Carrying guns in public is protected by the 2nd Amendment....the Supreme Court ruling in New York permit case...

Having the right to keep and bear arms is not a license to commit a crime with the arm.

Just be a law abiding citizen and you will be OK.

If you are not a law abiding citizens then you are not going to obey any carry law anyhow.
Let’s compare now to how things will be. Now I have an unloaded gun in the car. It has to take a couple steps to load the gun. Like the ammo has to be separated from the gun. In the future I will be locked and loaded with it in the passengers seat. I like it

Let’s compare now to how things will be. Now I have an unloaded gun in the car. It has to take a couple steps to load the gun. Like the ammo has to be separated from the gun. In the future I will be locked and loaded with it in the passengers seat. I like it
Good for you. Now shut the fuck up about my Constitutional rights.

Why not put it on your hip? But that should be your choice.

Not sure what your point is?

Why not put it on your hip? But that should be your choice.

Not sure what your point is?
I think the supremes just made t so I’m not a mistake away from a felony. Now I’m scared I’m going to get pulled over. I don’t bring the paperwork with me. I’d have to find it. Am I breaking the law? I love it I will no longe4 have to worry about it.

Yep….. any mandatory requirement will be used to deny access to the Right…just like when you democrats used Literacy tests to deny the Right to vote
I listened to right wing radio all weekend. Then npr. It’s amazing how different they see things.

I think the supremes just made t so I’m not a mistake away from a felony. Now I’m scared I’m going to get pulled over. I don’t bring the paperwork with me. I’d have to find it. Am I breaking the law? I love it I will no longe4 have to worry about it.

Depends on the state........

Depends on the state........
Well my Republican controlled state senate and house should get it done. Will Whitmer sign it?

Remember republicans don’t want to make it that easy and legal for detroiters to carry around loaded guns.

In Illinois.... if you do not have a carry permit, you have to transport your gun and ammo seperated..........if you have a carry permit, you don't have to separate them.

Well my Republican controlled state senate and house should get it done. Will Whitmer sign it?
Remember republicans don’t want to make it that easy and legal for detroiters to carry around loaded guns.
Michigan already has shall-issue concealed carry.

Michigan already has shall-issue concealed carry.
I think this part is going away.

Michigan requires that any applicant for a concealed handgun license, prior to issuance of the license, complete a handgun safety training course certified by the state of Michigan or a national or state firearms training organization.15 Effective December 1, 2015, an applicant will be considered to have satisfied this requirement if he or she has passed an approved handgun safety training course within 5 years preceding the date of his or her application and all the other required conditions are met.16

Supremes said it’s unconstitutional to make us jump thru hoops

Ummmmm...the Hague? Or was that just in Captain America: Civil War?
[/the USA isn’t a member of, nor does it recognize the authority of the world court at The Hague. Their rulings have no authority within the borders of the USA.

SCOTUS overturns New York's conceal carry law, because it deprives people with "ordinary" self defense needs from equal access to enjoying their 2nd amendment rights, thereby violating the 14th amendment.

New York's law made it a crime to possess a gun without a license in one's own home. That is clearly unconstitutional, but this case likely won't have as much precedent value as some might hope (or fear).

In 6-3 ruling, court strikes down New York's concealed-carry law - SCOTUSblog
New York's Governor Hochul, said they will abide by the Supreme Court's ruling; however, they would restrict those that carry firearms from entering any locations her state government deems to be sensitive and various locations could be added to a list of "sensitive areas." The subway being one. Well, that would stop them from travelling, except on foot or in their own vehicle.

Forum List

Back