Cats movie bombs

Some liberals will see this CATastrophe just to show their support for the "arts."

I wouldn't be half surprised for the Government schools to buy this film and show it to the kids, for two reasons. To help recruit for the Gay Lifestyle, and to bail out their heroes in Hollywood.

I will likely order the DVD, or watch it streaming, when it hits Netflix.

I enjoyed the VHS copy when it came out

This kind of crapola was successful in Gay-dominated New York City, but could never be popular in the Normative dominated heartland of America.

I couldn't see ordinary Americans tuning into this drivel. Maybe if Homosexuality becomes the dominant sexual preference, they can resurrect this.

‘Cats’ Bound To Lose At Least $71M After All Ancillaries: Here’s How – Deadline

The original stage musical is very good, very entertaining. This sort of stage musical, converted to a more conventional movie, I don't know about. I'm aware of only one similar instance, where I've seen both the stage version and the later movie version of a musical, and that was Sweeny Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Look for the original stage version, starring George Hearn and Angela Lansbury, from 1982, and compare to the much more recent movie version, starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

I can see Cats possibly doing well with a similar treatment, but it could also not.

I'm a bit puzzled by all the references to homosexuality in this thread. Neither Andrew Lloyd Weber's play, nor E. E. Cummings' book Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats is about sexuality, homo- or otherwise. If the makers have tried to cram any of that into this movie, then they completely missed the point, and pretty much guaranteed its failure. I wouldn't put it past the degenerate vermin who infest the entertainment industry to try to do exactly that, but it would certainly be, in this case, a very big mistake.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back