...sort of a J6 Public Service announcement...

"Democrats needed to stop the floor discussion of the irregularities in the vote, which not coincidently was beginning to occur at that very moment."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if I understand poster BJ correctly --- she is alleging that those thousands of attackers were really Democrats attempting to stop the Electoral College ballot counting?

Who knew?

That violent crowd is one of the most amazingly chameleon-like crowds I've ever witnessed.
For example, we've morphed through:

• Concerned citizens trying to 'Stop-the-Steal'
  • Normal visiting tourists.
  • Participants in 'legitimate political discourse'.
  • ANTIFA
  • BLM
  • FBI
  • Pelosi False Flaggers
  • Dupes of Ray Epps
  • And now ------ it was Democrats beating the police, stealing laptops, and pooping on the floors!

ps......if any of the lurkers and contributors here want to be better informed about J6, well, try to watch the recent PBS Frontline special.....'Democracy On Trial'. It is informative and enlightening as it prepares all of us for what we will see when the criminal trials of Don Trump begin.

I love this bar!

They're wanting evidence not sources. They need help investigating claims of ballot trafficking.
How bout you spend a minute to read the article instead of kneej-jerk reaction reply?
Ive read enough of what Geirgia did to ignore them.

They attacked True the Vote in the courts and LOST. 360000 change of addesses still on the voter rolls.

Honest, poster Eagle, I'm sincere. Watch Frontline's doc on 'Democracy on Trial'.

I expect it will inform and spur productive discussion on this politics forum.

Here:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I thought a new documentary was coming out soon.

Well, it is sooner than I thought. It's tonight. On PBS. And it is a 'Frontline' documentary. It's called 'Democracy on Trial'.

Here's a perspective on it:

buffalonews.com

Alan Pergament: Frontline's 'Democracy on Trial' is must-see TV for all voters

buffalonews.com
buffalonews.com
I watched it.

Blunt (and shallow) take: It's a not-so-sneak preview of the trial that is scheduled for this year, but is now in legal purgatory. Kudos to the makers' efforts to push against the "That's so 3 years ago", natural force.

Deeper:

The "honest mistake" defense (Trump's Alamo) is undermined from the start, as they show Donnie playing the same cards in 2012 and 2016 as he did in 2020. The plans he so vainly carried out in January of 2021 didn't "Just occur to him based on compelling evidence". He had tried to run the same con previously, per the facts in evidence.

The makers kept to two principles:

• The documentary unfolds in chronological order.
  • They keep a distant view. They observe the committee and its findings and ask experts about the legal morass that is being observed.

I.E., journalism.

And again they highlight the parade of Republicans who present factual testimony.

Liz Cheney's decision to quit instead of go along to get along is again highlighted.

And again we are reminded that Trump showed the world that he was fine with what was happening in the Capitol.

It's well done overall, with sparse narration and a good coverage of the slow coup (Trump's telegraphed punch) and the fast part: the quick transition from, "Huge crowd mostly refusing to pass through the mags", to, "A force attacking the Capitol."

My sage opinion: The telegraphed punch won't land, next time.

Last edited:
"It's a not-so-sneak preview of the trial that is scheduled for this year,"

Thank you for that analysis, FFI.

And yes, I agree......the documentary was a road-map of what America will see when Don Trump goes to trial over J6. The producers gave us the prosecutors arguments, and then counterposed them against an articulate lawyer who had defended Don Trump in one of his impeachment trials. It was a good presentation of "But-on-the-other-hand" arguments.

But as I watched it I was again struck by the revelation of the subterfuge of the "spontaneous" march to the Capitol.

It clearly was not. There was no spontaneity about it whatsoever. Trump and his team of enablers had been planning such a march for days if not weeks. And they took great pains to keep it secret. Never applied for the required legal permits. Took pains to ensure that none of the 'people-in-the-know' alerted the Capitol police, the DC police, or the Parks police.

There can be no other conclusion than they WANTED the Capitol Police, and other forces, to be unprepared, undermanned, and not armored-up. They wanted them to be overwhelmed and defeated.

THAT is not responsible leadership of our country. It is a dereliction of duty by any Commander-in-Chief. It is mendacious. And, in my non-lawyer opinion ----it is criminal.

We'll see how my opinion fares when this thing goes to trial.

*** For other readers here --- if you have not seen the Frontline documentary "Democracy on Trial", well, I would recommend to try to see it. Look for it on PBS's 'Passport' feature. Or any streaming service that may have it. Or watch your local PBS listings as they often will re-run big important documentaries.

Thank you for that analysis, FFI.

And yes, I agree......the documentary was a road-map of what America will see when Don Trump goes to trial over J6. The producers gave us the prosecutors arguments, and then counterposed them against an articulate lawyer who had defended Don Trump in one of his impeachment trials. It was a good presentation of "But-on-the-other-hand" arguments.

But as I watched it I was again struck by the revelation of the subterfuge of the "spontaneous" march to the Capitol.

It clearly was not. There was no spontaneity about it whatsoever. Trump and his team of enablers had been planning such a march for days if not weeks. And they took great pains to keep it secret. Never applied for the required legal permits. Took pains to ensure that none of the 'people-in-the-know' alerted the Capitol police, the DC police, or the Parks police.

There can be no other conclusion than they WANTED the Capitol Police, and other forces, to be unprepared, undermanned, and not armored-up. They wanted them to be overwhelmed and defeated.

THAT is not responsible leadership of our country. It is a dereliction of duty by any Commander-in-Chief. It is mendacious. And, in my non-lawyer opinion ----it is criminal.

We'll see how my opinion fares when this thing goes to trial.

*** For other readers here --- if you have not seen the Frontline documentary "Democracy on Trial", well, I would recommend to try to see it. Look for it on PBS's 'Passport' feature. Or any streaming service that may have it. Or watch your local PBS listings as they often will re-run big important documentaries.
I watched on YouTube.

Forum List

Back