Chicago Bears have to be the biggest joke in the NFL! ( Profanity alert )

Are the Chicago Bears the NFL version of the Cubs and will be losers until new ownership save them?

• Yes

• No

• Pineapple with Mango Chunks.

• Da Bears.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
Sure Da'Bears have had some great teams in the past and great players but some of their draft picks have made you wonder what the fuck is the GM smoking?

This last NFL draft the Bears outbid themselves by trading up with the 49'ers to draft that unknown QB( Mitchell Trubisky ). They could have traded down and still grabbed that QB because no one was wanting to draft him at that spot and not even the 49'ers were willing to draft him at number two in the damn draft!

I got a feeling Ryan Pace will be out the door soon and this trade will be as bad as the Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler trade where the Bears also gave the Broncos draft picks for a QB that was a system QB that never played well enough out of Denver and in another system.

Note:

Jerry Angelo made the Kyle Orton for Cutler trade and see where he is at now?

Sure Da'Bears have had some great teams in the past and great players but some of their draft picks have made you wonder what the fuck is the GM smoking?

This last NFL draft the Bears outbid themselves by trading up with the 49'ers to draft that unknown QB( Mitchell Trubisky ). They could have traded down and still grabbed that QB because no one was wanting to draft him at that spot and not even the 49'ers were willing to draft him at number two in the damn draft!

I got a feeling Ryan Pace will be out the door soon and this trade will be as bad as the Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler trade where the Bears also gave the Broncos draft picks for a QB that was a system QB that never played well enough out of Denver and in another system.

Note:

Exactly.. he will be a bust

• Banned

Note:

Exactly.. he will be a bust

I am not sure he will be a bust or not. He might be a good QB after a year or two but no one was going to draft him at number two, three or even four. The Bears could have traded down and gotten more draft picks and if they did not get that QB they could have traded down before the Texans and grabbed their QB instead that look more of a possible starter than the one the Bears drafted.

I mean sure you take risks but with so many holes in the Bears system you do not draft someone like they did and trading up. It is nuts!

Also Kyle Orton was a fourth round pick and had a decent career and if the Bears could learn from that draft they would realize sometimes your better QB's are down further in the draft as hidden Gems and not this guy they drafted.

Man if you are a Bears fan I feel sorrow for you mate because next season will be a long and horrible one!

Bears ownership need to sell the team and let a new one rebuild the team.

• Banned
Virginia made a lot of mistakes..

But the best one was firing her own son..

He is a complete moron. Jerry Angelo got his job because of her son stupidity. Had it not been for the Cutler trade I would have to admit Angelo did a fine job during his tenure as the GM of the Bears but since the team has been a mess... Let hope they sell the team before too long because like the Cubs the Bears need new ownership to be great again!

Probably.The fact that he kept that worthless Jay Cutler all these years not unloading him till this year proves he does not care about winning.:rolleyes:

I am convinced Cutlers father had special connections to him the fact he was allowed to screw up and play like a rookie year after yet yet STILL keep his job :rolleyes:ESPECIALLY since in the NFL,the way it works is if the starter goes down and gets hurt and the backup comes in and just lights up the board like in the case of kurt warner did with the rams when trent green went down,they always become the new starter and that happened in chicago once when Cutler got hurt for a long extended period and the backup came and and totally outperformed him yet he got benched when cutler came back and the fans were outraged since they righty so,wanted the backup to be the starter.The owner clearly does not care about the fans what they want so Bears fans are in the same boat I am as an LA RAM fan with bad ownership going after Goff instead of wentz.:mad:

I feel your pain ...unfortunately Vikings are in the running as most inept too. they have no ability to judge QB talent or develop it. We dumped this yrs draft in the toilet for a journeyman QB who was supposed to be one yr fill in and now looks like the starter for the foreseeable future due to a running QB who folded up in practice without being hit whose injury now looks like it might be career ending. Ad in we cant protect the journeyman from a pass rush so expect his stay to be cut short due to excessive faceplants by defensive lineman.

I feel your pain ...unfortunately Vikings are in the running as most inept too. they have no ability to judge QB talent or develop it. We dumped this yrs draft in the toilet for a journeyman QB who was supposed to be one yr fill in and now looks like the starter for the foreseeable future due to a running QB who folded up in practice without being hit whose injury now looks like it might be career ending. Ad in we cant protect the journeyman from a pass rush so expect his stay to be cut short due to excessive faceplants by defensive lineman.

I thought you lived in the san fran bay area?

I thought you lived in the san fran bay area?
NOOOOOOO

I'm cautiously optimistic about Trubisky. One thing I have consistently read about him is he does have the intangibles, which is a plus. Develop him properly and you have a star on your hands.

"Just go to Pittsburgh..."

The rather successful Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) who won the Stanley Cup under the gifted play of two different generations of superstars (Lemieux in the '90s; Crosby in the '2Ks) and reminded people of the storied history of Pittsburgh teams/talents (e.g., Bradshaw's Steelers; Bonds' Pirates) might serve as a 'field lighthouse' for the city of Chicago.

Chicago fans (i.e., Bears) have been un-lucky. It's been dismal for the Bears since the days of Walter Payton and even the transition-era leadership of QB Jim Harbaugh (now the lauded head coach of the Michigan college football team) could not really bring them out of the proverbial pits. Finally the Cubs win a World Series (and the White Sox did so in 2005) to add to the Bulls (NBA) fanfare and the Blackhawks (NHL) fanfare.

For Chicago (i.e., Bears) to once again 'culturally shine' like Pittsburgh is doing/has done with the Penguins and the Steelers (who won multiple Super Bowls under two different QBs(!) --- Bradshaw and Roethlisberger), they need to inject some recruiting/drafting *magic* (the kind the Cleveland Browns found in this year's NFL Draft!) and meditate on 'pick-up team-play' *magic* (the kind the Prescott/Elliott Cowboys found last NFL season!), and that will require great management, good coaching, and yes, of course, better ownership!

That's my testimony...

Sometime I compare the Penguins (NHL) to the gifted if pressured 'culture-crusading' paramilitary units of Hasbro's comic book empire G.I. Joe (the terrorism detectives)!

Hey, I'm not gonna let 'TrumpUSA' deflate my 'media-optimism.'

====

DUKE: I wish the Chicago Bears were good again...
SNAKE-EYES: Who doesn't?
DUKE: I wish the Bears were like the Penguins (NHL).
SNAKE-EYES: Me too!
DUKE: Kids love playing NHL video games and using Crosby/Lemieux.
SNAKE-EYES: It's been a long time since an NFL video game had some cool Bears players.
DUKE: Yeah, I think Tecmo Bowl boasted Walter Payton, but it's ALL Tom Brady now...
SNAKE-EYES: That will entice our enemies --- the anti-pedestrian Cobra!
DUKE: You can bet that Cobra is planning something with 'free-agency corruption' to deflate TV!
SNAKE-EYES: What keeps me sane is Mike and Mike (ESPN).
DUKE: The Raiders (NFL) moving to Vegas has Americans talking about 'fantasy television.'
SNAKE-EYES: Maybe Penguins management will draw the eyes of the Bears' front-office (*hint-hint*).

====

p2.jpeg

pp0208.jpg

gijoe.jpg

Forum List

Back