CCP Nuclear Sub spotted in Taiwan Strait

Multinational is good. But China can retaliate against each and every one of the countries that cooperate. Only we have the economic vitality to withstand any reprisals from the Chinese.
I think the cost would be to high. Cooperatively, we can support each other in pressuring China to alter it’s trade policies. Keep the stakes low and achievable to start with.

See, you can't. Because he didn't bankrupt the US, he only continued the reckless spending that went on for years prior.

Given that he served in a prior administration who did very little on the matter, I can already judge him for his China policy.

He has done nothing about the Uyghur genocides (except maybe declare a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics), the illicit organ harvesting, or Chinese slave factories which manufacturers stateside take advantage of, like Nike and Apple.
What did Trump do on any of that? Nada. This is just partisan differences between us.

How can they pass a law like that? Just curious, because it is entirely against free market principles. Would you then prohibit them from selling their product outside the US?

No. They can sell freely. But they cannot manufacture their products outside of the US, they wouldn't be allowed to purchase the materials for those parts from anyone except those the government deems trustworthy and not serving an ulterior purpose (like funding terrorism or crimes against humanity).

Trump’s past behavior was a series of bankruptcies, judge him on that?

Biden deserves the same amount of time Trump had, before judging his China policy. Otherwise it is a clear and probably partisan double standard.
Donald Trump had a couple of failures, true. He also has more than 500 under his ownership or in which he has a major stake. An incredibly good record.

Trump accomplished great things for our country but hurt your feelings. Poor baby.

Biden and his handlers have created a nightmare. One which will take decades to recover from, if we can.

You and your rapidly dwindling number of followers have too much self pride and ego to admit you were wrong. That's a shame. Are you the same in your home and private life? If so, it must be hard on those around you.

China would be silly NOT to move against Taiwan now ----- right now, in December. America is now powerless and won't, I think, fight a war. We aren't united enough to fight any war, IMO.
IMO? You are probably right.

The DNC would rather invade Florida & Texas than send any aid to the Taiwanese.

:auiqs.jpg:

In Ukraine? Nothing beyond supplying them with high-end weapons. Putin probably isn't too keen on starting a war that could turn into a 21st century version of Afghanistan. For Taiwan, I think we make it clear that we will not yield Asia up without a fight. The PLAN isn't anywhere near being a blue water navy, yet. I'd hope that Xi is too risk averse to chance having most of his shiny new Navy sent to the bottom of the Taiwan straits. OTOH, if we positioned a carrier group close enough to do them damage, those hypersonic weapons could send a few thousand sailors to the bottom and THAT might well trigger a nuclear exchange.

It's the uncertainty and the chance for Xi to miscalculate Biden (or his puppet master's) response. One thing is sure. If Xi decides to go for it, he won't be able to back down. FTM, neither could little Vladimir Vladimirovich.
Dangerous times ahead. Our enemies from Iran to the Norks, to Xi, and Putin are going to be seriously tempted to take advantage of America while we are in such obvious disarray and chaos.
I honestly don't believe, given Taiwan's relationship with other nations in the area, that Japan and Australia, will just let that happen without some sort of fight, if Taiwan shows ANY will to fight, and get any support, material or otherwise from us.

I won't deny it. This would be an advantageous time for the Chinese to do just that.
Wow, that would really be a surprise for Xmas, wouldn't it. But I think so too ---- and in fact, I don't see why Putin wouldn't move against the Ukraine at the same time. Two fronts? Neither of them AT ALL in our national interest? Could work for China and Russia.

IMO? You are probably right.

The DNC would rather invade Florida & Texas than send any aid to the Taiwanese.

:auiqs.jpg:
Excellent --- and so true. Because: Americans ALWAYS are more interested in ourselves than in those god-forsaken bits and pieces hither and yon.

Forum List

Back