful all knowing being when there is no evidence that such a being exists?

What logic is there in believing in an all powerful all knowing being when there is no evidence that such a being exists?
Maybe no proof. But no evidence? Really?

You don't think the first-century Christians' vision of God's increasing kingdom on the earth was ever realized? Well, for being so inconsequential, its temple, the church, sure has a lot of atheists and liberals whining about it being shoved down their throats.

You don't think the first-century Christians' vision of God's increasing kingdom on the earth was ever realized? Well, for being so inconsequential, its temple, the church, sure has a lot of atheists and liberals whining about it being shoved down their throats.

God is a theory just like evolution or the big bang.

Can you summarize Christianity, which is quite real? This thread really isn't about theories.

Can you summarize Christianity any better? This thread really isn't about theories.

Christianity is just another variant of the one god religion. IMO it was so successful because it personalized a deity so people could feel that an all powerful, all knowing supreme being could relate to them.

Religion as a whole has evolved along with humans.

We used gods to explain things we couldn't comprehend. As we understood the natural world in greater depth we discarded gods we no longer had use for.

So we are left with just one that is used to explain one thing we don't really understand and one thing we all fear the most.

How did we get here and what happens after we die.

Christianity is just another variant of the one god religion.
That's not true at all; it's actually antithetical to the truth. Christianity is a repudiation of temple culture and of a law that failed to reconcile God and man.
IMO it was so successful because it personalized a deity so people could feel that an all powerful, all knowing supreme being could relate to them.

We used gods to explain things we couldn't comprehend. As we understood the natural world in greater depth we discarded gods we no longer had use for.

So we are left with just one that is used to explain one thing we don't really understand and one thing we all fear the most.

Yes, it's personalized, but that's nothing new. To the Israelites (at least the righteous ones) and some Christians now, that relationship existed in the Garden of Eden.

Apparently, the God of the Bible is not a God we no longer have use for; He still greatly perturbs the atheists and liberals. What keeps evolving among Christians is their explanation for human origins. The Bible, however, never once attempts to explain evolution or cosmic beginnings.

Can you explain within biblical contexts - that the earth is a disc resting on pillars, that the creation is covenantal (the breath of God) - what Christianity really is? Most Christians can't. They're waiting on God to rescue them from the earth, which is their inheritance (Matthew 5:5).

Last edited:
Christianity is just another variant of the one god religion.
That's not true at all; it's actually antithetical to the truth. Christianity is a repudiation of temple culture and of a law that failed to reconcile God and man.
IMO it was so successful because it personalized a deity so people could feel that an all powerful, all knowing supreme being could relate to them.

Yes, it's personalized, but that's nothing new. To the Israelites (at least the righteous ones) and some Christians now, that relationship existed in the Garden of Eden.

Apparently, the God of the Bible is not a God we no longer have use for; He still greatly perturbs the atheists and liberals. What keeps evolving among Christians is their explanation for human origins. The Bible, however, never once attempts to explain evolution or cosmic beginnings.

Can you explain within biblical contexts - that the earth is a disc resting on pillars, that the creation is covenantal (the breath of God) - what Christianity really is? Most Christians can't. They're waiting on God to rescue them from the earth, which is their inheritance (Matthew 5:5).
But Jesus walked among the common man the god of the old testament never did. So that is how Christianity was more personal than all other religions before it.

And the bible does say that God created the heavens and the earth and all the animals and man as well.
That is the creationists explanation.

And I'm not biblical scholar so I won't be able to put anything within biblical contexts to any degree of satisfaction.

But Jesus walked among the common man the god of the old testament never did.
True, He never walked among the Israelites. He did walk among Adam, though.

According to Israel's Scriptures, by the way, God did present Himself on occasion to His people. He came in clouds (and no, not puffs of condensation in the troposphere).
And the bible does say that God created the heavens and the earth and all the animals and man as well.

And I'm not biblical scholar so I won't be able to put anything within biblical contexts to any degree of satisfaction.
God may or may not have consigned any biological interest in creation, but He certainly did in covenantal creation. That He created animals and natural man is a sweet thought, and perhaps true. No doubt true, in my opinion. But do you know how many times in the Bible God created heaven and earth? Several.

Heaven and earth are not biology or cosmology.

According to Israel's Scriptures, by the way, God did present Himself on occasion to His people. He came in clouds (and no, not puffs of condensation in the troposphere).

God may or may not have consigned any biological interest in creation, but He certainly did in covenantal creation. That He created animals and natural man is a sweet thought, and perhaps true. No doubt true, in my opinion. But do you know how many times in the Bible God created heaven and earth? Several.

Appearing as a puffy cloud is not the same as walking among people as a man. That's the basis of Christianity isn't it?

Appearing as a puffy cloud is not the same as walking among people as a man. That's the basis of Christianity isn't it?
I said he did not appear as a puffy cloud. This is a major mistake that Christians make - that Christ's Parousia is both in a raincloud and in body, which the Bible does not say. Christ, in fact, according to Paul, is the one who accompanied the Israelites in their battles (in a cloud of shekinah glory, as the rabbis called it).

That he humbled himself to humanity (Philippians, Chapter 2), is foundational to Christianity, true. The reason for coming as a man, however, would obviously be the foundation.

Your argument, then, is not with the Bible or Christianity, but with mainstream Christians. No wonder you can't find the logic.

and just what was that in reference to (your) 4th century christianity - 1st centuries vision ...

and no, atheists, liberals and many walks of life are not crucifiers relying on forgeries and fallacies to persecute and victimize the innocent. the christian bible. norwegen's subliminal goal.

prove once, the 1st century religious itinerant ever claimed humanity is born in sin, they themselves are responsible for or they may not themselves triumph over all sin as prescribed by the religion of antiquity - for admission to the Everlasting.

What makes religion logical?

Your existence alone makes it logical.
Can you explain us who had created anything when even to create a small vaccine you need numerous scientist, knowelage and devices?

nasa_image.jpg

Or shall we believe the idiotic Big Bang 'theory', after an explosion from nothing came anything into existence?

Forum List

Back