China is laughing at us - Nikki Haley

I'll give you the Cliff Notes version since many don't have the attention span:

1. China is using the Left's rhetoric against us -- How can we be the moral compass of the world when our President states we are a systemically racist nation
  2. Leftists are telling people just because they are minorities they start with one arm tied behind their back. This is not only a lie but very dehumanizing. Nikki Haley is a minority btw.
  3. China is surpassing us in military strength, specifically the Navy.
  4. Biden's border policies are abhorrent.
  5. We had to pass a Bill to test illegals coming over the border for COVD-19.
I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

I will take Haley on. First, equity. She is mischaracterizing the movement. It is not about equity of outcome, nor is it about equity of opportunity. Neither is either possible or desirable. Her even discussing equity of opportunity reveals her lack of knowledge. Everyone is born with specific talents and traits, we are not all created equal. Some people are blessed with high intelligence. Some are born with strong healthy genes and natural immunity to many diseases. Some are born into wealth. Hell, even birth order has a significant impact on "equality of opportunity". Haley was born into relative wealth and was the oldest, the fact that she doesn't acknowledge or recognize those advantages speaks to her ignorance of the issue. The core concept of the equality movement is rewarding the successful, but also improving the lives of the disadvantaged. In the past our progressive tax system, higher corporate taxes, went a long way in delivering, not equality of outcome or opportunity, but making things "fair". Over the past four decades that system has been dismantled to the point that, today, there is very little "improving the lives of the less fortunate" going on. Our system should be created behind a "veil of ignorance", instead of what we have today, a system created by the elite, for the elite.

When Haley speaks of our daughter what she is really saying is that she knows her daughter is born with advantages, and instead of acknowledging that reality, and perhaps taking some of the rewards of those advantages to improve the lives of those less advantaged, she instead wants her daughter to be able to keep most of those rewards and build a "fortress" around her wealth while watching the calamity of the poor, their poverty, increase. That is about as unAmerican as it gets.

What wealth?

Her father was a professor, her mother a lawyer. She was far from "disadvantaged".

And? She was a middle class American? Is that evil these days?

Upper middle class, and no, that is not evil, or even a problem. The problem is Haley wants to play off her "minority" status, and she acts as if any minority has an "equal opportunity" like she did. She knows it is not true, I mean she sure as hell not going to move to Columbia and enroll her daughter in an inner city school, yet she wants to pretend those students at that inner city school have the same "opportunities" as she did. It is insulting. And to make matters worse, she actually believes she is entitled to all that she has gained from those advantages, like the family she was born in to or the intelligence she was born with.

And Shapiro is even worse. I mean that pompous ass really believes he actually deserves all the opportunities and success he has had. That he owes nothing back to a society that just happens to value the traits he possesses. What he fails to realize is that if he was born a 100,000 years ago, in a hunter gatherer society, if those "humans" believed as he believed, well his ass would have been left to starve to death.

I mean I hate to go all Skynard on you, but if you have never been down in the ghetto, never felt that cold wind blow, then you know nothing. People like Haley, Shapiro, should be rounded up, dropped down into some trailer park where the rent is due every Friday, with no money, and then left for a year. Bet they come out with a changed attitude.

Wrong. She said she doesn’t want her daughter labeled. Your last paragraph is at best disturbing. Those people if they are in that situation should try to improve it and not blame me or others for it.

I think you are missing the point. Haley actually believes that she deserves all the opportunities she has had. Kind of like that thing about building. She believes she achieved her success all on her own. And worse, she believes everyone has "equal opportunity". That is naive at best, total ignorance at worse. But then again, maybe she doesn't really believe it. She knows she was given certain advantages, like birth order, intelligence, and economic status. But she feels entitled to them and she works to protect them and pass them on.

And I reread my post. I never said that those living in poverty should blame anyone. What I did say is that those of us that were born with certain advantages should understand that we did nothing to earn those advantages, and that we owe back to the society that actually values those advantages.

My grandfather was about five foot nothing, but tougher than nails and meaner than a snake. He grew up a migrant farm worker with 16 brothers and sisters. He build a farm, and raised a family where all the children became quite successful. Standing in the receiving line at his funeral, beside my father. Hundreds of people, working class, mostly dirt poor. Dad turned to me and said, "You see all these people, they are the salt of the earth, don't you ever forget that". Haley, Shapiro, nobody ever told them that. By believing they deserve all that mere circumstance provided them, they in no small way believe they are better than those that were not so fortunate. And the core problem with this country, which Trump exemplifies, is that there are literally millions of those fortunate individuals that feel the same way. Skynard had it right, and sorry I could not post Ronnie singing the song, because he knew it better than anyone.

Why are you so long winded. You do not know what she believes and we all have certain advantages and disadvantages. What is your point? Address this question. Don’t deflect.

1. China is using the Left's rhetoric against us -- How can we be the moral compass of the world when our President states we are a systemically racist nation
  2. Leftists are telling people just because they are minorities they start with one arm tied behind their back. This is not only a lie but very dehumanizing. Nikki Haley is a minority btw.
I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Nikki Haley who can't decide whether or not to kiss Trump's ass from one day to the next is someone to be quoted? She wants to run for POTUS but won't if Trump does. How bigly of her.

And that is just it. If she had any principals. If she really did believe in "America First", then she would run against Trump. Instead, she is just another Republican coward that cares only about her own self-preservation and wouldn't care if the country went to hell in a hand basket as long as she had a position of power.

Why would you run against Trump if you’re America First when his message and policies were America First? He sent mean tweets though so persons like you were offended.

None of Trump's policies were America First. The tariffs, they cost you more than any savings from the taxcut. Breaking international agreements like the one with Iran did an immense amount of damage to the reputation of the United States. I mean why would any country negotiate an agreement with us when the next presidential election could result in the rescinding of that agreement. Trump's policies were Trump first, from refusing to divest himself from his business to passing a tax cut package that benefits himself and his family to the tune of billions. I mean don't get me wrong, I made out like a bandit with his pass through exemption, but that don't make it right.

Trump was the wealthiest president ever. Before him, it was Washington. And Washington had the most corrupt administration in the history of the country, until Trump. I mean that should be a lesson to the American public. Biden is a refreshing change, hell he is a pauper compared to many presidents. That bodes well for all of us, you wait and see.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

I will take Haley on. First, equity. She is mischaracterizing the movement. It is not about equity of outcome, nor is it about equity of opportunity. Neither is either possible or desirable. Her even discussing equity of opportunity reveals her lack of knowledge. Everyone is born with specific talents and traits, we are not all created equal. Some people are blessed with high intelligence. Some are born with strong healthy genes and natural immunity to many diseases. Some are born into wealth. Hell, even birth order has a significant impact on "equality of opportunity". Haley was born into relative wealth and was the oldest, the fact that she doesn't acknowledge or recognize those advantages speaks to her ignorance of the issue. The core concept of the equality movement is rewarding the successful, but also improving the lives of the disadvantaged. In the past our progressive tax system, higher corporate taxes, went a long way in delivering, not equality of outcome or opportunity, but making things "fair". Over the past four decades that system has been dismantled to the point that, today, there is very little "improving the lives of the less fortunate" going on. Our system should be created behind a "veil of ignorance", instead of what we have today, a system created by the elite, for the elite.

When Haley speaks of our daughter what she is really saying is that she knows her daughter is born with advantages, and instead of acknowledging that reality, and perhaps taking some of the rewards of those advantages to improve the lives of those less advantaged, she instead wants her daughter to be able to keep most of those rewards and build a "fortress" around her wealth while watching the calamity of the poor, their poverty, increase. That is about as unAmerican as it gets.

What wealth?

Her father was a professor, her mother a lawyer. She was far from "disadvantaged".

Upper middle class, and no, that is not evil, or even a problem. The problem is Haley wants to play off her "minority" status, and she acts as if any minority has an "equal opportunity" like she did. She knows it is not true, I mean she sure as hell not going to move to Columbia and enroll her daughter in an inner city school, yet she wants to pretend those students at that inner city school have the same "opportunities" as she did. It is insulting. And to make matters worse, she actually believes she is entitled to all that she has gained from those advantages, like the family she was born in to or the intelligence she was born with.

And Shapiro is even worse. I mean that pompous ass really believes he actually deserves all the opportunities and success he has had. That he owes nothing back to a society that just happens to value the traits he possesses. What he fails to realize is that if he was born a 100,000 years ago, in a hunter gatherer society, if those "humans" believed as he believed, well his ass would have been left to starve to death.

I mean I hate to go all Skynard on you, but if you have never been down in the ghetto, never felt that cold wind blow, then you know nothing. People like Haley, Shapiro, should be rounded up, dropped down into some trailer park where the rent is due every Friday, with no money, and then left for a year. Bet they come out with a changed attitude.

Wrong. She said she doesn’t want her daughter labeled. Your last paragraph is at best disturbing. Those people if they are in that situation should try to improve it and not blame me or others for it.

I think you are missing the point. Haley actually believes that she deserves all the opportunities she has had. Kind of like that thing about building. She believes she achieved her success all on her own. And worse, she believes everyone has "equal opportunity". That is naive at best, total ignorance at worse. But then again, maybe she doesn't really believe it. She knows she was given certain advantages, like birth order, intelligence, and economic status. But she feels entitled to them and she works to protect them and pass them on.

And I reread my post. I never said that those living in poverty should blame anyone. What I did say is that those of us that were born with certain advantages should understand that we did nothing to earn those advantages, and that we owe back to the society that actually values those advantages.

My grandfather was about five foot nothing, but tougher than nails and meaner than a snake. He grew up a migrant farm worker with 16 brothers and sisters. He build a farm, and raised a family where all the children became quite successful. Standing in the receiving line at his funeral, beside my father. Hundreds of people, working class, mostly dirt poor. Dad turned to me and said, "You see all these people, they are the salt of the earth, don't you ever forget that". Haley, Shapiro, nobody ever told them that. By believing they deserve all that mere circumstance provided them, they in no small way believe they are better than those that were not so fortunate. And the core problem with this country, which Trump exemplifies, is that there are literally millions of those fortunate individuals that feel the same way. Skynard had it right, and sorry I could not post Ronnie singing the song, because he knew it better than anyone.

Why are you so long winded. You do not know what she believes and we all have certain advantages and disadvantages. What is your point? Address this question. Don’t deflect.

My point is simple. Everyone in this country is not equal. Some are born smarter than others. Some are born into families with more resources than others. Some are born with more opportunities than others. And those that are owe a debt to society that should be paid. For instance, maybe you were born with great math abilities, and you become a successful engineer, maybe even an engineer scientist. But you are frail, and tiny, and couldn't hunt for shit. Don't you owe something to a society that values what you were gifted with? Because, let's be honest, were you born a hundred thousand years ago your ass would be dependent on the strong, powerful, hunters. And your skills would be worthless.

I mean I am spouting Michael Sandel from Harvard university, but he is as spot on as Ronnie Van Zant.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What wealth?

My point is simple. Everyone in this country is not equal. Some are born smarter than others. Some are born into families with more resources than others. Some are born with more opportunities than others. And those that are owe a debt to society that should be paid. For instance, maybe you were born with great math abilities, and you become a successful engineer, maybe even an engineer scientist. But you are frail, and tiny, and couldn't hunt for shit. Don't you owe something to a society that values what you were gifted with? Because, let's be honest, were you born a hundred thousand years ago your ass would be dependent on the strong, powerful, hunters. And your skills would be worthless.

I mean I am spouting Michael Sandel from Harvard university, but he is as spot on as Ronnie Van Zant.

what point are you trying to make? I have interacted with many many people in crisis.
I have NOT noticed that persons born with brains or with family resources feel ENTITLED
as a rule, as compared with muggers in the gutter. The struggle to survive is just as laborious
TODAY for brainy people as it was 5000 years ago for people adept at shooting darts at birds

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Nikki Haley who can't decide whether or not to kiss Trump's ass from one day to the next is someone to be quoted? She wants to run for POTUS but won't if Trump does. How bigly of her.

And that is just it. If she had any principals. If she really did believe in "America First", then she would run against Trump. Instead, she is just another Republican coward that cares only about her own self-preservation and wouldn't care if the country went to hell in a hand basket as long as she had a position of power.

Why would you run against Trump if you’re America First when his message and policies were America First? He sent mean tweets though so persons like you were offended.

None of Trump's policies were America First. The tariffs, they cost you more than any savings from the taxcut. Breaking international agreements like the one with Iran did an immense amount of damage to the reputation of the United States. I mean why would any country negotiate an agreement with us when the next presidential election could result in the rescinding of that agreement. Trump's policies were Trump first, from refusing to divest himself from his business to passing a tax cut package that benefits himself and his family to the tune of billions. I mean don't get me wrong, I made out like a bandit with his pass through exemption, but that don't make it right.

Trump was the wealthiest president ever. Before him, it was Washington. And Washington had the most corrupt administration in the history of the country, until Trump. I mean that should be a lesson to the American public. Biden is a refreshing change, hell he is a pauper compared to many presidents. That bodes well for all of us, you wait and see.

Myself and my clients disagree. We noticed significant savings and business development uptick.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What wealth?

How Darwinist of you. Engineering skills would have been valuable then too as they were in Ancient Rome. I owe my family, that is it. The rest of my “debt” I pay via taxes and charitable contributions both in terms of time and money.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Honestly, who cares what she thinks. If she could open her mouth instead of speaking through her teeth she might have something to say.
If you think she is presidential material, you're as desperate as you were when you elected trump.

she is certainly a lot better than the O I (Other Indian)

In your opinion but KH is the VP. Haley is just another trump appointed bimbo.

why do dems always view women as bimbos? why are you so sexist?

It's not sexism. It's a fact. Take a glance at all the women around close to trump.
Not one fat black woman in sight.

If I'm criticised for observing that, I'll wear that like a badge of honour.

Seriously? How many fat black women play in the WNBA? You’re a foreigner to boot. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Who cares? The fact is trumps minders were all handpicked for their eye candy and you know it. Now you guys are salivating promoting them as presidential material. Give me strength.

Imagine ivanka as president and those salacious videos of her in the bath being circulated during the campaign. If you don't believe it research it.

So, this thread is about promoting Haley as a potential candidate and you know it.

the fact you can’t look beyond a woman’s looks highlights you are a sexist. the racism is because you only think fat black women aren’t

Your problem is you're not smart enough to notice it. You were overwhelmed by trump and dancing and gloating. Loved watching them on tv and it didn't occur to you they were eye candy to attract derelict old weavers like you.
Welcome to the Republican spin party. Sucked in baby.

You calling someone else “not smart enough” is ironic.

You've all come out in force and blasted me but none of you have proven me wrong. Try that, then we'll discuss irony.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Honestly, who cares what she thinks. If she could open her mouth instead of speaking through her teeth she might have something to say.
If you think she is presidential material, you're as desperate as you were when you elected trump.

she is certainly a lot better than the O I (Other Indian)

In your opinion but KH is the VP. Haley is just another trump appointed bimbo.

why do dems always view women as bimbos? why are you so sexist?

It's not sexism. It's a fact. Take a glance at all the women around close to trump.
Not one fat black woman in sight.

If I'm criticised for observing that, I'll wear that like a badge of honour.

Seriously? How many fat black women play in the WNBA? You’re a foreigner to boot. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Who cares? The fact is trumps minders were all handpicked for their eye candy and you know it. Now you guys are salivating promoting them as presidential material. Give me strength.

Imagine ivanka as president and those salacious videos of her in the bath being circulated during the campaign. If you don't believe it research it.

So, this thread is about promoting Haley as a potential candidate and you know it.

the fact you can’t look beyond a woman’s looks highlights you are a sexist. the racism is because you only think fat black women aren’t

Your problem is you're not smart enough to notice it. You were overwhelmed by trump and dancing and gloating. Loved watching them on tv and it didn't occur to you they were eye candy to attract derelict old weavers like you.
Welcome to the Republican spin party. Sucked in baby.

You calling someone else “not smart enough” is ironic.

You've all come out in force and blasted me but none of you have proven me wrong. Try that, then we'll discuss irony.

how are we suppose to prove your bigoted sexist opinion of women wrong? it’s just your ignorant opinion

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

How does nikki know this? Is she in an official position?

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Myself and my clients disagree. We noticed significant savings and business development uptick.

Did you do so well when he screwed up the COVID response...

Trump had one of the worst responses to virus especially considering the resources the previous administration gave him to have advance knowledge around the world. He could have stock piled PPE,....

Other nations just pitied the US for having such inept leader... He was an embarrassment for American but what was worst was his supporters... The man was a jackass but his supporters still followed him...

What best describes him:
If Trump was in charge after Pearl Harbour, he proclaim it a Hawaii State problem, they didn't vote for him and governor sucks...

Being able to be self critical is a sign of confidence and striving to improve.. This allows the US to be able to see problems and thus be able to fix them.
  1. Leftists are telling people just because they are minorities they start with one arm tied behind their back. This is not only a lie but very dehumanizing. Nikki Haley is a minority btw.
Speaking the truth about minorities especially blacks is again identifying the problem. Identifying the problems facing certain communities face is not dehumanizing... It doesn't even fit the definition, saying some is being deprived of an equal standing is not the same as saying you should not have an equal standing..
  1. China is surpassing us in military strength, specifically the Navy.
Big difference between quality and quantity... China is catching up but it is a good way off... How you are spending the money can be more important than how much at times... Cyberwarfare and Drones are the big think right now..
  1. Biden's border policies are abhorrent.
No it's not... Now we have both got opinions..
  1. We had to pass a Bill to test illegals coming over the border for COVD-19.
And What? A lot of people that came into the country have to get tested... Whats the point you are trying to make..

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

Trump had one of the worst responses to virus especially considering the resources the previous administration gave him to have advance knowledge around the world. He could have stock piled PPE,....

Other nations just pitied the US for having such inept leader... He was an embarrassment for American but what was worst was his supporters... The man was a jackass but his supporters still followed him...

What best describes him:
If Trump was in charge after Pearl Harbour, he proclaim it a Hawaii State problem, they didn't vote for him and governor sucks...

You misspelled best. Shut down travel from China. Operation warp speed. He told people that hydroxychloroquine helps, people laughed. He sped up the building of ventilators. He moved a hospital ship to NY and helped build out the Javits Center.

You're a foreigner who is brainwashed by CNN.

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

How does nikki know this? Is she in an official position?

I am guessing she has some connections in Washington. What do you think? LOL

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What best describes him:

You misspelled best. Shut down travel from China. Operation warp speed. He told people that hydroxychloroquine helps, people laughed. He sped up the building of ventilators. He moved a hospital ship to NY and helped build out the Javits Center.

At least 430,000 people have arrived in the US from China — including about 40,000 following President Trump’s travel ban — since the Chinese Communist Party declared its coronavirus outbreak on Dec. 31, according to a report.

Some 430,000 people flew from China to US after ...
Apr 05, 2020 · About 430,000 people have flown on direct flights from China to the United States since Chinese officials first disclosed the outbreak of what is now

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

China and the rest of the world have been laughing at us for the last 4 years, so this is hardly a newsflash. What really makes them happy is when we announce we don't live in a democracy because our elections are corrupted, they can say to their people "is this what you want?".

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What best describes him:

At least 430,000 people have arrived in the US from China — including about 40,000 following President Trump’s travel ban — since the Chinese Communist Party declared its coronavirus outbreak on Dec. 31, according to a report.

Link it....and link that those who arrived weren't US citizens. Also show that the Democrats said it was Xenophobic and that Pelosi pranced through Chinatown afterwards and then Biden put up a travel ban vs. India.

I am half your age and I am schooling you. How do you explain that?

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

China and the rest of the world have been laughing at us for the last 4 years, so this is hardly a newsflash. What really makes them happy is when we announce we don't live in a democracy because our elections are corrupted, they can say to their people "is this what you want?".

Are you referring to Stacey Abrams and how she calls herself the real Governor of GA?

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What best describes him:

Link it....and link that those who arrived weren't US citizens. Also show that the Democrats said it was Xenophobic and that Pelosi pranced through Chinatown afterwards and then Biden put up a travel ban vs. India.

Over 430,000 People Travelled to US From China Before ...
Apr 05, 2020 · "Since Chinese officials disclosed the outbreak of a mysterious pneumonia-like illness to international health officials on New Year's eve, at least 430,000 people have arrived in the United States on direct flights from China, including nearly 40,000 in the two months after President Trump imposed restrictions on such travel, according to an analysis of data collected in both countries, the report said.

430,000 people have traveled from China to the US since ...
Apr 05, 2020 · 430,000 people traveled from China to the US since the COVID-19 outbreak Nearly 40,000 arrived in the two months after Trump issued travel restrictions 13,000 …

I recommend you listen.

Thank you,

What best describes him:

You changed the narrative. I am not disputing the election. Learn English.

Forum List

Back