Charges sought against those who toppled Confederate statue

I'd be more interested in charges being brought to bear on the Antifa terrorists for inciting a riot.
one problem. They didn't. Your neonazis were the ones responsible.
Your drug-infused concept of reality not withstanding, it was the Antifa that started the violence.

The American people should hold them Mayor and Chief of Police responsible for the death of the unAmerican Antifa member as well as the guy driving the car.

The State's Attorney General needs to step in and press charges against Antifa.

Leaving the statues up opens up old wounds for black Americans which of course is your purpose for leaving them up.

I personally don't care whether these statues stay or go, but it's funny how they've stood for decades, and some more than a century, without anybody feeling "wounded" until a bunch of left wing extremists told everyone a few months ago they should suddenly be offended by them.

Tearing down monuments is one of the favorite tactics of totalitarian, communist movements:

"Culture is the soul of a nation."
"Cultural developments define the history of a nation’s civilization. The complete destruction of a national culture leads to the end of the nation. Ancient nations that had created glorious civilizations were considered to have vanished when their cultures disappeared, even though people of their races may have survived."
"
Evil Communist Theory Opposes Traditional Culture"
"... the Communist Party encourages class struggle. Confucians encourage loyalty to the monarch and love for the nation. The “Communist Manifesto” promotes the elimination of nations.

"To gain and maintain power in China, the Communist Party first had to plant its immoral thoughts on Chinese soil. Mao Zedong claimed, “If we want to overthrow an authority, we must first make propaganda and do work in the area of ideology.”[19]"

"In order to seize, maintain and consolidate its tyranny, the CCP needs to replace human nature with its evil Party nature, and the Chinese traditional culture with its Party culture of “deceit, wickedness, and violence.”

"This destruction and substitution includes cultural relics, historical sites, and ancient books, which are tangible, and such intangible things as the traditional outlook on morality, life, and the world. All aspects of people’s lives are involved, including their actions, thoughts, and lifestyles."

Commentary 6: On How the Chinese Communist Party Destroyed Traditional Culture

Last edited:
When Democrats want something, as Obama and Hillary have demonstrated in the past, they don't let a little thing like THE LAW stand in their way. In NC, a member of the minority of Americans who want Confederate statues pulled won did just that in NC, breaking the law to topple a nearly century-old statue of a Confederate soldier...law be damned.

Yeah....and now the criminal is being sought for his crime!

:clap:

Criminal charges sought for protesters who toppled Confederate statue in North Carolina

"When protesters, angry over the deadly incidents in Virginia this weekend, decided to take down a nearly century-old statue of a Confederate soldier in North Carolina on Monday, law enforcement stood back and watched.

At no time did officers with the Durham Police Department or deputies with the Durham County Sheriff’s Office intervene as activists brought a ladder up to the statue and used a rope to pull it down, according to multiple media reports.

No one was arrested Monday, however, a day later, Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews announced investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them."

Once again, police sat back on their asses and watched as snowflakes committed another crime, surrendering to lawlessness. These police should be fired for failure to do their job / up-hold the law.
Good.....vandalism is against the law.

Leaving the statues up opens up old wounds for black Americans which of course is your purpose for leaving them up.

Well HELL, as long as you have a 'good' reason for breaking the law it's all good, snowflake. :p

Personally I would loved to have seen the police Taze the shite out of this criminal clown as he was strapping on the straps to pull it down.

Why are these lefties so hateful towards the confederacy anyway?. Do they actually think the civil war was about freeing slaves?? The idea is not only wrong, it is absurd since.

1. There were 4 UNION states (KY MD DE MO) that were slave states throughout the war. Had a total of 300,000 slaves.

2. There were many UNION generals that were slave owners during the war. Grant himself owned a slave during the war and his wife had a lot of slaves.
Stonewall Jackson and his wife had a school for black children in defiance of the law.
Yeah? Don't say nuttin' about black folk here:

Marker: L-49

Queasy wants the racist south statues to stay up.

Dumbass thinks that removing Statues somehow erases history.

Not all all. These were built when the last of the Veterans of the Civil war were dying off. You are attributing the purpose to fit your own prejudices.

The only one of the removed Statues that fits the bill of being about prejudice was that one tower in New Orleans about the Redeemers coming back into power.

I honestly hope more get mowed down. They obviously want a war and want to overthrow our government and culture. So grant their wish.

In SC a confederate flag flew above the State House for YEARS...and almost NO ONE paid attention to it...or remembered it was even up there. Then a minority (versus a majority) group raised a stink and demanded it come down. After much bit@hing and pressure the State caved and placed it on the State House grounds as a memorial to appease the group.

Yeah, that lasted about a month. With the flag now on the grounds where everyone could see it constantly the group then demanded it be completely removed from the State House grounds. Appeasement only led to more demands.....

I am SO glad that someone felt offended by the Disney 'Song of the South', complained like Hell, and got it CENSORED - Disney no longer sells it in the states and networks won't play it. Instead of just refusing to go see it themselves because it offended THEM, they had to impose THEIR will on ME, depriving me f making my own choice.

Minority groups (as in minority percentage of the population) should NOT be able to impose their will on the Majority.

This jackass tried to do just that, and with any luck he will be going to jail for it.

"Millions of people were persecuted in the violent struggles that ensued across the country, and suffered a wide range of abuses including public humiliation, arbitrary imprisonment, torture, hard labor, sustained harassment, seizure of property and sometimes execution. A large segment of the population was forcibly displaced, most notably the transfer of urban youth to rural regions during the Down to the Countryside Movement. Historical relics and artifacts were destroyed. Cultural and religious sites were ransacked."

This is what we are seeing now.

Cultural Revolution - Wikipedia

I honestly hope more get mowed down. They obviously want a war and want to overthrow our government and culture. So grant their wish.
Holy Crap!

Because someone wants part of our history, a memorial, they 'want a war', 'want to overthrow our govt'? I seriously hope you are kidding.

The people who want them walk by them and see part of our history. They don't call for war, don't call for military coups, don't call for assassinations, and don't call for the overthrow of the newly elected President.

Democrats lose a damn election and they call for military coups, call for Impeachment, call for assassinations, and attempt to carry out those assassinations! And these are the violent mofos who project those desires onto others for wanting to preserve part of our history, that serve as a reminder and warning of division in this country....

Holy Crap!

Because someone wants part of our history, a memorial, they 'want a war', 'want to overthrow our govt'? I seriously hope you are kidding.

The people who want them walk by them and see part of our history. They don't call for war, don't call for military coups, don't call for assassinations, and don't call for the overthrow of the newly elected President.

Democrats lose a damn election and they call for military coups, call for Impeachment, call for assassinations, and attempt to carry out those assassinations! And these are the violent mofos who project those desires onto others for wanting to preserve part of our history, that serve as a reminder and warning of division in this country....

No, I'm on the other side hon. I want the commie pigs who are pulling down monuments, throwing bricks, starting fires to be mowed down.

I'd be more interested in charges being brought to bear on the Antifa terrorists for inciting a riot.
Your drug-infused concept of reality not withstanding, it was the Antifa that started the violence.

The American people should hold them Mayor and Chief of Police responsible for the death of the unAmerican Antifa member as well as the guy driving the car.

What makes you think she was an Antifa member? Counter protesting against those Nazi slugs is anything but Anti-American.

I truly hope there is a serious effort to drag these violent alt-leftists into court.

Regardless of your views concerning confederate momuments, this was not the way to have them dismantled.

What makes you think she was an Antifa member? Counter protesting against those Nazi slugs is anything but Anti-American.
When you are trying to silence the right of assembly guaranteed to all Americans, you are indeed, anti-American.

If they had planned on just standing outside the assembled wannabe nazis and demonstrated without the violence, they would have only been guilty of demonstrating without a permit. The moment they attacked a lawful march, they became Anti-American and violated the civil rights of the wannabe's.

I truly hope there is a serious effort to drag these violent alt-leftists into court.

Regardless of your views concerning confederate momuments, this was not the way to have them dismantled.
What is a proper punishment in your opinion?

Forum List

Back