Catholicism keeps me sane in a crazy world

The world is crazy, but I know the answers to the most important questions, and that keeps me from going insane.

But what you understand under "Catholicism" is only a very very small bandwidth and what you say is often garnished with a clear stream of anti-Catholic elements.

But ask the people to ask you their most important questions. Then you will perhaps very fast find out that your only answer in some cases are sometimes only able to be some tears.

Last edited:
What I have is a faith so strong that it has kept me going through even the darkest bouts of despair.

I wanted to die, I wished for death, but even then I knew God loved me.

?
... Ah ... Got it: Yehoodie means Jew. ... This was new to me ... What do you like to say to me? ... "Who is Jewish?". That I am a German with Jewish ancestors I know on my own, Natzi.

Last edited:
Blackrook, me too.

My Catholicism is my home base. I always come back to it. When I'm abroad I always find a Catholic Church in which to worship, even when I don't understand the language.

But I must admit, I don't think a lot of Catholics "get it," including my Bishop and my Pope. But I do.

I always find Catholicism entertaining at best
hallopriest.jpg

My Catholicism is my home base. I always come back to it. When I'm abroad I always find a Catholic Church in which to worship, even when I don't understand the language.

But I must admit, I don't think a lot of Catholics "get it," including my Bishop and my Pope. But I do.
I think there have been some popes and bishop who get it, although from what I read I have personal doubts about the present pope. Jesus' way of life is what you bring into your own tiny bit of the world and the few relations (not the worlds' millions) that are allotted to one person.

i left Catholicism when in catacism class when i asked if i should bring a bible the priest said no....i will tell you everything you need to know.....and then danced around questions....
Were you asking the right questions?

The world is crazy, but I know the answers to the most important questions, and that keeps me from going insane.
NPR is good for that - having to deal with the crony republican / christian narratives using lies and deceit.

what are the right questions?.....
What is the greatest Commandment?
What is the Way?

What questions did you ask?
i was told Jesus was god here on earth.....i asked so who was god praying to in the garden?....who would god pray too?....the subject was quickly changed....
the 2nd commandment about using statues for religious purposes....you walk into a catholic church,people are on their knees in front of the Mary statue praying to her.....that was justified according to them that was different.....
the Pope is the closest person to God on the planet....they had many reasons why.....of course they would not talk about the wealth at the Vatican....the Pope puts his pants on like everyone else.....
i said if God truly exists he must be an alien from some where besides earth....they were appalled i would say such a thing....those were some of my questions....

i was told Jesus was god here on earth.....i asked so who was god praying to in the garden?....who would god pray too?....the subject was quickly changed....
Were you taught Jesus was both God and man? That Jesus often prayed to the Father. To offer the usual analogy: Does air cease to be air when it is inside a balloon, or does the balloon define the boundaries of the air within? When air is inside a balloon, does air cease to be outside the balloon? The teachings are that God is Creator; Word; and Spirit, that Creation occurred through the Word; that Spirit hovered over all. And yes, that is rather like describing nine dimensions to people who have a three dimensional existence. It is a struggle to understand what is beyond our ken.

With Jesus prayer in the garden, we see him, in human form and as all of humanity, reaching for that which is beyond human boundaries.

To whom do you think Jesus was praying?

My job is very stressful and sometimes I begin to freak out.

I pray to God, "Get me through today, God. Just get me through today."

So far, it's worked.

Forum List

Back