Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?

The O.T. God has been described as the vilest God imaginable.

The N.T. shows Jesus as a much softer and gentler and loving God.

Many say that Jesus is God even though there are many who dispute that notion for a number of good reasons.

For this O P, I will assume that there is a Trinity. If you are a Trinitarian, then you would have to see the non-judgemental Jesus who would not even stone a prostitute, as the judgemental O.T. God of Noah’s day, --- who will even drown babies and children.

How do you reconcile the O.T. God with the kind, gentle and forgiving Jesus?

Some will point to a new covenant but God himself says that nothing he says will ever be retract and Jesus himself referred back to the old covenant in the bible so let’s not argue that please.

Can you picture Jesus doing the vile things that scriptures say he did in the O.T.?

Regards
DL

No more need to 'reconcile' Tanach with Christianity than with Islam, Mormonism, Scientology, or anyone/anything else.

G-d is G-d. Everyone else is charlatan.

20 And God spoke all these words:
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
- Exodus 20

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord
- Deuteronomy 6

13 [a]If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
- Deuteronomy 13

Context does not explain why a God who can cure as well as kill chooses to kill instead of cure and takes the satanic moral low ground instead of the moral high ground.

Try again.

Regards
DL

Why not complain about mortality altogether?
Live forever and never get sick.
In fact, never get hungry, tired, thirsty, cold, hot, run out of breathe.
In fact, why did God create a creature that even needs to breathe?

Where do he complaints begin or end?

We were immortal until the original sin.

This is not scriptural. At no time are A & E shown eating from the tree of life. Keeping them from it is how God murdered them by neglect.

Regards
DL

We were immortal until the original sin.

Show me the verse.
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat. for in what day soever thou shalt eat of it, thou shalt die the death.
there you go

Context does not explain why a God who can cure as well as kill chooses to kill instead of cure and takes the satanic moral low ground instead of the moral high ground.

Try again.

Regards
DL

One issue at a time.

Start an O P is you wish to debate a menu of issues.

Regards
DL

Stating God is a murderer is a rather noticeable menu item.
Especially when you haven't addressed the issue within context.

God hit the reset button. Do you honestly think he wouldn't do so again ? Look around you people we are mired in sin. He gave us Jesus to help us live.

If we need a reset, why would you want God to kill instead of cure?

Why would you want him to take the satanic low ground instead of the moral high ground?

Why do you think he would not do the right thing?

Regards
DL

Why wouldn't I want to return to God instead of toiling down here? You think Florida is better then Heaven????

You know what heaven is like as well. Wow. Write a book. :cuckoo:

Regards
DL

If we need a reset, why would you want God to kill instead of cure?

Why would you want him to take the satanic low ground instead of the moral high ground?

Why do you think he would not do the right thing?

Regards
DL

Why wouldn't I want to return to God instead of toiling down here? You think Florida is better then Heaven????

You know what heaven is like as well. Wow. Write a book. :cuckoo:

Regards
DL

why would I since it is already in a book. the one you obviously have never picked up.

Many say that Jesus is God even though there are many who dispute that notion for a number of good reasons.

For this O P, I will assume that there is a Trinity. If you are a Trinitarian, then you would have to see the non-judgemental Jesus who would not even stone a prostitute, as the judgemental O.T. God of Noah’s day, --- who will even drown babies and children.

Some will point to a new covenant but God himself says that nothing he says will ever be retract and Jesus himself referred back to the old covenant in the bible so let’s not argue that please.

Can you picture Jesus doing the vile things that scriptures say he did in the O.T.?

Regards
DL

No more need to 'reconcile' Tanach with Christianity than with Islam, Mormonism, Scientology, or anyone/anything else.

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
- Exodus 20

- Deuteronomy 6

13 [a]If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
- Deuteronomy 13

Sigh. Literalists.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

Shame on you. Most Jews I know are not so foolish.

Regards
DL

Show me the verse.
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat. for in what day soever thou shalt eat of it, thou shalt die the death.
there you go

You just quoted a verse that specifies, "in what day soever", which not only does NOT imply immortality but implies eventual death in any case.

Seeing as neither of them died the day they ate the fruit what do you think it means?

Regards
DL

- Exodus 20

- Deuteronomy 6

- Deuteronomy 13

Sigh. Literalists.

Regards
DL

How many do you know?

One issue at a time.

Start an O P is you wish to debate a menu of issues.

Regards
DL

Stating God is a murderer is a rather noticeable menu item.
Especially when you haven't addressed the issue within context.

The genocide of Noah's day is not context enough for murder. Ok. :cuckoo:

Regards
DL

- Exodus 20

- Deuteronomy 6

- Deuteronomy 13

Sigh. Literalists.

Regards
DL

How many do you know?

Many.

Regards
DL

None are as ignorant as Christians who cannot logically follow a conversation.

Only such think they have a monopoly on truth while they go about believing in talking snakes and show that asses can talk.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back