I like DeSantis, and I don’t Like Disney. But, I have to say it . . .

Why should one side always be allowed to do the bullying and suffer no repercussions for it?
I never said that. Again, we should fight back. But mimicking the Dems tactics isn't fighting back. It's endorsing their ideas about how government should function.

I never said that. Again, we should fight back. But mimicking the Dems tactics isn't fighting back. It's endorsing their ideas about how government should function.
OK. How do you want to "fight back"? Isn't fighting back childish?

I first noticed Disney’s woke commercials a couple of years ago when I saw one of their ads, featuring about a dozen visitors to their park. They had a bi-racial couple, a gay couple, a black family, a couple of black friends, a mixed group of a few blacks and one token white, a Hispanic couple speaking in Spanish, etc., etc.

When I posted that on this board, noting that of the dozen or so visitors Disney highlighted, there was not a single white family, or a white couple. The backlash from leftists was predictable: “racist!!”

Q: Why would a company purposely exclude the 70% of the population who happen to be white from its advertising?

A: Because anti-white racism is sweeping the country, aided by “woke” companies.

Let’s say you have a business. Your business is successful. Your customer base is white families. To expand your business you have to get some other folks into your establishment don’t you?

Doesn’t the Republican Party do that? They highlight and embrace the odd minority who stumbles in. Even if it is a guy who just got lost and wondered into the wrong area. You scream that this fellow has woken up from the lies of the Democrats.

The Commercials aren’t to get someone who is already a customer. It is to get people who aren’t buying their product to go and buy.

It is the same thing with Coke and Pepsi. We have all drunk enough Coke and Pepsi to piss it for a week. But every day millions of dollars are spent to try and get more people to buy it. People who might buy the competition.

Disney trying to get more customers or guests if you prefer that are outside of the usual demographic is just the same damned thing everyone does.

So lighten up Francis.

They should have kept their mouths shut. Now they can go out of business. For God's sake, they are now embracing absurdity with young children.

They won’t go out of business. They’ll move.

Florida will be the one suffering. And the Republicans will be the ones getting the blame. And the Democrats will rise to power. It will take a decade. But DeSantis has written the obituary for Florida. And he got the cheers of the idiots like yourself for doing it.

They won’t go out of business. They’ll move.

Florida will be the one suffering. And the Republicans will be the ones getting the blame. And the Democrats will rise to power. It will take a decade. But DeSantis has written the obituary for Florida. And he got the cheers of the idiots like yourself for doing it.
Good. Let them move to a queer blue state.

OK. How do you want to "fight back"? Isn't fighting back childish?
The notion that the way to defend yourself against someone who does something you don't like is to do the same thing back at them - that's what's childish. It's just tit-for-tat retribution that merely perpetuates the problem.

The goal should be to stop government social engineering - to put an end to the bullying. The schools aren't there to indoctrinate our children with the current political agenda. The government isn't there to tell us what to think. I realize that was the nominal goal of the Don't Say Gay law, and I didn't necessarily have a problem with it. I don't think it should have been done at the state level (education policy should always be as localized as possible), nor should it have targeted specific things that teachers can or can't say (again, that's just doing the same thing as them in other direction). But I think it was aiming in the right direction.

My problem is with the straight-up fascist policy of threatening people or businesses who don't agree with the government with legal repercussions - simply for disagreeing publicly. That's fucked up.

Good. Let them move to a queer blue state.

North Carolina is one who is trying to get them already.

Georgia would love to have them. Georgia already gives sweetheart deals to companies to move to the state.

What Georgia usually offers is State assistance in procuring the land, huge tax breaks, and incentives including running power lines and other utilities. For Disney they would bulldoze Macon to get the park here.

Being non MAGA Republicans Georgia knows that bringing jobs and businesses to the state is a good thing.

North Carolina is one who is trying to get them already.

Georgia would love to have them. Georgia already gives sweetheart deals to companies to move to the state.

What Georgia usually offers is State assistance in procuring the land, huge tax breaks, and incentives including running power lines and other utilities. For Disney they would bulldoze Macon to get the park here.

Being non MAGA Republicans Georgia knows that bringing jobs and businesses to the state is a good thing.
Let's not be mistaken. No matter how sweet the pot is, Disney will lose millions, if not billions in the long run. Putting moving costs aside, assuming that would all be subsidized in some way, attendance would be much lower in either North Carolina or Georgia. Wasn't it Georgia that the leftists were boycotting due to their political policies? My, how things change.

It makes me wonder if you did or ever do any research or just post your total opinion about the subject(s)!

A 1967 book titled The Economic Impact of Disney World on Florida predicted: “During its initial construction stage and first ten years of operation, Disney World will directly generate a measurable addition in excess of $6.6 billion in new wealth to the economy of Florida.”

There is also some thoughts about how things might have developed for Disney world and Florida.

Fifty years after Disney World opened its doors, it's not such a "small world after all."

Indeed, the Central Florida entertainment empire that Walt built now must deal with big world problems, such as gridlocked highways, a housing shortage and stressed natural resources.

The mystery is why government planners did not follow The Walt Disney Company's lead in land-use planning for counties that straddle the 38-miles along Interstate 4 that Disney used to build “the happiest place on earth,” including the world's No. 1 tourist destination, Walt Disney World.
In the last half-century, Orange and Osceola counties have grown from 370,000 people to 1.8 million. That makes Disney the big mouse in the room, so to speak, when politicians meet to discuss issues affecting workers or decide who pays to accommodate population growth.

1683041163609.png

Government gotta get their cut, brah.

Name one town where that isn't so.

Let's not be mistaken. No matter how sweet the pot is, Disney will lose millions, if not billions in the long run. Putting moving costs aside, assuming that would all be subsidized in some way, attendance would be much lower in either North Carolina or Georgia. Wasn't it Georgia that the leftists were boycotting due to their political policies? My, how things change.

This is something I don’t understand. How is it that anyone who isn’t on the fringe Right is somehow a leftist? I keep saying I am a Right of Center Moderate.

Disney stands to lose if they stay, or go. That is certain. When remaining in Florida becomes more expensive and intolerable they will leave. That is what happens to any business. By moving they decide that they can recover the lost money in time. Perhaps twenty years. Perhaps more. But remaining means they never can recover the lost revenue.

Explain how we got here. Explain how we went from Republicans being pro business to Republicans trying to destroy business. Explain how we went from Reagan to what? Andropov?

Republicans will win the hard core Republican votes. That’s easy. The hard part is winning the Moderates. You can’t offend them and still win. See 2020, and 2022 as proof.

So playing to the base gets you voted you will already have. But it loses you the moderate votes you must have.

Right now, the way things are going, the easiest way to make sure Biden wins re-election is to cheer on DeSantis and even support his eventual campaign.

Let’s say you have a business. Your business is successful. Your customer base is white families. To expand your business you have to get some other folks into your establishment don’t you?

Doesn’t the Republican Party do that? They highlight and embrace the odd minority who stumbles in. Even if it is a guy who just got lost and wondered into the wrong area. You scream that this fellow has woken up from the lies of the Democrats.

The Commercials aren’t to get someone who is already a customer. It is to get people who aren’t buying their product to go and buy.

It is the same thing with Coke and Pepsi. We have all drunk enough Coke and Pepsi to piss it for a week. But every day millions of dollars are spent to try and get more people to buy it. People who might buy the competition.

Disney trying to get more customers or guests if you prefer that are outside of the usual demographic is just the same damned thing everyone does.

So lighten up Francis.
Don’t be ridiculous. You’re saying these businesses already have captured the 70% of the population who is white? There’s not more potential business among the majority population?

Quite a bit of pretzel-twisting there to explain why a major corporation is ignoring its largest potential customer base.

Don’t be ridiculous. You’re saying these businesses already have captured the 70% of the population who is white? There’s not more potential business among the majority population?

Quite a bit of pretzel-twisting there to explain why a major corporation is ignoring its largest potential customer base.

Not ignoring. Adding to it.

Why do Republicans make a big deal over how many minority voters they get? It is because they don’t do well with that demographic traditionally.

But what I’m hearing is that Disney should be for Whites. Is that what you are saying? Disney can’t be for everyone?

This is something I don’t understand. How is it that anyone who isn’t on the fringe Right is somehow a leftist? I keep saying I am a Right of Center Moderate.

Disney stands to lose if they stay, or go. That is certain. When remaining in Florida becomes more expensive and intolerable they will leave. That is what happens to any business. By moving they decide that they can recover the lost money in time. Perhaps twenty years. Perhaps more. But remaining means they never can recover the lost revenue.

Explain how we got here. Explain how we went from Republicans being pro business to Republicans trying to destroy business. Explain how we went from Reagan to what? Andropov?

Republicans will win the hard core Republican votes. That’s easy. The hard part is winning the Moderates. You can’t offend them and still win. See 2020, and 2022 as proof.

So playing to the base gets you voted you will already have. But it loses you the moderate votes you must have.

Right now, the way things are going, the easiest way to make sure Biden wins re-election is to cheer on DeSantis and even support his eventual campaign.
Same way that Biden and you guys call everyone MAGA's. Ever notice how they never actually define what a MAGA actually is? That's because they apply the term loosely to everyone on the right.

Not ignoring. Adding to it.

Why do Republicans make a big deal over how many minority voters they get? It is because they don’t do well with that demographic traditionally.

But what I’m hearing is that Disney should be for Whites. Is that what you are saying? Disney can’t be for everyone?
Where did I say that? I noted that Disney is intentionally EXCLUDING whites from its advertising. And it’s a trend throughout the country.

The massive out-of-proportion represenatiation given to slim minorities while essentially ignoring the majority population is just a bunch of forced, woke bullshit.

Same way that Biden and you guys call everyone MAGA's. Ever notice how they never actually define what a MAGA actually is? That's because they apply the term loosely to everyone on the right.
Yup. I find that anyone who doesn’t agree with the far-left policies, 100% of the time, is a MAGA to them.

Disney entered the political circus before DeSantis. Mickey World should thank the governor every day for it's preferred status that is almost like another country with it's own laws and enforcement within Florida. If Disney wants to stay in business it has to follow the law like every other business in Florida.

Other entities have preferred status in Florida. I think the number is 18.

So why are you cheering to be ruled by them? That seems pretty stupid. Disney can’t hire enough lawyers to make laws. That’s what they are trying to do but they simply don’t have that power. File lawsuits and cry in the press but until they run and win seats in government they don’t get to make their own laws.

Don’t think we forgot your first round of arguments when this all started. Remember it was the state taking over that was going to cost them millions and Disney would be more than happy to hand that all over. Guess not.

Disney executives are smarter than all the politicians in Florida.

Forum List

Back