Candace Owens refused covid test by private facility

She is entitled to her opinion and the rejection is likely illegal since the facility collects govt monies for the test.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It wasn't only her opinions that doomed her. It was her outsized forum that did her in. Making a living with the harmful lies, coupled with some ramped up anxiety by medical professionals (because the case numbers are fucking insane).

As for basic ethics: I probably have to side with her on this one. Yes, we do have to suffer even the most nauseating people. For they ARE people. And, if I must appeal to those low on basic human empathy or the reductionists: by virtue of being human beings, people like Candace Owen are vectors for covid. No opinion of her changes this. So be adults and give her the test. Then, if you like, tell her how abhorrent her lies and behavior are, regarding the pandemic, and how they harm people. Welcome to adulting. Rant over.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It wasn't only her opinions that doomed her. It was her outsized forum that did her in. Making a living with the harmful lies, coupled with some ramped up anxiety by medical professionals (because the case numbers are fucking insane).

As for basic ethics: I probably have to side with her on this one. Yes, we do have to suffer even the most nauseating people. For they ARE people. And, if I must appeal to those low on basic human empathy or the reductionists: by virtue of being human beings, people like Candace Owen are vectors for covid. No opinion of her changes this. So be adults and give her the test. Then, if you like, tell her how abhorrent her lies and behavior are, regarding the pandemic, and how they harm people. Welcome to adulting. Rant over.
You cut the rest of my statement because it didn’t fit your rhetoric. You’re back to being an asshole. Congratulations

You cut the rest of my statement because it didn’t fit your rhetoric. You’re back to being an asshole. Congratulations
No, i responded to one statement. And agreed with it. Then gave my opinion. That's all. I am not always going to directly respond to every sentence of every post. Sorry.

You sure? Like, that's written into the contract?
So are you saying that
You sure? Like, that's written into the contract?

You take government money you cant pick and chose who you can or cannot test. She could have a case to sue and she should. If the testing company wants to chose then don’t take government money.

Yet somehow, people performing services have a "right" demand that you to receive medical procedures and/or take drugs that you don't want.
You too huh?

It's like I'm in a zombie movie, watching people "turn".

Now you've joined the ranks of those who think that "free market" means that businesses should be free to do whatever you want them to do.

Last edited:
You too huh?

It's like I'm in a zombie movie, watching people "turn".

Now you've joined the ranks of those who think that "free market" means that businesses should be free to do whatever you want them to do.
Businesses are in bed with Big government. If coca cola is our friends and buddies with Santa Claus on their soda bottles some decades ago and now tells the population to not act white, which is mistaken for Americana then they mean nothing anymore. Trust is comfort. The mistrust in corporations is growing even if needed to different degrees by the population.

Businesses are in bed with Big government. If coca cola is our friends and buddies with Santa Claus on their soda bottles some decades ago and now tells the population to not act white, which is mistaken for Americana then they mean nothing anymore. Trust is comfort. The mistrust in corporations is growing even if needed to different degrees by the population.
Daniel?

Do you understand the question? I'll try it again - who would be responsible for violating your rights if you couldn't get the health care you think you need? Would it be the doctor closest to you? All of them? Society as a whole? Who is harming you if you can't get the health care you need?
I understand the question. Its hypothetical so there could be many different answers.

I understand the question. Its hypothetical so there could be many different answers.
I think the bottom line is, you're just using the word "right" differently. I think of it as a Constitutionally protected freedom. I think you're just using it as "something everyone should get for free", from somewhere, I guess.

This is because she has been so active in spreading covid lies through the pandemic.

Well I understand the clinics decision but even idiots have the right to be tested. If Ms Owens was lucky enough to live in a country with proper healthcare she would not be turned away. Our NHS treats all folk, rich or poor, normal or crazy.
This clinic broke the law.

Forum List

Back