China military show of force near Taiwan has experts asking if island could be the 'next Hong Kong'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I repeat my mantra that we are living in a time of the weakest leadership in Western history. European weakness and unreliability as an ally to HK, Taiwan and others is going to be tested. China realized after they took HK without any consequences (anyone remember Poland?), that now is the time to take what it can. They have so many in the West in their back pocket that it's clear what they can get away with.

Who, other than America, has had the courage to stand up for liberty?! Too many are treasonous in their cowardice as far as I am concerned. Remember what I said would happen to Taiwan, and maybe even Japan eventually. Western leaders of today are feckless. It's insulting to watch how docile they are in the face of an obvious global threat.

Mark my words, if they attack Taiwan, just as they did with the Wuhan Virus, the world will hear silence from our "leaders". America cannot become like the rest of the world, either domestically, or, in your desire to maintain peace.

China military show of force near Taiwan has experts asking if island could be the 'next Hong Kong'

A stream of Chinese fighter jets sliced through Taiwan’s southwest airspace on Wednesday, according to the island’s defense ministry. It was the latest in a string of perceived threats by Beijing in recent weeks.

It comes as Taiwan and the United States appear to draw closer diplomatically – much to Beijing’s ire – and Taipei calls for even more international support amid deepening concerns it could at any moment become the “next Hong Kong.”

In June, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) imposed a sweeping security law in the name of quashing dissent in Hong Kong – prompting activists and opposition politicians to flee or face arrest in a fast-moving erosion of freedoms that the financial enclave was supposed to uphold until at least 2047.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are widely viewed by Chinese nationalists as the two remaining strongholds of opposition to President Xi Jinping's rule, with the former having quickly fallen. As it stands, China does not allow its neighbor to obtain recognition on the international stage.

"Beijing cannot win the hearts and minds of the Taiwanese, the CCP has therefore chosen a punitive strategy – increased military coercion, efforts to isolate Taiwan internationally, and various attempts to undermine the effectiveness of Taiwan's democratic institutions, support for those institutions, and to erode state cohesion," Michael Cole, Taipei-based senior fellow with the Global Taiwan Institute in Washington, D.C., and the Macdonald-Laurier Institute in Ottawa, Canada, told Fox News. "Taiwan's very existence as a free, democratic society is a living condemnation of the CCP. Hong Kong was a stark reminder of that reality, and the Taiwanese were well aware of this."

I repeat my mantra that we are living in a time of the weakest leadership in Western history. European weakness and unreliability as an ally to HK, Taiwan and others is going to be tested. China realized after they took HK without any consequences (anyone remember Poland?), that now is the time to take what it can. They have so many in the West in their back pocket that it's clear what they can get away with.

Who, other than America, has had the courage to stand up for liberty?! Too many are treasonous in their cowardice as far as I am concerned. Remember what I said would happen to Taiwan, and maybe even Japan eventually. Western leaders of today are feckless. It's insulting to watch how docile they are in the face of an obvious global threat.

Mark my words, if they attack Taiwan, just as they did with the Wuhan Virus, the world will hear silence from our "leaders". America cannot become like the rest of the world, either domestically, or, in your desire to maintain peace.

A stream of Chinese fighter jets sliced through Taiwan’s southwest airspace on Wednesday, according to the island’s defense ministry. It was the latest in a string of perceived threats by Beijing in recent weeks.

It comes as Taiwan and the United States appear to draw closer diplomatically – much to Beijing’s ire – and Taipei calls for even more international support amid deepening concerns it could at any moment become the “next Hong Kong.”

In June, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) imposed a sweeping security law in the name of quashing dissent in Hong Kong – prompting activists and opposition politicians to flee or face arrest in a fast-moving erosion of freedoms that the financial enclave was supposed to uphold until at least 2047.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are widely viewed by Chinese nationalists as the two remaining strongholds of opposition to President Xi Jinping's rule, with the former having quickly fallen. As it stands, China does not allow its neighbor to obtain recognition on the international stage.

"Beijing cannot win the hearts and minds of the Taiwanese, the CCP has therefore chosen a punitive strategy – increased military coercion, efforts to isolate Taiwan internationally, and various attempts to undermine the effectiveness of Taiwan's democratic institutions, support for those institutions, and to erode state cohesion," Michael Cole, Taipei-based senior fellow with the Global Taiwan Institute in Washington, D.C., and the Macdonald-Laurier Institute in Ottawa, Canada, told Fox News. "Taiwan's very existence as a free, democratic society is a living condemnation of the CCP. Hong Kong was a stark reminder of that reality, and the Taiwanese were well aware of this."
The United States can win a naval war against china

the unknown question is do we have the political will to protect Taiwan?

I hope we do

but china may calculate that we wont oppose an invasion just as they did in 1950 with korea

I hope we do

but china may calculate that we wont oppose an invasion just as they did in 1950 with korea

All of the actions beforehand with gross, shocking silence. To me illustrates a much bigger game plan short term and definitely long term.

They've constantly pressed their boundaries, be it the South China Sea, the denial of Taiwan into the W.H.O after they released the Wuhan Virus, to the reclaiming of HK, breaking their Treaty.

ALL of it, done essentially without a peep. History repeats itself with Western leadership. Now more than ever, we have governments and politicians emulating the enemy, something that didn't happen in the past.

I hope we do

All of the actions beforehand with gross, shocking silence. To me illustrates a much bigger game plan short term and definitely long term.

They've constantly pressed their boundaries, be it the South China Sea, the denial of Taiwan into the W.H.O after they released the Wuhan Virus, to the reclaiming of HK, breaking their Treaty.

ALL of it, done essentially without a peep. History repeats itself with Western leadership. Now more than ever, we have governments and politicians emulating the enemy, something that didn't happen in the past.
Western civilization is infested with Quislings

every western nation has men in high places who are on the take and for sale to china

they are in business, politics, academia, and even sports

Hey, get rid of that racist you got for an avatar.

Get with the BLM program and turn America Communist! Confiscate all property of the whites and make whites the slaves of the black supremists.

WHO Beijing Breed censored.jpg

The Beijing WHO breed​

Now, getting to your original idea. Sure, we all know what China wants. Good time to do it, America is in turmoil with its own civil war. The filthy dems are hell-bent on destroying America. The USA is in bad trouble with the corrosive virus. No better time for the Chinese, unless Yellowstone erupts or CA falls into the ocean.

Last edited:
I think if Biden wins then the Chinese will attack and invade Taiwan cuz they know he's a pussy and they have deals with his son. But if Trump wins, then nada, he might not start a war with them but there will be consequences. Same with Putin, you don't fuck with Trump.

The World ignored Nazi Germany building up it's military before WWII.
Just like the World is ignoring China doing the same now.
History doesn't always exactly repeat itself, but it often rhymes.

I hope we do

They better be teaching their troops to swim.

Trump should declare the U.S. recognition of Taiwanese government as the official government of China and ignore Beijing forever. That will trigger the ChiComs so much, they will declare war on the U.S. and we can finally get regime change in China (the only regime change worth doing).

Fuck China

I think if Biden wins then the Chinese will attack and invade Taiwan cuz they know he's a pussy and they have deals with his son. But if Trump wins, then nada, he might not start a war with them but there will be consequences. Same with Putin, you don't fuck with Trump.

How do you amatuers think China can invade anything over water?

Please clarify as I want to be sure I understand your position.

Are you suggesting with Chinas naval support that they couldn't successfully invade and capture Taiwan?

If so, please explain why you believe that isn't possible. If not, I'm confused as you are usually fairly insightful and clear.

How do you amatuers think China can invade anything over water?

Please clarify as I want to be sure I understand your position.

Are you suggesting with Chinas naval support that they couldn't successfully invade and capture Taiwan?

If so, please explain why you believe that isn't possible. If not, I'm confused as you are usually fairly insightful and clear.

They have zero amphibious capability. That was Germany's problem invading Great Britain in WWII, a fact often overlooked.

Repercussions will still happen. South Korea, Japan and the U.S. are formidable. If nothing is done with China annexing Taiwan, then Japan will most definitely upgrade their defense force into a military force with nuclear weapons. China may not want that.

Repercussions will still happen. South Korea, Japan and the U.S. are formidable. If nothing is done with China annexing Taiwan, then Japan will most definitely upgrade their defense force into a military force with nuclear weapons. China may not want that.

The problem is, what precedence has the West shown to follow through on this? Iran is still hugged by the world outside the U.S and it's closest allies. China released the Wuhan Virus, decimating the global economy, costing 100's of thousands of lives, and everyone acts as if it's one big misunderstanding. Nary a peep of outrage outside of a few brave nations.

What about Taiwan wanting to be in the W.H.O and China blocking it? Or altering the H.K agreement? Concentration camps, theft of businesses on their soil.

Silence from "leaders" everywhere.

We are at the cross roads of civilization, no different than in 1942, it's just coming in a far more deliberate and calculating manner. Some believe "hey, no shots fired, everything is all systems go".

How horribly wrong the West is. How much of our soul must be sold to make a few bucks?

Forum List

Back