Can a liberal be a Christian?

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Bullshit.

And you know it.

no, you DON'T know it. how many pro-choice people do you see on the streets yelling 'kill the baby, kill the baby' compared to the anti-abortionists calling for the death of the doctors?

I win, you lose.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
no, you DON'T know it. how many pro-choice people do you see on the streets yelling 'kill the baby, kill the baby' compared to the anti-abortionists calling for the death of the doctors?

I win, you lose.

By default, EVERY pro-choice person is stating that they want the unborn to die. Only the crazies on the other side wanna kill the doctors. That entire statement was bullcrap. You might as well be saying that more people want to kill gays than people who want to give gays rights. Now cut out the crap and the bashes and all your so high and mighty blanket assumptions/rhetoric and start saying things that actually make sense.

Originally posted by Hobbit
By default, EVERY pro-choice person is stating that they want the unborn to die. Only the crazies on the other side wanna kill the doctors. That entire statement was bullcrap. You might as well be saying that more people want to kill gays than people who want to give gays rights. Now cut out the crap and the bashes and all your so high and mighty blanket assumptions/rhetoric and start saying things that actually make sense.

I KNEW it would only be a short time before someone stuffed words in the pro-choice groups mouth. :rolleyes:

you did have one thing correct in your statement though - "Only the crazies on the other side wanna kill the doctors." I'll give your side that much.

The amount of people ont he far Right who attempt to justify the killing of abortion doctors or the bombing of abortion clinics is infitesimal (sp?). Moreover, it is condemned by the vast majority of pro-lifers. The point that Merlin made is that the pro-choice position, by default, allows for the killing of unborn babies.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
The amount of people ont he far Right who attempt to justify the killing of abortion doctors or the bombing of abortion clinics is infitesimal (sp?). Moreover, it is condemned by the vast majority of pro-lifers. The point that Merlin made is that the pro-choice position, by default, allows for the killing of unborn babies.

his point and your point were two different things jeff.

his statement "By default, EVERY pro-choice person is stating that they want the unborn to die." isn't true and he knows it.

its simple inflammatory rhetoric.

his statement "By default, EVERY pro-choice person is stating that they want the unborn to die." isn't true and he knows it.

Gotcha.

Originally posted by NHCC
Can a true blue sandal wearing liberal ever be a Christian? No way. The American Liberal by their unwaivering support of abortion and gay marriage can not claim Christianity as a faith. They can not defend the Gospels which have long been the moral foundation of our nation. For a liberal man and government is their God and therefore Liberals are Americas anti-God movement.

link removed by DKSuddeth

Since you're so full of the holy spirit, you'll turn the other cheek when I tell you you're an ass of the first water. And while you may go to church every Sunday, that makes you no more a Christian than visiting a garage every week makes you a mechanic.

You may know the words, but you haven't the faintes idea of what they mean...troll.

Gosh, why does Dubbyuh limit research on the life-saving potential of embryonic stem cells? At the same time, he does nothing to put a stop to the destruction of unused blastocysts an in vitro fertility clinics.

The stem cells are derived from blastocysts at the same stage of development as those at the fertility clinic, so why the inconsistency? I'll tell you why, limiting stem cell research was a sop to the religious right-wingnuts who are a large portion of his base. But we can't deny folks the opportunity to procreate...by golly. What's a few unwanted blastcysts anyways?

But wait, didn't the half-wit right wingers in the House of Representatives define life as beginning at conception? Whoops...somebody better let the folks at the fertility clinics know, or else they'll be commiting wholesale murder when they dispose of the unused blastocysts.

But that doesn't really matter to Dubbyuh. He's simply using the mindless fervor fo the religious right in America to further his own ambitions...And they're letting him do so.

You may know the words, but you haven't the faintes idea of what they mean...troll. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Mr. NHCC meet our resident live in troll Bully. Talk about pot kettle black!

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Since you're so full of the holy spirit, you'll turn the other cheek when I tell you you're an ass of the first water. And while you may go to church every Sunday, that makes you no more a Christian than visiting a garage every week makes you a mechanic.

You may know the words, but you haven't the faintes idea of what they mean...troll.

I cant help but notice the irony. What does someone who speaks against God, despite claiming not to even believe in him know about Christianity? Let alone what it means to be Christian. I mean heaven forbid a Christian knows what it is to be a Christian. Of course not we need Bully to teach us.

Also i have to just say, if you are going to use scriptures such as turning the other cheek to try to say we cant respond to you you should atleast try to prove how exactly turning the other cheek involves not opening the mouth and responding from attacks and criticisms?

Gosh, why does Dubbyuh limit research on the life-saving potential of embryonic stem cells? At the same time, he does nothing to put a stop to the destruction of unused blastocysts an in vitro fertility clinics.

The stem cells are derived from blastocysts at the same stage of development as those at the fertility clinic, so why the inconsistency? I'll tell you why, limiting stem cell research was a sop to the religious right-wingnuts who are a large portion of his base. But we can't deny folks the opportunity to procreate...by golly. What's a few unwanted blastcysts anyways?

But wait, didn't the half-wit right wingers in the House of Representatives define life as beginning at conception? Whoops...somebody better let the folks at the fertility clinics know, or else they'll be commiting wholesale murder when they dispose of the unused blastocysts.

But that doesn't really matter to Dubbyuh. He's simply using the mindless fervor fo the religious right in America to further his own ambitions...And they're letting him do so.

Well why were at it why dont we just randomly do experiments on human beings. So what if we kill a few, we will save millions later....

And you guys call Bush the Nazi.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Well why were at it why dont we just randomly do experiments on human beings. So what if we kill a few, we will save millions later....

And you guys call Bush the Nazi.

You really don't get it, do you? A blastocyst is nothing more than a few undifferentiated cells...It is NOT a human being, NOR is it a human life no matter how much one might wish it were. So to address the question again, Why Dubbyuh's philosophical inconsistency on this issue (<i>and many others</i>)?

I win, you lose.

You know, sometimes you're an arrogant pain in the ass.

Like in this thread, for instance.

You really don't get it, do you? A blastocyst is nothing more than a few undifferentiated cells...It is NOT a human being, NOR is it a human life no matter how much one might wish it were. So to address the question again, Why Dubbyuh's philosophical inconsistency on this issue (<i>and many others</i>)?

The conversative evangelical belief is that life begins at conception, at the point where the fertilized egg has its own unique DNA. And while stem cell research is in the news quite a bit, evangelical Christians are just now starting to apply their thinking about abortion and stem cell to things like in vitro fertilization. There's a great article about this in the latest Christianity Today but there's no web link yet.
To answer your question Bully (inciteful as it may have been) the Christian Right is just now tackling the problem of the estimated 400,000 frozen embryos that have been created during in vitro fertilization. It's not so much a function of Bush's inconsistency as a function of this issue being ignored for so long.

originally posted by GOp Jeff
The point that Merlin made is that the pro-choice position, by default, allows for the killing of unborn babies.

AHEM, both of you are wrong. I never said any such thing.

Actually i get it quite well. You guys dont care about life. Plain and simple. you can support infanticide or abortion or stem cell research whatever the heck you want to call it. it doesnt change what it is, you are killing life.

"Satan believed in Christ and who He was. Is HE SAVED TOO?"

If your God is all forgiving why not, though I think the current interpretation on that particular issue is that Satan is to proud to accept God's forgiveness. This makes sense in Catholicism (yes I know your views on Catholicism NewGuy but please bare with) because Lucifer is the incarnate of the Deadly Sin of pride.

I believe Abdi-El is an example of a fallen angel who recanted and was forgiven by God; Abdi-El was one of the angels who rebelled with Lucifer and was the only one to accept God's forgiveness.

As to what my post had to do with the thread NewGuy, the thread was started as an inquiry as to whether a Lib can be a Christian, I gave what I saw as the requirements of Christianity and came the conclusion that a Lib can be a Christian.

Originally posted by deaddude
"Satan believed in Christ and who He was. Is HE SAVED TOO?"

If your God is all forgiving why not, though I think the current interpretation on that particular issue is that Satan is to proud to accept God's forgiveness. This makes sense in Catholicism (yes I know your views on Catholicism NewGuy but please bare with) because Lucifer is the incarnate of the Deadly Sin of pride.

I believe Abdi-El is an example of a fallen angel who recanted and was forgiven by God; Abdi-El was one of the angels who rebelled with Lucifer and was the only one to accept God's forgiveness.

As to what my post had to do with the thread NewGuy, the thread was started as an inquiry as to whether a Lib can be a Christian, I gave what I saw as the requirements of Christianity and came the conclusion that a Lib can be a Christian.

God will forgive those who accept Him by faith... but Jesus did not come to Earth to save fallen angels, He came to save humans. Se Hebrews 2:16: "For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham."

The angels had a clear choice: follow God's command or don't. According to the Bible, 1/3 of them did not, and are now fallen angels (demons), aligned with Satan. It is not possible for an angel, once fallen, to receive forgiveness through Christ, or, it seems, from any other source.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
The conversative evangelical belief is that life begins at conception, at the point where the fertilized egg has its own unique DNA. And while stem cell research is in the news quite a bit, evangelical Christians are just now starting to apply their thinking about abortion and stem cell to things like in vitro fertilization. There's a great article about this in the latest Christianity Today but there's no web link yet.
To answer your question Bully (inciteful as it may have been) the Christian Right is just now tackling the problem of the estimated 400,000 frozen embryos that have been created during in vitro fertilization. It's not so much a function of Bush's inconsistency as a function of this issue being ignored for so long.

And it is just that...<b>belief</b>. It has nothing to do with the facts of the matter. Keep on wishing, but it won't change the facts of the matter...an undifferentiated mass of cells is NOT a human being.

Forum List

Back