The Sopranos

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I'm bingeing it and still can't figure out WHY homely guys seem to be magnets for nice looking girls. Dude that played Tony is a good actor but looks wise? He didn't have much to offer. And the women..what's with Jersey girls and gum and big hair????

I'm bingeing it and still can't figure out WHY homely guys seem to be magnets for nice looking girls. Dude that played Tony is a good actor but looks wise? He didn't have much to offer. And the women..what's with Jersey girls and gum and big hair????
Well, Tony had power and money. Two things SOME women are highly attracted to.

Most Mafia Dons are not great looking
But they have money, power and influence

Tony could be charming

Last edited:
That character showed very little brutality towards women. He would seek his own justice towards people who did them wrong. Even if he used them for pleasure.

My personal issue with J. Gandolfini was that he looks like a pussy. He was not a "big guy who probably played football in school." He was just fat and out of shape. The character he played was supposed to be intimidating, but I never saw any of that in either him or his acting.

The Soprano's survives elsewhere, for those who liked it. Ray Donovan is the same story, as is Peaky Blinders. Family criminal enterprise with an insufferable wife and obnoxious teenage daughter (in Peaky Blinders, it's his older sister, not wife). But otherwise, same story.

Not many Mafia Dons look scary
But nobody would fuk with them

Finally finished it about half an hour ago. I wonder if I am in the minority of being glad Tony, Carmilla and their pussy son all got whacked? Obnoxious daughter was probably spared because she's such a bimbo, she took too long trying to parallel park.

Whole damn lot of them were psychopaths and sociopaths. Bobby...he was more of a sociopath because he seemed to have a inkling of regret to what he had to do. The rest? Dayum. Glad they are dead even though it's just a movie. I am very much in to mafia type movies but this is the first time I wanted the whole family popped.

He was not a "big guy who probably played football in school." He was just fat and out of shape.
I thought he was flat out gross and how the actresses dealt with the scenes they had to play with him, boggles my mind.

Finally finished it about half an hour ago. I wonder if I am in the minority of being glad Tony, Carmilla and their pussy son all got whacked? Obnoxious daughter was probably spared because she's such a bimbo, she took too long trying to parallel park.

Whole damn lot of them were psychopaths and sociopaths. Bobby...he was more of a sociopath because he seemed to have a inkling of regret to what he had to do. The rest? Dayum. Glad they are dead even though it's just a movie. I am very much in to mafia type movies but this is the first time I wanted the whole family popped.
Only Tony got whacked

He had it coming, though I wish AJ got whacked in Season 1

Well, I'm hoping Carmilla got whacked too. What a disfunctional family...with crazy tony and needy camilla at the helm.

I hated AJ from day one. Whiney fucking brat wanting to be bad ass but cries MOMMY MOMMY at a bear sighting. What a pussy, even as he aged.

And the shrink lady? Hated her too. If I had to see a shrink and he/she just sat there staring at me, I'd get up and walk out.

Actually...the only ones I did sorta like was Sil, played by Van Zandt, and Bobby.

Well, I'm hoping Carmilla got whacked too. What a disfunctional family...with crazy tony and needy camilla at the helm.

I hated AJ from day one. Whiney fucking brat wanting to be bad ass but cries MOMMY MOMMY at a bear sighting. What a pussy, even as he aged.

And the shrink lady? Hated her too. If I had to see a shrink and he/she just sat there staring at me, I'd get up and walk out.

Actually...the only ones I did sorta like was Sil, played by Van Zandt, and Bobby.
Pauly was funny

Pauly was funny
Syl was my favorite, up until when he whacked Adrianna.
Then I realized, wow that's a cold dude.

When Gandolfini died, the Show Biz types who were shown mourning him seemed genuinely sad. He must have been a good guy, despite being horribly mis-cast in this role.

New Topics

Forum List

Back