car AC/Heater not working

good call....now that I think about it, I might just take it in .......I tried a new fuse-no go ...I could probably fix it myself--the blower that is.....but, if I would need to check the blower like you said, that's more do buy and do
Looking at a fuse works about half the time...hairline cracks you can't really see well are enough to keep it from working so I always use a ohm's test to see if they are good.
If you get ohm's.... you are gold...don't need to change it. Usually with brush type motors a blower motor will burn up the fuse if it's the motor....but with today's brushless motors...nope.

But if the blower motor is old....the spindle can break away from the blades and no more fan. So you just replace the unit and go on.... maybe just the fan blades but it's probably made to where you need motor and fan blades altogether...integrated like that so the part is more expensive.

Looking at a fuse works about half the time...hairline cracks you can't really see well are enough to keep it from working so I always use a ohm's test to see if they are good.
If you get ohm's.... you are gold...don't need to change it. Usually with brush type motors a blower motor will burn up the fuse if it's the motor....but with today's brushless motors...nope.

But if the blower motor is old....the spindle can break away from the blades and no more fan. So you just replace the unit and go on.... maybe just the fan blades but it's probably made to where you need motor and fan blades altogether...integrated like that so the part is more expensive.
yes, it's an old car

I bet they put that stuff in your coolant to stop leaks at the factory that if the level goes down and an air pocket forms in the coolant line, it forms a blockage in your manifold!

I think gates puts a microchip and a tracking device in it.
You know how they can infiltrate everything.

Forum List

Back