China Is Sweeping The Oscars

It includes the word derangement, who is more deranged, the majority of people who abhor trump because of what he's done to our nation or the weirdos who follow him as a cult. It's a no-brainer if you still have a brain.

:itsok:

Attempt to save face - FAIIL...

....enough about YOU - back to the thread topic...

Viewership increased 12 % this year. 18.7 million watched the Academy Awards, that's still low. In it's hay day more than 2010 through 2014 they averaged around 40 million viewers. At least it's going back up.
That's not what I've seen.
They said that the ratings were horrible.
They said it improved to 3rd worst ever.

The ratings for the Oscars is dismal to say the least.....but :th_spinspin:

"the Oscars would be in serious trouble if last night’s telecast failed to attract 20 million viewers, especially with two of the biggest hits of the year up for Best Picture — Avatar: Way of the Water and Top Gun: Maverick.{"

Last edited:
This was what was reported before the NY Slimes claimed that ratings were up.

Jimmy Kimmel once again proved to be ratings poison, with Sunday night’s Oscar telecast drawing a pathetic 16 million (give or take) viewers.

These early numbers could increase when the final numbers hit Tuesday.

Regardless, Roger Friedman is embarrassing himself with his “Oscars are Back!” headline. How could the Oscars be back when last year 16.6 million tuned in, and that was a catastrophe—when that was the second-lowest viewership in Oscar telecast history?

Here’s a look at the last decade:

• 2013: 40.3 million
  • 2014: 43.7 million
  • 2015: 37.3 million
  • 2016: 34.4 million
  • 2017: 32.9 million
  • 2018: 26.5 million
  • 2019: 29.6 million
  • 2020: 23.6 million
  • 2021: 10.4 million (virus year)
  • 2022: 16.6 million
  • 2023: 16 million

How could the Oscars be back when it was deemed a humiliation when only 23.6 million tuned in back in 2020? Until the Woke Nazis infested Hollywood, the Oscars hit between 30 and 40 million viewers without breaking a sweat. Are we really going to grade on a woke curve where 16 million viewers means the Oscars are Back!.

Why do you say china cleaned up?

The film is American, so is Jamie Lee Curtis and one co-director, and Michelle Yeoh is from Malaysia
The film is a Kung Fu sci-fi comedy.
You figure it out.

Okay....for the slower people here at USMB

Only reason it was recognized is because Hollywood wants China/Asians to be seen in a good light.

The film is a Kung Fu sci-fi comedy.
You figure it out.

Okay....for the slower people here at USMB

Only reason it was recognized is because Hollywood wants China/Asians to be seen in a good light.
I’m thrilled that Hollywood is in love with Asians

Thats so much more diverse than only promoting black people

But Asia is not only communist china

I’m thrilled that Hollywood is in love with Asians

Thats so much more diverse than only promoting black people

But Asia is not only communist china
But it does no good to ignore the fact that Hollywood has this tendency to hate America.
If it pisses off patriotic Americans then that's what they want to shove down their throats.
This is why they support homosexuality and every other cause they choose to support.
I expect next year to be the year of abortion activism.
As we speak they're busy writing scripts about a 10 year old girl that was raped by a Republican and she had to leave the state to get an abortion. Or maybe a story about an 8 year old that wants to be a girl and her parents won't let him get a sex-change.

But it does no good to ignore the fact that Hollywood has this tendency to hate America.
If it pisses off patriotic Americans then that's what they want to shove down their throats.
This is why they support homosexuality and every other cause they choose to support.
I expect next year to be the year of abortion activism.
As we speak they're busy writing scripts about a 10 year old girl that was raped by a Republican and she had to leave the state to get an abortion.
In fact I had no clue that the Academy Awards even occurred till I saw your post

And my guess a lot of others didnt notice either

In fact I had no clue that the Academy Awards even occurred till I saw your post

And my guess a lot of others didnt notice either
I didn't know the Oscars was this weekend.....but the Golden Globes was a few weeks ago and that leads into the Oscars.

What seems to be the big thing this year is Homosexuality and Asians. The story is based around gay subject matter. The Best Actress award went to a Lesbian.

It's not a problem, it's an opportunity to take us out of the dark ages. Do you get out much ? I live in a small town ( under 10,000. Every time I go out I see more and more young people who I have to try to figure out their gender. Society is changing and hopefully for the better. When sexism and racism die out we can really move ahead as a truly civilized people.
Gender is a bullshit term libs invented to confuse people and promote perversion

I never heard of any of these movies but they were still nominated.
If have not heard of them you problems
A reason that most folks don't watch this awards show anymore.
The 95th annual Academy Awards averaged 18.7 million viewers, per Nielsen data, a 12% boost compared to last year, and the biggest audience for any awards show in three years.

If have not heard of them you problems

The 95th annual Academy Awards averaged 18.7 million viewers, per Nielsen data, a 12% boost compared to last year, and the biggest audience for any awards show in three years.

Lots of weird people watching it.

Hollywood makes movies that nobody sees but those are the ones that win the Oscars.
The winner this year, Everything Everywhere All at Once has a box office so far of 104 million, four times its budget and that does not include streaming revenues. There seems to be a lot of nobodies that did see it and probably a lot more will see it after winning the Oscar.

The winner this year, Everything Everywhere All at Once has a box office so far of 104 million, four times its budget and that does not include streaming revenues. There seems to be a lot of nobodies that did see it and probably a lot more will see it after winning the Oscar.
The type of person that liked this movie.

images

It's not a problem, it's an opportunity to take us out of the dark ages. Do you get out much ? I live in a small town ( under 10,000. Every time I go out I see more and more young people who I have to try to figure out their gender. Society is changing and hopefully for the better. When sexism and racism die out we can really move ahead as a truly civilized people.
How is not being able to figure out whether a person is a male or a female a good thing? A human of some sort came over to me at Sephora - tall and husky, with full make up and false eyelashes - to ask if I needed help, and I was clueless as to what it was. When I got to the counter and was asked if anyone helped me, I just pointed and said “that person,” not knowing whether to say he or she.

I don’t see how weirdness of this type of a positive direction for our country. The truth is that 99.9% of us are either male or female.

'Drinker Recommends' Everything, Everywhere All at Once.

Probably means it's not woke shīte.

I'll give it a try.

If China is going to be the ones making the non-woke movies ... then Chinese movies are the ones I'll watch.
Very few of the so-called Chinese movies are made in the China.
Everything Everywhere All at Once was shot in and around San Fernando, CA, USA
It was made by A24, an independent American entertainment company founded by by Daniel Katz, David Fenkel and John Hodges, all Americans. It is directed by Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, both American. The main cast members are all Americans except for Michelle Yeoh who is Malaysian.
Isn't that the production put on by that religous cult?
No, Shen Yun is a general term for divine being, indicating several deities, such as Buddhas, and Taoist that are immortals in Chinese spiritual traditions. However, almost all dancers practice Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, a belief system that encompasses meditation, tai chi-type exercises, and "strict morality"

Shen Yun is based in New York, a non-profit company whose purpose is the revival of traditional Chinese culture that can only happen outside of China. That's because for the last 70 years, the ruling Communist Party has tried to systematically wipe out China's traditional culture and replace it with its own brand of culture.

The dancers come from just about everywhere but mainly from North America, Australia, Taiwan, and the Republic of China.

Shen Yun, its a great experience but it may not live up the ads. It is two hours of colorful traditional Chinese dance and music performed by 80 dancers and a live orchestra. The performance is not without political content which some people may not like. Tickets are not cheap usually $200 to $300 a ticket and often are sold out well in advance.

Forum List

Back