Charges sought against those who toppled Confederate statue

I honestly hope more get mowed down. They obviously want a war and want to overthrow our government and culture. So grant their wish.
Holy Crap!

Because someone wants part of our history, a memorial, they 'want a war', 'want to overthrow our govt'? I seriously hope you are kidding.

The people who want them walk by them and see part of our history. They don't call for war, don't call for military coups, don't call for assassinations, and don't call for the overthrow of the newly elected President.

Democrats lose a damn election and they call for military coups, call for Impeachment, call for assassinations, and attempt to carry out those assassinations! And these are the violent mofos who project those desires onto others for wanting to preserve part of our history, that serve as a reminder and warning of division in this country....

No, I'm on the other side hon. I want the commie pigs who are pulling down monuments, throwing bricks, starting fires to be mowed down.
You mean like LaRoy Finicum?

Why? Were you or those you know involve? If not, why is the law too cruel?
That is too cruel.
I truly hope there is a serious effort to drag these violent alt-leftists into court.

Regardless of your views concerning confederate momuments, this was not the way to have them dismantled.
What is a proper punishment in your opinion?

Like any other punishment for destroying public or private property.

About time they went after these rioters destroying public property. Abraham Lincoln was an admitted white supremacist too. Will these crazies destroy the Lincoln memorial next?

Charges sought against those who toppled Confederate statue

Aaug 15 2017 Investigators are working to identify and charge protesters who toppled a nearly century-old Confederate statue in front of a North Carolina government building, the sheriff said Tuesday.

Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews issued a statement that investigators are using video footage to identify those responsible for toppling the statue during a rally Monday night.

Law enforcement officers took video throughout the protest but didn't intervene as protesters brought out a ladder, climbed up to attach a rope and then pulled the bronze Confederate soldier from its pedestal. After it fell, some began kicking the statue, while others took photos standing or sitting on it. The protest was in response to violence and a death at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend.

That would be f ing amazing do it, it should be a charge it's freaking PUBLIC property.

No. But there you go if someone is involved then you think it's cruel. I am not and I feel for everybody. You should calm down.

Not to be critical, just clarifying - it's LaVoy Finicum, with a 'V' not an 'R', and great point!

Finicum broke the law, plain and simple. Equal justice and execution of the law across the board, meaning ANYONE who breaks the law should be dealt with equally in the eyes of the law. That's not so much to ask.

Finicum was 'stupid', though. I don't know if he wanted to be some kind of martyr or what - he challenged the police to shoot him after being stopped, according to reports, and was shot by the police when he moved his hand toward his hands towards his pocket. A weapon was found later in that pocket.

LaVoy Finicum - Wikipedia

Queasy wants the racist south statues to stay up.

Dumbass thinks that removing Statues somehow erases history.
Leaving the statues up opens up old wounds for black Americans which of course is your purpose for leaving them up.
So...you only want to preserve one small sliver of history that supports your narrative and is conveniently used to incite anger and hate in the black community? All other history viewed as offensive or hurtful by you and those like you must be expunged from the public's consciousness?

About time they went after these rioters destroying public property. ]

Absolutely- mobs who destroy public property should be arrested and convicted.

Of course if a town decides to remove its own statues- that is perfectly acceptable.

Why are these lefties so hateful towards the confederacy anyway?..

We all know your love for the Confederates and black slavery.

The Confederates states formed to protect the institution of slavery. Nothing that deserves 'honor'.

Leaving the statues up opens up old wounds for black Americans which of course is your purpose for leaving them up.

I personally don't care whether these statues stay or go, but it's funny how they've stood for decades, and some more than a century, without anybody feeling "wounded" until a bunch of left wing extremists told everyone a few months ago they should suddenly be offended by them.

Well we had slaves for about 200 years until a bunch of extremists decided that slavery was offensive.....

Times change- sometimes it takes awhile to recognize a wrong.

Personally, I don't care whether the statues stay or go- I think that individual towns and cities should decide whether they want them or not.

Not to be critical, just clarifying - it's LaVoy Finicum, with a 'V' not an 'R', and great point!

Finicum broke the law, plain and simple. Equal justice and execution of the law across the board, meaning ANYONE who breaks the law should be dealt with equally in the eyes of the law. That's not so much to ask.

Finicum was 'stupid', though. I don't know if he wanted to be some kind of martyr or what - he challenged the police to shoot him after being stopped, according to reports, and was shot by the police when he moved his hand toward his hands towards his pocket. A weapon was found later in that pocket.

LaVoy Finicum - Wikipedia
Finicum didn't break the law, and he wasn't stupid. Nor did he want to be shot.

What he did was a lawful protest. Everything you have heard from the media and everything you've seen is a lie. He was completely set up, the car was TAKING FIRE before it approached the ambush site. He exited the car because it was drawing fire, and he was almost immediately shot, while his hands were in the air. When he plucked at his side and his shoulder, those are the entry and exit wounds. I have seen the autopsy, and I knew the minute I saw the film what happened to him.

Since then, it has been discovered that in fact the *agents* have lied, and lied, and lied again about who shot when. They have lied about whether or not they shot, they have lied to cover for each other, they moved evidence, and they are in fact facing criminal charges for it.

The people involved in this nightmare have been almost completely exonerated, though of course the feds and the other pigs are still holding them and trumping up charges against them. They keep coming up with new fake charges. So far, most have been acquitted of all wrong doing. A couple have some minor convictions. Without exception, every person who has been able to look at the evidence has been appalled by the situation that led up to the protest, and the nightmare of abuse that has taken place since.

[

And yet your god obama give millions of illegals a certificate telling them they could live and work here even though the law says they can do neither.!! And you were cool with that.

[
I stopped reading at this point because you are so way off and full of shit. You have obviously never read many of my posts...

Have a nice day.

HAHAHA. ` The board notes you have no answer. Even you can see aunt barry was wrong to tell illegals they could stay in violation of the law.

Why are these lefties so hateful towards the confederacy anyway?. Do they actually think the civil war was about freeing slaves?? The idea is not only wrong, it is absurd since.

1. There were 4 UNION states (KY MD DE MO) that were slave states throughout the war. Had a total of 300,000 slaves.

2. There were many UNION generals that were slave owners during the war. Grant himself owned a slave during the war and his wife had a lot of slaves.
Stonewall Jackson and his wife had a school for black children in defiance of the law.
Yeah? Don't say nuttin' about black folk here:

Marker: L-49
read this.......

Stonewall Jackson: Black Man’s Friend (Continued)

[
I stopped reading at this point because you are so way off and full of shit. You have obviously never read many of my posts...

Have a nice day.

HAHAHA. ` The board notes you have no answer. Even you can see aunt barry was wrong to tell illegals they could stay in violation of the law.
the board notes that once again you prove you are one of the dumbest people in this forum.....

Forum List

Back