China vows to fight to death

If Tawain is taken by China, you can say goodbye to the technologies of computer chips being allowed to leave that area. You will be stuck with old computer technologies, up and until the Progressives in America are shot and killed, then computer chips can be allowed to be made in America once again..

Or the rich guys who own those factories will sit down with their new Communist Governor, and open for business the next day.

Here's the overall problem that we Americans refuse to see about China.

China is VERY touchy about issues of national sovereignty, after centuries of foreign incursions and internal factionalism.

To Americans, we look at Taiwan, Tibet, Hong Kong or the Uyghurs and see issues of "Freedom", even though none of these people are really very good examples of western style democracy. Taiwan didn't allow free elections until 1996. Hong Kong was a colonial possession until it was turned back over to China in 1997. The Uyghurs are Islamic fundamentalists who have more in common with Al Qaeda than America, and Tibet under the Dalai Lama was a Theocracy that most of the peasants were oppressed.

To the Chinese, they look at these disputes as the west encouraging factionalism in their lands.

The real question I have is:

How brainwashed are Chinese military? We have seen how easily our own people can be brainwashed. Are they the same?

What are they fighting for--and against?

These things matter.

I hope we don't have to find out. I really do.

Actually, if you understood Chinese History, they know EXACTLY what they are fighting for, the unification and sovereignty of China.

The dispute between Beijing and Taipei is at the end of the day a dispute between Chinese.

Agree to a point, except now we have Biden in office. We had Trump, which was the time to bring our manufacturing back and etc. Now China owns us in so many ways....

Hey, Islamophobic Twat (or maybe I should call you Xenophobic Twat) are you fucking stupid.

I work in manufacturing. I can tell you EXACTLY what happened when Trump put all these unnecessary tariffs in place against China.

The multi-national corporations either moved their factories to places like India, Vietnam, Malaysia, which were already attractive because the cost of labor is cheaper.

OR

They set up dummy corporations in Latin American to ship Chinese goods to, and they were repackaged.

In fact, our trade deficit with China INCREASED on Trump's watch.

1659608224862.png

Speaking for myself, once the statement was made that Pelosi was going to Taiwan, she had to go. We have to live up to our word, and we can’t back down. We just can’t. She may be there right now, it’s hard to say.

Now, China has said they will fight, and war will be the result if Pelosi goes. They can’t back down.

So why can’t we back down? Taiwan is free. A free people with a democratic society. Leaders elected by the people, they acknowledge human rights and have a good capitalist society. They are the descendants of those who rejected Communist Society in the 1950’s.

A couple of things.
FIrst, Taiwan is hardly a beacon of freedom. Chiang Kai-shek was a fascist, and the only reason why he didn't join the Axis during World War II is because Hitler thought he was kind of useless and valued Japan's friendship more. They only allowed "Free" elections in 1996.

Second, while Pelosi's visit was ill-advised, the Chinese were just blustering and everyone knew it.

As I state in Post 101, for China, this is an issue of national pride. Taiwan is a rebel province that is being propped up by the west in bad faith. We'd feel the same way if Trump and DeSantis set up their own government in Florida and other countries supported it.

We can’t back down because if we do, the entire Asian region is now China’s. Japan, Korea, Philippines. All the way down the list, every nation, every grouping of islands is China’s. If we won’t stand up for what we say, our words are meaningless. If we won’t risk all for our word, nobody will believe we will for them. China wins without firing a shot.

Except not really.

First, China has a completely valid claim to Taiwan. Taiwan calls itself "The REPUBLIC OF CHINA". not the Republic of Taiwan. They do not have a claim to Japan or the Philippines, nor do they really want them. As for Korea, we are already depending on China to keep Kim Jong Um in check.

Secondly, China's military prowess isn't all that. The Chinese military hasn't been in the field since 1979, and it was a very poor showing (they invaded Vietnam in retaliation for Vietnam invading Cambodia, and got bogged down a few miles in before retreating.)

Third, most of the region has already gotten pretty deep into bed with China economically. Even Taiwan, who have 45% of their exports going to the mainland. The Chinese don't have to invade Taiwan, all they have to do is cut them off from Trade.

And if you think China is hard to contain now, imagine it with massively more territory and power.

We have to go to Taiwan. We have to support them. We have to be willing to fight for them, or nobody will ever trust us again. Even those of you who hate Biden, know that is the case.

Nope. Taiwan isn't worth one American life. The US getting into the middle of this fight is foolish.

Five Ways China Is Hitting Taiwan Back After Pelosi Visit​

Taiwan has anti-ship missiles that might make an invasion costly. Plus China hasn’t fought any wars recently. It’s easy to overestimate your powe and abilities without experiencing real warfare. The Russian invasion of Ukraine is a prime example.

China extends threatening military exercises around Taiwan​

China Seizes on Pelosi Visit to Set ‘New Normal’ for Taiwan - 3h ago

President Joe Biden said Monday he was not worried about Taiwan but was concerned about China's actions in the region since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's visit to Taipei.

https://www.newsmax.com/

Last edited:
If China tries to take over Taiwan, they get nothing. The world loses a precious resource.

I'm telling you right now, them people are not going to bend to the will of the CCP. They are also the last bastion of free Chinese society.

The CCP tries to own them? The CCP ends up with a flaming bag of dogshit.

That's how that is going to go down.

If China tries to take over Taiwan, they get nothing. The world loses a precious resource.

I'm telling you right now, them people are not going to bend to the will of the CCP. They are also the last bastion of free Chinese society.

The CCP tries to own them? The CCP ends up with a flaming bag of dogshit.

That's how that is going to go down.

Works on the assumption the Taiwanese are going to practice scorched earth.

The CCP takes over, the rich Taiwanese who own the factories open up the next day and go right back to business.

Forum List

Back