Capitalism exists to oppress the bottom and protect the top - change my mind

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
We are in a current situation where the workers at the bottom cannot get a raise of share in the economy without those in power taking it back from them.
  • The rising wages at the bottom are seen as an evil trend destabilizing the economy
  • Company profit margins being higher than ever (basically rising wages at the top) is seen as economically healthy and good
  • Companies have raised prices to protect profit margins to historical highs during supply issues taking advantage of shortages in the marketplace is seen as good
  • The Uber wealthy continue to accumulate wealth in tough pandemic times and good times (pre and post pandemic) and no one cares
  • The answer from those in power will be to raise interest rates, slow the economy to create unemployment hurting the bottom, again
  • Tax rates on workers and capital continue to favor capital owners
  • Unrealized wealth is only accumulated by the top - hell wealth is only accumulated at the top where top 10% own 89% of the wealth
  • CEOs are making a historical multiplier over their workers salary, north of 270X’s
***Mod Comment - Need to provide links to back up statements made as facts. That's in the forum rules.***

I owe my livelihood to capitalism and make top 1% money but it is the systemic exploitation of the bottom through very powerful controls of capital at the top. There needs to be a more balanced playing field.

How can people who work with their way through life get the same breaks as those who own their way through life? No one wants to take shit away… they want a fair shake.

7DA926CF-5163-4E0C-B2E9-BBF5ED956CC7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in a current situation where the workers at the bottom cannot get a raise of share in the economy without those in power taking it back from them.
  • The rising wages at the bottom are seen as an evil trend destabilizing the economy
  • Company profit margins being higher than ever (basically rising wages at the top) is seen as economically healthy and good
  • Companies have raised prices to protect profit margins to historical highs during supply issues taking advantage of shortages in the marketplace is seen as good
  • The Uber wealthy continue to accumulate wealth in tough pandemic times and good times (pre and post pandemic) and no one cares
  • The answer from those in power will be to raise interest rates, slow the economy to create unemployment hurting the bottom, again
  • Tax rates on workers and capital continue to favor capital owners
  • Unrealized wealth is only accumulated by the top - hell wealth is only accumulated at the top where top 10% own 89% of the wealth
  • CEOs are making a historical multiplier over their workers salary, north of 270X’s
I owe my livelihood to capitalism and make top 1% money but it is the systemic exploitation of the bottom through very powerful controls of capital at the top. There needs to be a more balanced playing field.

How can people who work with their way through life get the same breaks as those who own their way through life? No one wants to take shit away… they want a fair shake.

View attachment 656573
You’re free to leave anytime.
Meanwhile 2 million illegals with nothing but the shirts on their backs cross our border.
Maybe you should build a wall to help those fools from entering oppression filled Amerkkka.

Being as there is no country or system that actually practices capitalism it's a complicated argument.

You’re free to leave anytime.
Meanwhile 2 million illegals with nothing but the shirts on their backs cross our border.
Maybe you should build a wall to help those fools from entering oppression filled Amerkkka.
Fail. I’m looking for intelligent discussion not political bullshit.

I think the key is for people, all of us, to shake off the slave mentality. And that's not going to be easy when so many of our institutions are vested in maintaining that mindset. The government, corporations, big labor, etc ... all have an interest in keeping us thinking like slaves. They have convinced us that they, and they alone, have they key to a better life - that our only hope is to follow them.

Name a better system? I fully support helping the poor and taxing the rich more to pay for improvements in society.
I suspect simply leveling the playing field so if your wealth increases it is seen as wages as if you worked with your hands. That’s a start. How to employ that I don’t know. Open to ideas.

Capitalism is the best, most dynamic, most innovative, most collaborative, most liberating economic system known to man. But it is not a simple, static thing. The problem with it currently is in the way it's being applied.

Ironically, many of the Right who claim to love capitalism have perverted it into something that is making many people look for other options. That's because they don't understand it is not an all-or-nothing, binary system.

Last edited:
Unrealized wealth is only accumulated by the top - hell wealth is only accumulated at the top where top 10% own 89% of the wealth

Does this number count Mutual Funds or corporations as individuals? Cause I've seen that used as a way to mislead the issue, while that wealth is actually held by a lot of middle class people, such as myself.

I suspect simply leveling the playing field so if your wealth increases it is seen as wages as if you worked with your hands. That’s a start. How to employ that I don’t know. Open to ideas.

Something I've noticed, as I have built wealth, is that is you do anything with your money to build wealth, you are taxed at every step, as though the government is trying to stop you.

I moved and kept my old house as a rental. I put a lot of work into it, to improve it. Every ouch of supplies I bought to do that with, I bought with money I earned in my job, each dollar taxed.

All the supplies I bought, taxed.

As I increased the value of the rental, the taxes increased.

When I sold it, I paid taxes on the increase in value, some of which was based on materials that were already taxed when I bought them and put in with my labor.

Now, I took that money and invested it in a mutual fund. Paid taxes on that purchase. If I make money there, I will pay taxes on it.

Something to consider.

Does this number count Mutual Funds or corporations as individuals? Cause I've seen that used as a way to mislead the issue, while that wealth is actually held by a lot of middle class people, such as myself.
Appreciate the comment but it’s really only held by top 10%. 90% of America doesn’t have meaningful capital in savings.

Something I've noticed, as I have built wealth, is that is you do anything with your money to build wealth, you are taxed at every step, as though the government is trying to stop you.

I moved and kept my old house as a rental. I put a lot of work into it, to improve it. Every ouch of supplies I bought to do that with, I bought with money I earned in my job, each dollar taxed.

All the supplies I bought, taxed.

As I increased the value of the rental, the taxes increased.

When I sold it, I paid taxes on the increase in value, some of which was based on materials that were already taxed when I bought them and put in with my labor.

Now, I took that money and invested it in a mutual fund. Paid taxes on that purchase. If I make money there, I will pay taxes on it.

Something to consider.
No doubt there are taxes. They just aren’t equivalent to money earned laboring. All they money you earned.. if it met holding over a certain time was taxes at much lower rates than if you labored for the money.

The answer is simple: Just move to Cuba or North Korea. Everybody is equal there--equally poor. You don't have to worry about rich people because just about the only rich in countries like that are the government. It sounds like a perfect solution to your problem.

The answer is simple: Just move to Cuba or North Korea. Everybody is equal there--equally poor. You don't have to worry about rich people because just about the only rich in countries like that are the government. It sounds like a perfect solution to your problem.
I’m looking for intelligent discussion. If you don’t have any that’s fine. I’m not impressed with your admission that you don’t have one.

Forum List

Back