Capitol insurrection hearings.

Eat a bag of dicks, fascist skank.....I'm not excusing any violence, up to and including the relatively minor incident that occurred on 6 Jan.

You, OTOH, uttered nary a peep when cited burned, lives destroyed, and people murdered last summer.

If you goons didn't have double standards, you'd have none at all.
Relatively minor. Thanks Scumball, you couldn’t have made my point better.

Eat a bag of dicks, fascist skank.....I'm not excusing any violence, up to and including the relatively minor incident that occurred on 6 Jan.

You, OTOH, uttered nary a peep when cited burned, lives destroyed, and people murdered last summer.

If you goons didn't have double standards, you'd have none at all.

EXACTLY!!!

Fuck you and your fucking double standards, fascist skank.

Oooh. Triggered. So easily, too.
Coyote doesn't do double standards.
She's been consistent ever since I've been here on this board.
You fuckers chant "Blue lives matter" and then you deny what happened on Jan. 6.
THAT IS A DOUBLE STANDARD, cockroach.

So now you're down to equating the destruction of the Weimer Republic with investigating Trump's insurrection? Look, I think the hearings are bullshit theatre, but both sides play. But man, you are fucked up.

So now you're down to equating the destruction of the Weimer Republic with investigating Trump's insurrection? Look, I think the hearings are bullshit theatre, but both sides play. But man, you are fucked up.
I said nothing about the destruction of the Weimer Republic. It does help to be able to read.

I was describing the Reichstag fire that the Nazi regime used for their political benefit

On February 27, 1933, the German parliament (Reichstag) building burned down due to arson. The Nazi leadership and its German Nationalist coalition partners exploited the fire to persuade President Paul von Hindenburg that Communists were planning a violent uprising to derail Germany’s "national renewal." They claimed that emergency legislation was needed to prevent this. Commonly known as the Reichstag Fire Decree, the resulting act “For the Protection of the People and State” abolished a number of constitutional protections and paved the way for Nazi dictatorship.

Using emergency constitutional powers, Adolf Hitler’s cabinet had issued a Decree for the Protection of the German People on February 4, 1933. This decree placed constraints on the press and authorized the police to ban political meetings and marches, effectively hindering electoral campaigning. A temporary measure, it was followed by a more dramatic and permanent suspension of civil rights following the February 27 burning of the parliament building.

Though the origins of the fire are still unclear, in a propaganda maneuver, the coalition government (Nazis and the German Nationalist People's Party) blamed the Communists. They exploited the Reichstag fire to secure President von Hindenburg’s approval for an emergency decree, the decree "For the Protection of the People and State" of February 28, one day after the burning of the Reichstag. Popularly known as the Reichstag Fire Decree, the regulations suspended the right to assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and other constitutional protections, including all restraints on police investigations.

Justified on the false premise that the Communists were planning an uprising to overthrow the state, the Reichstag Fire Decree permitted the regime to arrest and incarcerate political opponents without specific charge, dissolve political organizations, and to suppress publications. It also gave the central government the authority to overrule state and local laws and overthrow state and local governments.

It appears that this House Select Committee hearing is turning into a political circus where the focus is on painting the movement that believe the 2020 Presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump and manifested its belief about the election in the actions that took place at the Capitol on January 6th as deplorable Americans. An optimally prudent and good analysis of the current situation would conclude that the Select Committee is never going to be able to provide a thorough and optimally good study of what transpired on Jan. 6th because it cannot get the full input from the protestors because they cannot testify en masse because they will criminally incriminate themselves if they do so; America will have to wait to get such a study around ten to fifteen years from now when a balanced President on this matter pardons all the protesters except for ones that caused true serious bodily injury or stole significantly important things from the Capitol which would then enable these protesters to fully testify to an investigative committee. It was hoped for that the House Select Committee could at least get permanent records of key players in the whole incident like the many security personnel and security authorities that had a role in this whole incident because when the pardons come down and there is able to be a truly good investigation these security people testimony may then be less that fully valuable because of the time that transpired. These select committee hearings should be held like good grand jury hearing and lawyers the specialize in grand jury investigations should do the lion share of the questioning. It is a joke witnesses giving opening statements where they embark on taking sides in the whole matter, it doesn't matter how valid their point of view. It is a joke when witnesses are asked how they feel about what the protestors did and Republican politicians inappropriate comments about the incident; the witness should be questioned about what they heard, observed and what transpired on that day and the run up to that and their professional assessments of the incident they should not be permitted to go on diatribe about the character depravity of the members of the mob and Americans that sanction that abhorrent behavior!
You're mixing up legal hearing with congressional hearing. Congressional hearings are purely political - they have no authority to convict or sentence.

This is just a political circus - but it's a circus where the elephants deserve to be whipped!!!

Relatively minor. Thanks Scumball, you couldn’t have made my point better.
Your mom should be shocked and outraged, though perhaps the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
I didn't vote for him in either election....Neither love nor hate the man, which is far more than haters like you can say.

I have an investment in consistently applied standards, which you obviously don't.

What standards? All I see is spew and bile.

See Post #55 and memorize it Comrade!

So these videos are all fake and manufactured under some Democratic conspiracy to boost Trump's BIG LIE???

What have you done all your life before Trump came along and filled that tremendous void inside your head?

I notice none of you dickless, mindless cockroaches are giving counter argument about what you think (and I use that word loosely) really happened.
You fuckers are lost souls.

I didn't vote for him in either election....Neither love nor hate the man, which is far more than haters like you can say.

I have an investment in consistently applied standards, which you obviously don't.
Your posting history indicates otherwise.

What standards? All I see is spew and bile.

Question. Why do leftists apply terms and avatars to themselves that clearly don't fit?

I'd suggest they represent a goal of some sort, but that's it at all. What it means is they live within boundaries of fabrications.

Forum List

Back