Chris Christie drops out of GOP primary

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nothing confirmed yet (Update: now confirmed), but there are multiple reports on social media that's it's coming shortly. I suspected this would be the case. Christie has no realistic chance of getting the nomination and staying in the race is only splitting up the anti-Trump vote. Trump is polling under 40% now in the New Hampshire primary. It's probable most of Christie's support will go to Haley and that could put her over the top in that state. I imagine Christie has ultimately been convinced by the donors and the party apparatus that it's best for him to bow out for the sake of saving the party from another Trump disaster.

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question here, but what the devil does Christie dropping out have to do with Trump?

Christie has had his fun attacking Trump

If he really wants to get Trump….It is time for him to pull out and throw his support to Nikki Haley

Exactly. If he stays in the race and attacks Trump during the primaries, it will only further divide the Republicans. But, if Christie throws his support in with Haley, maybe they can start to unify the GOP again and put Trump in their rear view mirror.

This might be a stupid question here, but what the devil does Christie dropping out have to do with Trump?

If Christie were to throw his support (and voters) in with Haley, it could make her the front runner and maybe Trump wouldn't get the nomination. I know there are a lot of Republicans out there hoping for anyone but Trump for their nominee.

If Christie were to throw his support (and voters) in with Haley, it could make her the front runner and maybe Trump wouldn't get the nomination. I know there are a lot of Republicans out there hoping for anyone but Trump for their nominee.

So in other words just some more TDS bullshit like I thought. Man, it's going to be an extremely bad year for the left.

So in other words just some more TDS bullshit like I thought. Man, it's going to be an extremely bad year for the left.

Well, considering that she's in second place and only 7 points behind Trump in the NH polls, and their election is only 2 weeks away, if Christie threw his support in behind Haley, she could very possibly become the front runner.

Forum List

Back