Chris Sununu bashes both Trump and DeSantis. Does he have a point w/ the latter RE Disney?

Here’s the thing. Your candidates don’t win, but guys like Sununu who would still give you 80% of what you want as opposed to Biden or one of the other Democrats who will give you 10% of what you want can win.

Decide which is better. Should not be a hard decision.

That is why I would never support any Republican. The only difference between Trump and Sununu is that Sununu is 80% hateful rather than 100% hateful.

not so

But maybe you can supply the details on the Disney/DeSantis problem?

then again... libs aren't known for their strict adherence to truth / facts or their abhorrence of lies... so maybe I need to ask someone else

It's vengeance because of Disney not kissing his ass and not knuckling under on his anti-LGBTQ and anti-woke agenda. In short - DeSantis is a bully and a tyrant.

why?

Because most conservatives feel about him and Trump and DeSantis the same way as the conservatives here do?
2024 will be a battle between the washington insiders (who I dislike) and the upstart forces of change within the republican party

Sununu represents the largely unpopular swamp rat wing while DeSantos and trump tepresent the grassroots revolutionaries

And I think the inside washington crowd are at a disadvantage

It's vengeance because of Disney not kissing his ass and not knuckling under on his anti-LGBTQ and anti-woke agenda. In short - DeSantis is a bully and a tyrant.
As I pointed out to your sister lib earlier, the left has been doing the same thing to Chic-fil-a

By electing people such as DeSantas and Trump

DeSantis may be more talk than action. The new legislation apparently preserves the special district for Disney.
As The New York Times reported: “This time, Disney would be allowed to keep the special tax district – which never went away – and almost all its perks, including the ability to issue tax-exempt bonds and approve development plans without scrutiny from certain local regulators.”

So … DeSantis stuck it to woke Disney by taking control of the board that oversees the company’s special tax district while leaving all the perks and tax breaks in place.

The bill’s sponsor in the House, Republican Rep. Fred Hawkins, was asked how it changes anything happening in the district and said: “That I can’t answer.”

The reason for this is that DeSantis' people probably told him that taxpayers would be on the hook for the $700 billion in bonds that have been sold. That is a real poison pill that DeSantis didn't want to swallow.

"

DeSantis may be more talk than action. The new legislation apparently preserves the special district for Disney.
As The New York Times reported: “This time, Disney would be allowed to keep the special tax district – which never went away – and almost all its perks, including the ability to issue tax-exempt bonds and approve development plans without scrutiny from certain local regulators.”

So … DeSantis stuck it to woke Disney by taking control of the board that oversees the company’s special tax district while leaving all the perks and tax breaks in place.

The bill’s sponsor in the House, Republican Rep. Fred Hawkins, was asked how it changes anything happening in the district and said: “That I can’t answer.”

The reason for this is that DeSantis' people probably told him that taxpayers would be on the hook for the $700 billion in bonds that have been sold. That is a real poison pill that DeSantis didn't want to swallow.

"
We cant win ‘em all

But the war continues

Actually he did not revoke it. There was a lot of talk about doing so, just feeding the Rubes what they want to hear. In the end it was not revoked becuase doing so would cost the state and the counties too much money.

Actually he did. However the state legislature is poised to reverse that. DeSantis gets the crumb of appointing board members, but it re-establishes the status quo. It likely is because taxpayers would be stuck with the $700 billion in bonds.

I don't listen to libs. . mostly bc they always post such emotional, irrational bs like this

2024 will be a battle between the washington insiders (who I dislike) and the upstart forces of change within the republican party

Sununu represents the largely unpopular swamp rat wing while DeSantos and trump tepresent the grassroots revolutionaries

And I think the inside washington crowd are at a disadvantage
so you think exactly like me... :)

and anyone with half a brain... which excludes the idiots who voted for Corn pop. But there weren't many of them.. maybe 10,000, I'd say... the other ballots were stolen or faked or cast by dead people

I don't listen to libs. . mostly bc they always post such emotional, irrational bs like this

Well, sparky, let us know when you find a more "credible" reason for his attack on Disney. We'll be waiting...

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis tried to punish Disney because the company opposed the state’s “Don’t Say Gay” bill—amounting to an illiberal crackdown against one of America’s lead examples of private city governance.

Last edited:
“taking over?” more like requiring companies like disney to pay their fair share in taxes…instead of these fascist relations big business have wirh the demafasict party

Disney has been paying more than their fair share in taxes. The $700 billion in bonds has been paid by Disney not taxpayers.

Forum List

Back