China is secretly imprisoning close to 1 million people [Uighur Muslims]

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
5b03e5161ae66236008b493f-1536-768.jpg

Is it that they are not going to tolerate the imposition of Sharia?

Hundreds of thousands, and potentially more than one million, people have been caught up in China's "re-education camps" over the last year.

The camps, which operate outside the courts, are designed to indoctrinate ethnic minority Uighurs and force them to reject their religious beliefs.

Bids for constructing or renovating these centers, as well as staff job ads, provide clear evidence of the purpose and scale of these re-education programs.

Uighurs face constant surveillance in Xinjiang, which experts consider a testing ground for the a wider surveillance state.

Much more @ China is secretly imprisoning close to 1 million people — but they've left 2 big pieces of evidence behind

Or is it because they are a totalitarian state that jails political, ethnic, civil rights and pro-democracy dissadents?

The Chinese government has been oppressing the Uighurs for decades.

They have even declared that Uighurs were not allowed to fast during Ramadan, and have spies watching people at work to see who is skipping meals. Those found to be fasting face arrest and jail time. ..... :cool:

The Chinese government has taken a page out of the old Soviet Russian playbook, and has started annexing Uighur land, and giving it to ethnic Chinese people to populate. As a way of breaking up and weakening Uighur culture and society. ... :cool:

The Chinese government has taken a page out of the old Soviet Russian playbook, and has started annexing Uighur land, and giving it to ethnic Chinese people to populate. As a way of breaking up and weakening Uighur culture and society. ... :cool:

Kinda like a page from the Koran. For even
more effective ethnic cleansing---they should
generate a PACT OF OMAR kind of thing

Funny thing...it sounds like the OP actually approves of the idea of imprisoning people who have done nothing wrong simply because of their religious or ethnic backgrounds.

Very totalitarian.

Funny thing...it sounds like the OP actually approves of the idea of imprisoning people who have done nothing wrong simply because of their religious or ethnic backgrounds.

Very totalitarian.
Millions of Americans approve of FDR doing it to american citizens. Even more approved of lincoln imprisoning dissenters. Even raping and murdering them. So why not?

Very totalitarian.
Millions of Americans approve of FDR doing it to american citizens. Even more approved of lincoln imprisoning dissenters. Even raping and murdering them. So why not?

Millions of Americans once once supported lots of things. How exactly does that make a bad thing right? Oh wait. It doesn't :cuckoo: Unless you are fishing for a way to make it supportable.

Very totalitarian.

the OP lied----there are no MILLON muslims jailed
in china. It seems to me that coyote endorses lies.
BTW---china IS kinda totalitarian. ----had been for
a few thousand years

Very totalitarian.

a few thousand years

Do you have the faintest idea of the size of China's population?

As of 2016, 1.379 BILLION!

So a mere million is a small portion.

Xinjiang has a population of over 21 million per Xinjiang - Wikipedia

That certainly does not mean it's right to lock up a million people for their beliefs. What is does say is that a totalitarian regime has established rules and is closely watching and controlling anyone who doesn't obey them. That is totally intolerable.

I wonder what so-called religion does the same?

Very totalitarian.

a few thousand years

That certainly does not mean it's right to lock up a million people for their beliefs. What is does say is that a totalitarian regime has established rules and is closely watching and controlling anyone who doesn't obey them. That is totally intolerable.

I give up-----to which religion do you refer? I do not believe that
china is imprisoning all muslims

Very totalitarian.

a few thousand years

Golly gee.

Which "religion" demands that you become one of them or face severe penalties up to and including DEATH?

I wonder.

Very totalitarian.

a few thousand years

Golly gee.

Which "religion" demands that you become one of them or face severe penalties up to and including DEATH?

I wonder.

well-----historically---several have. One fairly trivial one was whatever
the "GREEK LIKE" Assyrians were when they conquered Judea. That's
what the holiday Chanukah is all about (remember---'wicked king
antiochus'???) Historically both the pseudo-religions---Nazism and
Communism have. Today the big offender is islam-----but somehow they
are being painted up THE VICTIMS in China

Forum List

Back