China Is Sweeping The Oscars

Let me remind you that this movie is not about China. It is about Chinese Americans in LA. If was filmed in America by an American company directed by Americans, scripted by Americans with a main cast of Americans with the exception of a Malaysian. This movie is not about china. It is about Americans with Chinese ancestry. You should be able to understand the difference
Forget the movie itself. It doesn't matter. The symbolism is pretty damned obvious.
I understand the difference....but Hollywood, and Democrats in general, thinks we're stupid.
Clearly all of those Oscars are an attempt to spread positive Asian propaganda intended to support China.

Forget the movie itself. It doesn't matter. The symbolism is pretty damned obvious.
I understand the difference....but Hollywood, and Democrats in general, thinks we're stupid.
Clearly all of those Oscars are an attempt to spread positive Asian propaganda intended to support China.
Forget the movie? That is what this thread is about. What symbolism in movie are you referring to. Let me remind you that only 5 of 25 awards when to Asians and almost all of those Asians were Asian Americans

Forget the movie? That is what this thread is about. What symbolism in movie are you referring to. Let me remind you that only 5 of 25 awards when to Asians and almost all of those Asians were Asian Americans
The movie was just an opportunity for Hollywood and the Oscars to prop up China's image.
It also didn't hurt that half the people in the damn thing were LGBT+
I figure next year they're nominate a shitload of cross-dressers for Oscars.

It's all about the money. Hollywood wants to sell product to Asians, Chinese are a huge market and is subsidizing a huge entertainment market in Red China itself, with some very high dollar studios opening up the last few years. They will pander to anybody if there is a buck to be made. The Cadre demands being sucked up to, and nobody sucks up to thieves and dictators more than Hollywood.

It's all about the money. Hollywood wants to sell product to Asians, Chinese are a huge market and is subsidizing a huge entertainment market in Red China itself, with some very high dollar studios opening up the last few years. They will pander to anybody if there is a buck to be made. The Cadre demands being sucked up to, and nobody sucks up to thieves and dictators more than Hollywood.
No...the Chinese market has dried up.
They're just trying to get the lemmings on board of the Chinese Choo-Choo train to fend off any more revelations about China intentionally releasing COVID.

What Asian propaganda?

They gave all of those awards to Asians as a form of pro-Chinese propaganda.
Watched the awards and saw the movie twice and I don't remember anything that could be regarded as Chinese propaganda. What specifically are you referring

Last edited:
Watched the awards and saw the movie twice and I don't remember anything that could be regarded as Chinese propaganda. What specifically are you referring
The Oscars was the propaganda.
Learn to think in 3 D.
Only thing I saw was the trailers....so I can't give a proper review on the movie itself.
But the propaganda was at the Oscars.
Not enough people saw the shit to buy into it.

They gave all of those awards to Asians as a form of pro-Chinese propaganda.
Only 5 awards out of 24 awards were given to those of Asian ethnicities who were almost all Americans.

Using your propaganda ruler, giving and award to a Black American would be African propaganda, Giving an an award to an American Jew would be Jewish propaganda, an award to a Christian minister would be Christian propaganda. :cuckoo:

Giving these awards does not meet the definition of propaganda- information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

Last edited:
The Oscars was the propaganda.
Learn to think in 3 D.
Only thing I saw was the trailers....so I can't give a proper review on the movie itself.
But the propaganda was at the Oscars.
Not enough people saw the shit to buy into it.
Calling a bird a snake does not make it so. If the Oscars (the actual awards) are propaganda then what political cause or specific point of view is being promote by awarding awarding Oscars.

Only 5 academy out of 24 awards were given to those of Asian ethnicities who were almost all Americans.

Using your propaganda ruler, giving and award to a Black American would be African propaganda, Giving an an award to an American Jew would be Jewish propaganda, an award to a Christian minister would be Christian propaganda. :cuckoo:

Giving these awards does not meet the definition of propaganda- information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
All they really talked repeatedly about was the five that Asians won.
They also talked about 'The Whale' Oscar given to a guy playing an obese homosexual.
The other award went to an actress who is such a tremendous suck-up to the left that she was pretty much along for the ride.
Jamie Lee Curtis.

I'm sure if you're stupid enough to watch the telecast you'll assume there wasn't any subliminal msg being sent, but the coverage for the next few days was all about Asians....which I'm not saying didn't deserve the awards. I wouldn't know. But critics say the movie sucked ass.

However, lately I've been seeing a crapload of pro-Chinese programming in the media. Right around the time that we're discovering that COVID came from Wuhan China.

They also talked about 'The Whale' Oscar given to a guy playing an obese homosexual.
The other award went to an actress who is such a tremendous suck-up to the left that she was pretty much along for the ride.
Jamie Lee Curtis.

I'm sure if you're stupid enough to watch the telecast you'll assume there wasn't any subliminal msg being sent, but the coverage for the next few days was all about Asians....which I'm not saying didn't deserve the awards. I wouldn't know. But critics say the movie sucked ass.

However, lately I've been seeing a crapload of pro-Chinese programming in the media. Right around the time that we're discovering that COVID came from Wuhan China.
And that programing is likely a lot of nonsense like most political and news media. American Chinese are individuals and have diverse views and opinions like other Americans. It is not fair to generalize. I know pollical pundits and many so called news programs love to generalize about ethnic, racial, national, and political groups as if all members of the group were identical. We hear it everyday, Black people just want good jobs, The Chinese think..., The Jews understand that,....... Democrats believe...... Conservatives think....

It's all a bunch crap.

Jamie Lee Curtis.

Only people that really need be concerned with how the virus escaped are the scientist, people that run the lab, and of course the conspiracy theorists. I just saw an article yesterday that said it really was the monkeys and not the lab that is responsible.

Frankly, I really don't care.

Asians are at best 7% of the American population, and Chinese are 24% of that, so 5 out of 24 is a significant number of awards, and is obviously purposely biased. Chinese are even over-represented among the Asian award winners.

I don't think the Academy pays much attention to demographics. Nearly 10,000 members who vote on Oscars do so for the same stupid reasons the public votes on pollical candidates.
This is a sampling that academy members gave for voting the way they did
A great performance
The movie made me cry
She can spot a bad scenes and knows exactly what to cut
Should have won last year
Deserves to win after 50 years of good acting
Director is cute
Need more black winners
As a director, his timing is perfect and he know just how to talk to actors
Need movies that break new ground
The other actors are stuck up
They say he's great in bed
She is way under paid
Etc....

Only people that really need be concerned with how the virus escaped are the scientist, people that run the lab, and of course the conspiracy theorists. I just saw an article yesterday that said it really was the monkeys and not the lab that is responsible.

Frankly, I really don't care.
You need to give a shit....because it's clear why they're hiding the source.
Because they don't want us to stop the next one that's coming later.
One of these days you'll wise up and realize that or government isn't concerned with the lives of Americans anymore.

Last edited:
I don't think the Academy pays much attention to demographics.

They lost significant revenues from Red China's market the last couple of years. They want it back. So yes, they do pay attention to demographics, very much so.

Are the Oscars even a thing anymore?

Forum List

Back