Capitalism exists to oppress the bottom and protect the top - change my mind

You know that I’m doing very well and likely better than you. And if not that puts you in the top half of the top 1%. Nice job if so. I don’t think the top 1% is a measure of whether capitalism is working regardless of my position in it. I would say that you are as strong as your weakest link and if we can’t bring up the bottom we are not doing our best. Assuming everyone not making it is an underachiever is an excuse to excuse away a failing system.
Based on the huge number of "help wanted" signs around the country I'd say the system is working just fine. Now if all those unemployed people would just learn how to read those signs...

This is classic leftwing loserthink. It's the idea that one MUST have an employer. The last time I worked for someone else, I was 31 years old. I was a high school math teacher making $20,000 a year. My wife and I had put together our incomes to buy a new house. After a year, we talked to our builder about a doing a covered driveway. A casual comment he made changed my life. He said, "Your house has probably risen $15,000 in value since you bought it." Bingo. That was 3/4 my salary. For doing nothing but living in a house. As a teacher, it didn't matter if I worked hard or not, I still made the same $20,000. I decided from that moment on I was going to get into the house business, and get 10 houses. And more after that. My income depended solely on the work, effort, and smarts I put into it. And thus is the beauty of capitalism. Anyone with average intelligence can do the same. You don't have to sit on your brains bitching online about being screwed by "the man". You can be the man.
I don’t WANT to have a penis

Based on the huge number of "help wanted" signs around the country I'd say the system is working just fine. Now if all those unemployed people would just learn how to read those signs...
I am SKILLED at working with CHILDREN

36 1/2 years

Why should I be a cashier at TARGET?

Which BTW I have done before

I am SKILLED at working with CHILDREN

36 1/2 years

Why should I be a cashier at TARGET?

Which BTW I have done before
A cashiers job at Target would be a godsend for some.

A mother of two small boys I knew got divorced and having no means of support from her ex (who moved out of state) took a job as a cashier in a large supermarket chain. It paid her rent, bought food, and provided health insurance for them.

Last edited:
Running a company is a huge risk; a risk a lot of people won't take. Why would you take on these risks, these responsibilities, work endless hours to make nearly as much as you pay your labor? That would make no sense at all. Nobody would want to open up a business in a system like that. They would sooner just look for a job.
Only my personal experience cant speak for others But we CHOSE working for our self's, & yes some times employees made more than us. WE thrived on being our own boss competing with ours self's to increase revenue. learning always learning. Not EVERY ONE wants this, Many are willing to put in the hours required at their job. but when the day ends like the freedom to walk away go home & forget the job. One thing we did not do was demand employees do more or get less in the interest of constantly increasing our own bottom line.

A cashiers job at Target would be a godsend for some.

A mother of two small boys I knew got divorced and having no means of support from her ex (who moved out of state) took a job as a cashier in a large supermarket chain. It paid her rent, bought food, and provided health insurance for them.
NOTHING WRONG with being a cashier at target. Someone has to do all the jobs that we need done, and thank you for doing the ones I don't want to do.

One thing we did not do was demand employees do more or get less in the interest of constantly increasing our own bottom line.
Who does that? Increased productivity with no matching compensation? Where? When? Shirley, they must have been Communists!

Wrong.
Mutual Funds do not at all represent wealth.
You do not get to own a share of the company.
You just own a piece of paper, which is only valuable if some other idiot is foolish enough to want to pay for it.

Wrong, comrade.
If I sell a mutual fund, I'm selling it back to the issuer, not another individual.

Congrats. However you need to learn the difference in outliers and statistics. I don’t know where you fall but the bottom 90% have seen massive share loss in income and wealth. That doesn’t mean everyone. But massively almost everyone.
View attachment 678902View attachment 678903View attachment 678904

I don’t know where you fall but the bottom 90% have seen massive share loss in income and wealth.

Massive share loss?
If I double my income and triple my wealth but some other guy did better, I had a "share loss"?

Charming

Women earn MUCH LESS than men

Always have

Depends on which women and men you're talking about. Some women earn much more than men.

1659886342052.png

Forum List

Back