Chris Christie and the VOTEMASTER!

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
There is a guy, a Libertarian, who runs a website called electoral-vote.com.

It is not a political forum, but rather, his own blog, much like The HEDGEHOG REPORT.

What I like about the guy is that he can analyze things and get a point across with relatively few words.

Here is his small essay on what he thinks is happening:

ElectoralVote

Excerpt: (I think the red bolded part is most relevant right now for discussion on this thread)

Christie is potentially involved in not one, but two scandals. First, there is the matter of who really ordered the closing of two access lanes to the George Washington Bridge last September (and why) and whether Christie knew about it while it was happening. Second, the mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer, has alleged that Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno (R-NJ) told her that unless she approved a billion-dollar real estate project proposed by Christie's cronies Hoboken wouldn't get any Hurricane Sandy relief money. If Christie was deeply involved in either of these scandals, he's basically toast for 2016 and might even be impeached since the Democrats control 48 of the 80 seats in the New Jersey General Assembly (but only 24 of the 40 seats in the state senate, so a conviction would require Republican votes).

Two investigations are currently underway. The U.S. attorney's office is looking into the question of whether any federal laws have been broken. Hopefully this will be an honest, nonpartisan investigation. The second investigation is far more dangerous, however. It is being run by state assemblyman John Wisnieuwski, who is a partisan Democrat and who fully understands the stakes here. For him, the goal is not determining if Christie broke the law, but rather damaging him beyond repair. He has already subpoenaed 18 people (with responses required today) and will hold public hearings during the next few months. Every time a new witness is questioned, it makes the news and thus keeps this story alive.

About "Bridgegate," Wisnieuwski is undoubtedly going to go after the story about whether the lane closures were really part of a traffic study, as Christie claims. One way is to ask traffic engineers about how studies are conducted. How are they planned, how many traffic engineers are involved, what kind of measuring equipment is installed, what data are collected, how far in advance are the mayors on both sides of the bridge told about the study, etc.? If none of these things were done for the George Washington Bridge closures, the traffic study story will collapse.

Another thing he will surely ask about is Christie's managerial style. He is known to be a micromanager who is on top of every tiny detail of everything going on in New Jersey. Wisnieuwski can probably find many people to attest to this. Then he is going to ask Bridget Anne Kelly, who gave the order to close the lanes, how a junior staffer would dare do something that visible and potentially devastating without even telling her no-detail-is-too-small-for-me boss. She will probably plead the fifth amendment.

And plead the fifth she did:

Fmr. Christie aide pleads the fifth - CNN.com Video

And not only one aide has pleaded the 5th:

Two Christie Aides Plead the Fifth - The Wire

Pleading the 5th does NOt necessarily infer guilt, but it does make people think that you have something to hide.

It is not a political forum, but rather, his own blog, much like The HEDGEHOG REPORT.

What I like about the guy is that he can analyze things and get a point across with relatively few words.

ElectoralVote

Excerpt: (I think the red bolded part is most relevant right now for discussion on this thread)

Christie is potentially involved in not one, but two scandals. First, there is the matter of who really ordered the closing of two access lanes to the George Washington Bridge last September (and why) and whether Christie knew about it while it was happening. Second, the mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer, has alleged that Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno (R-NJ) told her that unless she approved a billion-dollar real estate project proposed by Christie's cronies Hoboken wouldn't get any Hurricane Sandy relief money. If Christie was deeply involved in either of these scandals, he's basically toast for 2016 and might even be impeached since the Democrats control 48 of the 80 seats in the New Jersey General Assembly (but only 24 of the 40 seats in the state senate, so a conviction would require Republican votes).

Two investigations are currently underway. The U.S. attorney's office is looking into the question of whether any federal laws have been broken. Hopefully this will be an honest, nonpartisan investigation. The second investigation is far more dangerous, however. It is being run by state assemblyman John Wisnieuwski, who is a partisan Democrat and who fully understands the stakes here. For him, the goal is not determining if Christie broke the law, but rather damaging him beyond repair. He has already subpoenaed 18 people (with responses required today) and will hold public hearings during the next few months. Every time a new witness is questioned, it makes the news and thus keeps this story alive.

About "Bridgegate," Wisnieuwski is undoubtedly going to go after the story about whether the lane closures were really part of a traffic study, as Christie claims. One way is to ask traffic engineers about how studies are conducted. How are they planned, how many traffic engineers are involved, what kind of measuring equipment is installed, what data are collected, how far in advance are the mayors on both sides of the bridge told about the study, etc.? If none of these things were done for the George Washington Bridge closures, the traffic study story will collapse.

Another thing he will surely ask about is Christie's managerial style. He is known to be a micromanager who is on top of every tiny detail of everything going on in New Jersey. Wisnieuwski can probably find many people to attest to this. Then he is going to ask Bridget Anne Kelly, who gave the order to close the lanes, how a junior staffer would dare do something that visible and potentially devastating without even telling her no-detail-is-too-small-for-me boss. She will probably plead the fifth amendment.

Pleading the 5th does NOt necessarily infer guilt, but it does make people think that you have something to hide.

I have used the site for the past 3 elections, however he is not a libertarian, if you read the FAQ he was a delegate for "World Democrats Abroad," hardly a liberatrian position.
a
He is a liberal, but considering he deals in numbers, his bias is irrelevant.

Somebody has decided to destroy Christie's career.

Do NOT be surprised to discover that the decision is a bipartisan one.

As to his guilt or innocence?

We're long past the days when such minor issues as culpability matter.

ElectoralVote

I have used the site for the past 3 elections, however he is not a libertarian, if you read the FAQ he was a delegate for "World Democrats Abroad," hardly a liberatrian position.
a

liberal?

this is what you fools do when your guys get caught doing what your party does CHEATING.

he is all yours and the ones you have left are no better and no one but nutballs will vote for any of your candidates.

that is what happens when a party lives in a lie filled made up world

ElectoralVote

a

liberal?

this is what you fools do when your guys get caught doing what your party does CHEATING.

he is all yours and the ones you have left are no better and no one but nutballs will vote for any of your candidates.

that is what happens when a party lives in a lie filled made up world

Do you even know what you are posting about, you drooling idiot?

your party is evil

they cheat in elections and spew nonstop obvious lies

You being one of those idiots will recognize NO FACT you don't like.

youre just that morally bankrupt

your party is evil

they cheat in elections and spew nonstop obvious lies

You being one of those idiots will recognize NO FACT you don't like.

youre just that morally bankrupt

again, we are discussing the political alignment of the guy who runs electoral-vote.com, not what you are blathering about.

Go, away, adults are talking.

Nope. I have corresponded with him personally on more than one occasion. He is a Libertarian, much like David Leip at uselectionatlas.
And yes, he deals in numbers just as I do.

From his previous posts he has appeared to skew left, not libertarian.

Nope. I have corresponded with him personally on more than one occasion. He is a Libertarian, much like David Leip at uselectionatlas.
And yes, he deals in numbers just as I do.

From his previous posts he has appeared to skew left, not libertarian.

Actually, no. He has very often torn into Democrats just as much as Republicans. Anthony Weiner comes to mind.

ElectoralVote

Stat, I disagree with the premise that there has to be an investigation on whether there was supposed to be a study on the traffic flow on the bridge. Plainly and agreed by both sides, Christie included, there was not. So the question is whether the aide decided this on her own or Christie was in on that decision.

The fact that this aide claimed the fifth means nothing. It could indicate she guilty of doing this on her own, or helping Christie and feeling badly about it. Wildstein, incidently, was not a close friend of Christie's.

There was no indication that Christie micromanaged everything. But I understand there was a picture of Christie on the bridge that day? If there was, and I don't know that, that is trouble.

The mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer has as much or less credence than Chris Christie and I wouldn't worry about that problem until she can pass a lie detector test, lol.

We'll just have to wait until all the facts play out. I am disturbed about Christie and would like to know the truth myself.

ElectoralVote

Stat, I disagree with the premise that there has to be an investigation on whether there was supposed to be a study on the traffic flow on the bridge. Plainly and agreed by both sides, Christie included, there was not. So the question is whether the aide decided this on her own or Christie was in on that decision.

The fact that this aide claimed the fifth means nothing. It could indicate she guilty of doing this on her own, or helping Christie and feeling badly about it. Wildstein, incidently, was not a close friend of Christie's.

There was no indication that Christie micromanaged everything. But I understand there was a picture of Christie on the bridge that day? If there was, and I don't know that, that is trouble.

The mayor of Hoboken, Dawn Zimmer has as much or less credence than Chris Christie and I wouldn't worry about that problem until she can pass a lie detector test, lol.

We'll just have to wait until all the facts play out. I am disturbed about Christie and would like to know the truth myself.

Thanks for stopping by:

I was the first to write that pleading the 5th does not mean guilt. In fact, it's right in the OP.

There will likely be more than one investigation, including of the study itself. Scandals tend to develop their own legs. See: Watergate.

The micro-management thing is based on all of Christie's career, not just this moment. Anyone who knows him says this of him. It is his style, even says it himself, so that is no surprise.

Oh, I agree, let the facts play out. But the editorial I linked to does contain some thought-provoking stuff.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back