Canadian "scholar of violent conflict" Thomas Homer-Dixon predicts Trump is re-elected in 2024 & US becomes a dictatorship and a threat to Canada

Its comments like that that prove Progs and Saul Alinsky are intertwined. The dumb Prog broad Supervisor of elections in her county in Florida who approved of ballots that moved the candidate up one line cost Gore thousands and thousands of votes. the race was called by news outlets for W. with the panhandle still open. Thousands of people did not vote because of it. And in a close race, why the hell did Al Gore lose his home state in a Presidential election? He wins Tennessee and he is President. Florida means nothing. But the truth is, Progs were ballot harvesting then and made the race closer than it was.
You sound like that McCarthy guy back in the day who accused anyone who disagreed with him as being a commy. Red scare?

And let's compare 2000 with 2018. Bush lost the popular vote. It was close. Came down to one state and his brother was the governor of that state.

Trump lost 5 swing states. You claim all 5 were rigged? Boy that would be one big tough conspiracy theory to suggest that many states were in on the steal.

But you can't get yourself to see Jeb stole Florida for George. That's beyond comprehension but any lie Trump says, you believe.

You swallow that position and repeat it like it's gospel. You're the idiot. You remind me of people who loved Reagan. He was fucking my generation in the 80's but people in the 80's didn't care about 40 years from now. You're clueless on so many levels we should just stop the back and forths. I'd have to go back and wipe your brainwashed mind like a chalk board.

Talk about clueless, you support the dems who are pushing this country towards a dictatorship.

Enjoy the gulag you stupid twit.

Yiu deserve it.

Talk about clueless, you support the dems who are pushing this country towards a dictatorship.

Yiu deserve it.
Dictatorship? We are okay with losing every 4-8 years. Seems you are not. Glad George Washington wasn't like Trump he would have accepted Kingship.

Didn’t know the Donald had thrown his hat in the ring? Apparently the wokers are still pissing all over themselves and suffering severe anxiety about the possibility. Maybe if they paid more attention toward the issues and what’s important to the average household it wouldn’t haunt them.

Didn’t know the Donald had thrown his hat in the ring? Apparently the wokers are still pissing all over themselves and suffering severe anxiety about the possibility. Maybe if they paid more attention toward the issues and what’s important to the average household it wouldn’t haunt them.
I've been saying this for months now. All he'll have to do to start violent conflict is to ANNOUNCE HE IS RUNNING. Watch it happen.

I find it weird that you support a Globalist Fascist takeover of our country.
I believe that Justin Trudeau, the Sears catalog model, already beat Homer Dixon to the whole "fascist
Canadian state" thing.

Yiu deserve it.
If the election were today I would actually prefer Ron DeSantis but would vote for Trump just to
see some of these mentally unbalanced mongoloids' heads explode.

Let's start building a federal penitentiary in Guam to handle the overflow of insane Trump haters
that's sure to come.
Because the man the democrats all wanted so bad that they went out and stole the presidency
is dead in the water, even if his crack head low life son wasn't an anchor around pervert Joe's neck,
which he is.

The next year and a half will be real interesting for the democrats. Because they deserve all the
ulcer attacks and nervous breakdowns coming their way.
Maybe Facebook Boy can come up
some illegal scheme again. But we all know That won't happen. They shot that wad.

But, everyone's fucked up. There's no one who isn't.

You're brainwashed and don't even realize it. You'll attack anyone except the real culprits. I'm starting to see a pattern here. Trump is a scoundrel, attack Trudeau. This is a right wing/corporate technique. When they do wrong, attack the other side. Make it about them. For example if I say corporations need to go Green you'll cry about Al Gore's 3 houses.
So, the question becomes the priorities - which is the biggest problem? Or set of problems?

I divide the answer into three time frames: acute (immediate), policy (medium range), and chronic (strategic).

For example, riots are acute. They have to be handled immediately.

Things like liberals propagandizing to children, are chronic, long range and strategic.

That leaves the vast area in the middle, which is more or less the day to day job of our elected idiots.

Dictatorship? We are okay with losing every 4-8 years. Seems you are not. Glad George Washington wasn't like Trump he would have accepted Kingship.
I don't care about Trump. Really I don't. As near as I can tell he was just "a horse" for the righties. ("My kingdom for a horse", kind of thing). He was just the only horse that happened to be around at the time. (The rest of the animals were all mules of various kinds). Now there's two horses, him and DeSantis, and we'll see which one the righties end up liking better.

All that, doesn't much concern me. One way or the other. Trump was not the devil, he was just a businessman, he came up through the corrupt mob controlled real estate business on the east coast.

What concerns me though, is the CONFIDENCE in the vote. Not the integrity itself, but the confidence in the integrity.

That vote, has not been explained, and it needs to be.

I don't fucking care about Trump, not trying to bring him back and dont want to change the election outcome.

But those curves have to be explained. They're very weird, stuff like that doesn't happen. Or shouldn't

I don't care about Trump. Really I don't. As near as I can tell he was just "a horse" for the righties. ("My kingdom for a horse", kind of thing). He was just the only horse that happened to be around at the time. (The rest of the animals were all mules of various kinds). Now there's two horses, him and DeSantis, and we'll see which one the righties end up liking better.

All that, doesn't much concern me. One way or the other. Trump was not the devil, he was just a businessman, he came up through the corrupt mob controlled real estate business on the east coast.

What concerns me though, is the CONFIDENCE in the vote. Not the integrity itself, but the confidence in the integrity.

That vote, has not been explained, and it needs to be.

I don't fucking care about Trump, not trying to bring him back and dont want to change the election outcome.

But those curves have to be explained. They're very weird, stuff like that doesn't happen. Or shouldn't
Since I agree with you 100% if you were talking about 2000, I’m going to say regardless, I agree. I fear elections are rigged too. If we both fear it, something needs to be done.

The opinion in the Canadian newspaper by Thomas Homer-Dixon, a political scientist, stating that Canada must prepare for America becoming an authoritarian state made me want to cry and rage simultaneously. This country has fallen unimaginably far. The world is watching.

excerpts:

We mustn’t dismiss these possibilities just because they seem ludicrous or too horrible to imagine. In 2014, the suggestion that Donald Trump would become president would also have struck nearly everyone as absurd. But today we live in a world where the absurd regularly becomes real and the horrible commonplace.

I’m a scholar of violent conflict. For more than 40 years, I’ve studied and published on the causes of war, social breakdown, revolution, ethnic violence and genocide, and for nearly two decades I led a centre on peace and conflict studies at the University of Toronto.

Today, as I watch the unfolding crisis in the United States, I see a political and social landscape flashing with warning signals.

I’m not surprised by what’s happening there – not at all. During my graduate work in the United States in the 1980s, I sometimes listened to Rush Limbaugh, the right-wing radio talk show host and later television personality. I remarked to friends at the time that, with each broadcast, it was if Mr. Limbaugh were wedging the sharp end of a chisel into a faint crack in the moral authority of U.S. political institutions, and then slamming the other end of that chisel with a hammer.

In the decades since, week after week, year after year, Mr. Limbaugh and his fellow travelers have hammered away – their blows’ power lately amplified through social media and outlets such as Fox News and Newsmax. The cracks have steadily widened, ramified, connected and propagated deeply into America’s once-esteemed institutions, profoundly compromising their structural integrity. The country is becoming increasingly ungovernable, and some experts believe it could descend into civil war

Two other material factors are key. The first is demographic: as immigration, aging, intermarriage and a decline in church-going have reduced the percentage of non-Hispanic white Christians in America, right-wing ideologues have inflamed fears that traditional U.S. culture is being erased and whites are being “replaced.” The second is pervasive elite selfishness: The wealthy and powerful in America are broadly unwilling to pay the taxes, invest in the public services, or create the avenues for vertical mobility that would lessen their country’s economic, educational, racial and geographic gaps. The more an under-resourced government can’t solve everyday problems, the more people give up on it, and the more they turn to their own resources and their narrow identity groups for safety.

A troop of Brownies would be a threat to Canada.

The opinion in the Canadian newspaper by Thomas Homer-Dixon, a political scientist, stating that Canada must prepare for America becoming an authoritarian state made me want to cry and rage simultaneously. This country has fallen unimaginably far. The world is watching.

excerpts:

We mustn’t dismiss these possibilities just because they seem ludicrous or too horrible to imagine. In 2014, the suggestion that Donald Trump would become president would also have struck nearly everyone as absurd. But today we live in a world where the absurd regularly becomes real and the horrible commonplace.

I’m a scholar of violent conflict. For more than 40 years, I’ve studied and published on the causes of war, social breakdown, revolution, ethnic violence and genocide, and for nearly two decades I led a centre on peace and conflict studies at the University of Toronto.

Today, as I watch the unfolding crisis in the United States, I see a political and social landscape flashing with warning signals.

I’m not surprised by what’s happening there – not at all. During my graduate work in the United States in the 1980s, I sometimes listened to Rush Limbaugh, the right-wing radio talk show host and later television personality. I remarked to friends at the time that, with each broadcast, it was if Mr. Limbaugh were wedging the sharp end of a chisel into a faint crack in the moral authority of U.S. political institutions, and then slamming the other end of that chisel with a hammer.

In the decades since, week after week, year after year, Mr. Limbaugh and his fellow travelers have hammered away – their blows’ power lately amplified through social media and outlets such as Fox News and Newsmax. The cracks have steadily widened, ramified, connected and propagated deeply into America’s once-esteemed institutions, profoundly compromising their structural integrity. The country is becoming increasingly ungovernable, and some experts believe it could descend into civil war

Two other material factors are key. The first is demographic: as immigration, aging, intermarriage and a decline in church-going have reduced the percentage of non-Hispanic white Christians in America, right-wing ideologues have inflamed fears that traditional U.S. culture is being erased and whites are being “replaced.” The second is pervasive elite selfishness: The wealthy and powerful in America are broadly unwilling to pay the taxes, invest in the public services, or create the avenues for vertical mobility that would lessen their country’s economic, educational, racial and geographic gaps. The more an under-resourced government can’t solve everyday problems, the more people give up on it, and the more they turn to their own resources and their narrow identity groups for safety.

Proof a PhD cannot confer or indicate intelligence and that academia is full of over educated idiots.

excerpts:

He's right.... eventually the US will annex the rest of North America...under some Latino Union that may well include Mexico too. Canada is already failing badly and by that time will welcome it as as rescue.

He's right.... eventually the US will annex the rest of North America...under some Latino Union that may well include Mexico too. Canada is already failing badly and by that time will welcome it as as rescue.
What could be wrong with that? We can keep our sovereignty but open up the Americas.

And then I could go to Colombia and get cocaine that doesn't have Fentynol in it.

What could be wrong with that? We can keep our sovereignty but open up the Americas.

And then I could go to Colombia and get cocaine that doesn't have Fentynol in it.
Not sure about right or wrong just that it is most likely inevitable. Frankly it makes perfect sense.

Not sure about right or wrong just that it is most likely inevitable. Frankly it makes perfect sense.

I don't like the idea of letting Mexican truckers in to America. Do they have insurance? And then they're competing with American truckers.

But eventually I guess truckers are going to have to deal with that. Perhaps they should organize with their southern brothers.

I don't like the idea of letting Mexican truckers in to America. Do they have insurance? And then they're competing with American truckers.

But eventually I guess truckers are going to have to deal with that. Perhaps they should organize with their southern brothers.
Hopefully...
I don't see much of a future for Unions I'm afraid. Wealth Osmosis is like a social steam roller and a natural force that is damn hard to counter.

Forum List

Back