Catholicism keeps me sane in a crazy world

It drives you crazy that the ancient legends of a flood that all cultures have actually has a basis in science, doesn't it?
The bible says 40 day worldwide flood. No evidence for that. Do other cultures call it a 40 day worldwide flood?
The deluge lasted 40 days and nights; however, the water covered the earth for about 1 year. I feel that nearly every fossil (if not all fossils) are a product of Noah's Flood experience. The earth was also affected for years, if not centuries by shifts of weather and plate tectonic events after the Flood. There is surface evidence across the globe of massive tsunami and sudden drainage of enormous reservoirs of trapped water. All of this is clouded by the assumed geologic ages of the rocks. However, a rock that is assessed to be millions of years old because of its makeup and an assumed belief that such formed "naturally" and without CREATIVE influence or manipulation, does not prove that such deposits bring with them the undeniable "truth" that indeed all the fossils found therein are really millions of years old.

i left Catholicism when in catacism class when i asked if i should bring a bible the priest said no....i will tell you everything you need to know.....and then danced around questions....

Yeah, I'm a recovering Catholic myself.

¿Recovering?

Growing up in Boston, Sunday School was pretty much a requirement. I still went to church a lot in my late teens and early 20s when I moved out, but when I started logically questioning everything I had been told throughout my childhood I began to realize how little sense it really made.

Any concrete example what you was logically questioning and which conclusion brought you in this context to the result that your catholic education was nearly senseless for you?
Any concrete example what you was logically questioning and which conclusion brought you in this context to the result that your catholic education was nearly senseless for you?
the realization people have when they recognize the bible is not only a book of forgeries and fallacies but an underlying work of deliberate deception.

Then it's perhaps the best for you to throw the bible into the next waste paper basket. It seems not to be able to help you to read textes when you are the same time convinced this textes are written on the intention to produce a deception.
I once found a bible at my house. I had no idea how it got there. So I threw it out.
God put it there.
Instead of send me a book (which is a dumb concept), why doesn't he just explain the whole thing to me personally?
He will explain it to you if you read His book and ask Him to reveal its understanding to you. I assume you do read? GOD certainly placed you in a society that encourages reading and teaches it. If you are not willing to read what GOD reveals, why would you even take the time to listen to Him --- it He spoke to you?
I've read the bible, went to sunday school, went to a private school run by priests, had catechism classes, the whole 9 yards, and the more I delved into the bible, the less it makes sense. God needs to explain himself to me why he doesn't have a better system to prove himself to unbelievers.
You must have slept through it. :lol:
You have no way to get in touch with god, so stfu.
Sure I do. His Spirit is within me at all times. Same as for you, dummy.
Pretend doesn't count. Jerkoff.
Why so angry, Taz?

God's spirit is literally inside you right now.
I know you can’t prove that.
If you want to act like a retard about this I am more than willing to let you believe that large asteroid impacts do not alter the earth's climate.
An asteroid didn’t cause a 40 day worldwide flood. Everyone knows that. Don’t you?
Again... if you want to believe that giant asteroids strikes don't alter climate or weather patterns... :thup:
Quote me where I said that. :popcorn:
40 day floods (which is allegory) is less than a climate change, Timmy.

Does mommy have your name pinned on your sleeve?

View attachment 402685
There is no record of such climate change in the period of the bible. Plus, it says 40 day worldwide flood, of which there is also no evidence. Man, you god people sure are idiots.
The deluge lasted 40 days and nights; however, the waters covered the earth for about 1 year, and the affects of the FLOOD likely influenced weather and plate tectonics for many years afterwards.
The deluge lasted 40 days and nights; however, the waters covered the earth for about 1 year, and the affects of the FLOOD likely influenced weather and plate tectonics for many years afterwards.
your version, proof satan is dead or you believe they survived and who else, who wrote your book. your calling the Almighty a liar.

they were dead - when adam and eve were given their mission to accomplish the same. as the example to follow. triumph over evil.
I believe exactly what Jesus the Messiah said.

Matthew 24:1-40

King James Version

1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).
16 Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

i left Catholicism when in catacism class when i asked if i should bring a bible the priest said no....i will tell you everything you need to know.....and then danced around questions....

¿Recovering?

Growing up in Boston, Sunday School was pretty much a requirement. I still went to church a lot in my late teens and early 20s when I moved out, but when I started logically questioning everything I had been told throughout my childhood I began to realize how little sense it really made.

the realization people have when they recognize the bible is not only a book of forgeries and fallacies but an underlying work of deliberate deception.

Then it's perhaps the best for you to throw the bible into the next waste paper basket. It seems not to be able to help you to read textes when you are the same time convinced this textes are written on the intention to produce a deception.
I once found a bible at my house. I had no idea how it got there. So I threw it out.
God put it there.
Instead of send me a book (which is a dumb concept), why doesn't he just explain the whole thing to me personally?
He will explain it to you if you read His book and ask Him to reveal its understanding to you. I assume you do read? GOD certainly placed you in a society that encourages reading and teaches it. If you are not willing to read what GOD reveals, why would you even take the time to listen to Him --- it He spoke to you?
I've read the bible, went to sunday school, went to a private school run by priests, had catechism classes, the whole 9 yards, and the more I delved into the bible, the less it makes sense. God needs to explain himself to me why he doesn't have a better system to prove himself to unbelievers.
Why so angry, Taz?

If you want to act like a retard about this I am more than willing to let you believe that large asteroid impacts do not alter the earth's climate.
An asteroid didn’t cause a 40 day worldwide flood. Everyone knows that. Don’t you?
Again... if you want to believe that giant asteroids strikes don't alter climate or weather patterns... :thup:

View attachment 402685
There is no record of such climate change in the period of the bible. Plus, it says 40 day worldwide flood, of which there is also no evidence. Man, you god people sure are idiots.
your version, proof satan is dead or you believe they survived and who else, who wrote your book. your calling the Almighty a liar.

they were dead - when adam and eve were given their mission to accomplish the same. as the example to follow. triumph over evil.

King James Version

1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
and took them all away
the literature above is just awful those that wrote that are demonic and no such recording ever occurred until made for nefarious purposes in the 4th century ... you are waiting for your own demise.

you did not answer, nipper your version above - "and took them all away" - that would include satan as any other single soul it would have been theirs first rendered dead. so fear not and triumph over evil as the example of satans death, noah's parable and be admitted to the Everlasting of your own accord as a freed spirit. through triumph.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away
the literature above is just awful those that wrote that are demonic and no such recording ever occurred until made for nefarious purposes in the 4th century ... you are waiting for your own demise.

you did not answer, nipper your version above - "and took them all away" - that would include satan as any other single soul it would have been theirs first rendered dead. so fear not and triumph over evil as the example of satans death, noah's parable and be admitted to the Everlasting of your own accord as a freed spirit. through triumph.
Satan is not a human being. He is was and is still a cherub. The very angel GOD had placed in charge of this planet. And when Adam sinned Satan also then technically took possessed of him also.
Matthew 12:31-32

New International Version

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Last edited:
This is an attempt to confiscate what the Tin Man always already has, by a system based on myth, troubled spirit, guilt, fairy tales And non-existant entities. An atheist, for example, can also claim the same attributes afforded by religion. This is an excellent time of the year to prove such matters. Loitering, From Middle Dutch, loeteren ‘to wobble, to totter,’ means that the earth is now tilting on its trajectory.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

That's what men wrote that Jesus said. Several generations, if not hundreds of years after the facts.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

That's what men wrote that Jesus said. Several generations, if not hundreds of years after the facts.
The earliest was written ~25 years after His death. As to the rest, you seem to think that was unusual. It's not. In fact, if you compared it to other historical events, the number, timing and accuracy of the transcription blow every documents of every other ancient historical event out of the water. Try again, Timmy.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

Satan is not a human being. He is was and is still a cherub. The very angel GOD had placed in charge of this planet. And when Adam sinned Satan also then technically took possessed of him also.

31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
your 4th century version - you havn't a clue the meaning for the events referred to noah. the religion of antiquity, the Almighty not satan offered the apple. satan is dead, the liberation of humanity to find their own destiny.

anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
run christian - your book of forgeries and fallacies it's your decision.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

your 4th century version - you havn't a clue the meaning for the events referred to noah. the religion of antiquity, the Almighty not satan offered the apple. satan is dead, the liberation of humanity to find their own destiny.

anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.
Mock God at your own risk.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

The newest book of the Bible is REVELATION. And historically the book is likely to have been written about 96 AD.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

The newest book contained in the Bible is historically accepted to have been written through John (inspired by GOD) around 96 AD. Jesus is considered to have been crucified around 30 to 33 AD. This mean that there is a mere 63 year gap between the life of Jesus and the last book of the Bible. So, I would have to disagree with your assumption.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

I firmly perceive that you are deluding yourself. You are the one seemingly who has no clue of the events surrounding Noah. The Bible makes no reference to what the forbidden fruit was. However, it is interesting to note that Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves. So, it is just as likely that the forbidden tree could have been a FIG tree.

Ezekiel 28:11–19: (Here GOD highlights the fact that the king of Tyre was influenced/possessed of Satan, ---- as only Satan was once perfect and only Satan could have been in the garden of Eden. And only Satan was a cherub. Yet like Hitler, the king of Tyre became a form of Anti-Christ.

11 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.
14 You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
16 By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence within, and you sinned; therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God; and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the fiery stones.
17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, that they might gaze at you.
18 You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading; therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you.
19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; you have become a horror, and shall be no more forever.” ’ ”

Last edited:

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

I firmly perceive that you are deluding yourself. You are the one seemingly who has no clue of the events surrounding Noah. The Bible makes no reference to what the forbidden fruit was. However, it is interesting to note that Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves. So, it is just as likely that the forbidden tree could have been a FIG tree.

Ezekiel 28:11–19: (Here GOD highlights the fact that the king of Tyre was influenced/possessed of Satan, ---- as only Satan was once perfect and only Satan could have been in the garden of Eden. And only Satan was a cherub. Yet like Hitler, the king of Tyre became a form of Anti-Christ.

12 “Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and diamond, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes was prepared for you on the day you were created.
14 You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.
16 By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence within, and you sinned; therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God; and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the fiery stones.
17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor; I cast you to the ground, I laid you before kings, that they might gaze at you.
18 You defiled your sanctuaries by the multitude of your iniquities, by the iniquity of your trading; therefore I brought fire from your midst; it devoured you, and I turned you to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all who saw you.
19 All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; you have become a horror, and shall be no more forever.” ’ ”
The Bible makes no reference to what the forbidden fruit was.
there was no forbidden fruit that was an offering when accepted for their ascension through triumph for their own identity as freed spirits to live their lives as they would see fit by their own accord.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

there was no forbidden fruit that was an offering when accepted for their ascension through triumph for their own identity as freed spirits to live their lives as they would see fit by their own accord.
Well then, this is exactly what you wrote and I quote:

Man was tempted by Satan to become like GOD. Satan was so deluded and Satan hated humanity. Nothing can become like GOD because there is but ONE GOD.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

The newest book of the Bible is REVELATION. And historically the book is likely to have been written about 96 AD.

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

The newest book contained in the Bible is historically accepted to have been written through John (inspired by GOD) around 96 AD. Jesus is considered to have been crucified around 30 to 33 AD. This mean that there is a mere 63 year gap between the life of Jesus and the last book of the Bible. So, I would have to disagree with your assumption.
:link:

¿Recovering?

God put it there.
Why so angry, Taz?

View attachment 402685

King James Version

and took them all away

Well then, this is exactly what you wrote and I quote:

Man was tempted by Satan to become like GOD. Satan was so deluded and Satan hated humanity. Nothing can become like GOD because there is but ONE GOD.
that was written by you nipper - your post does not reflect the two versions ...

that is the idea to become like the Almighty in triumph over evil (death of satan) that is enabling to free ones spirit to reside in the Everlasting.

what humanity was there for satan to hate - the one today mimicking the forged christian bible, perhaps.
(Breeze Wood) - - your 4th century version - you havn't a clue the meaning for the events referred to noah. the religion of antiquity, the Almighty not satan offered the apple. satan is dead, the liberation of humanity to find their own destiny.
where is the discrepancy both are of choice yours to follow satan the other to accept the challenge from the Almighty - to free their souls and live their own lives.

The earliest was written ~25 years after His death. As to the rest, you seem to think that was unusual. It's not. In fact, if you compared it to other historical events, the number, timing and accuracy of the transcription blow every documents of every other ancient historical event out of the water. Try again, Timmy.
the christian bible was written 400 years after the events of the 1st century -
Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

exclusions and attributions are not recorded in that book nor do any original documents exist to draw from and no documents exist expressing the views of the primary character written by them and for those that are included as such are egregiously embellished through forgeries and fallacies for nefarious purposes in their renderings for that book.

in fact nothing is known of the 1st century religious itinerant from any other source than the fictitious christian bible.

the christian bible was written 400 years after the events of the 1st century -
Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.

exclusions and attributions are not recorded in that book nor do any original documents exist to draw from and no documents exist expressing the views of the primary character written by them and for those that are included as such are egregiously embellished through forgeries and fallacies for nefarious purposes in their renderings for that book.

in fact nothing is known of the 1st century religious itinerant from any other source than the fictitious christian bible.

From existing manuscripts of which the earliest was dated 25 years after the event. The number, timing and accuracy of those manuscripts are unparalleled in antiquity.

Forum List

Back