Cambridge Yesterday: "We defend free-speech", Cambridge Today: "You are fired!"

The girl didn't like the term "all lives matter" and then compared getting stabbed to death to a paper cut. Yeah. Never mind this witto tinsy tinsy HUGE BLACK on BLACK murder rate that transcends police brutality. That isn't gaslighting, its a fact.
Once you can get the white on white crime to stop then you can tell other races what to do as far as stopping the violence.
Once they get the black on black crime down then they can tell other races what to do.

The girl didn't like the term "all lives matter" and then compared getting stabbed to death to a paper cut. Yeah. Never mind this witto tinsy tinsy HUGE BLACK on BLACK murder rate that transcends police brutality. That isn't gaslighting, its a fact.
Once you can get the white on white crime to stop then you can tell other races what to do as far as stopping the violence.
Once they get the black on black crime down then they can tell other races what to do.
I thought the whites were the leaders and the blacks the tagalongs?.....I keep hearing that in this forum daily....

It's also, despite the constant repetition, irrelevant..and it is gaslighting..in the context most here use it. They use it as a distraction..and as a way to avoid honest answers... It certainly does not transcend police brutality..they are two different issues. One wrong does not cancel out another....surely you know that?
True. Liberals excuse say, the CHAZ armed fuckheads shooting unarmed black kids out of paranoia and NOBODY sees the IRONY in that?
You know exactly who shot whom?

As most here probably know by now, Cambridge promoted a professor after the words "White Lives Don't Matter" were spoken. They went on to a rampage detailing how very important it is that free speech is respected. This was a week or two ago.

Enter in new Cambridge. Speaking facts gets you fired.

Historian David Starkey could lose his University of Cambridge fellowship after he claimed 'slavery was not genocide' because 'so many damn blacks live in Africa and Britain.'

Dr Starkey, 75, was accused of racism following an interview with BeLeave founder Darren Grimes, during which he argued the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement is 'wholly and entirely a product of white colonisation'.

Speaking via video link from his home, the historian said 'the only reason that these young black protestors are here' is 'because of slavery'.

He added: 'What has happened of course is that the only reason that these young black protestors are here - isn't it slavery?

'It's only because of the great African diaspora, the compulsory diaspora, because of slavery. What of course that brings you up to confronting is of course slavery was not the equivalent of the Holocaust.

'Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there? An awful lot of them survived.

'And again, there's no point in arguing against globalisation or Western civilisation: they are all products of it. We are all products of it.

Defund the Universities.
Yeah...not very rigorous academic is he? Slavery was cultural genocide--his remarks were not entirely accurate and in poor taste. I'd not fire him..but it's his bad luck to live
in 2020..and patience is limited. He is correct that we are all products of Western civilization..that being said...the process was neither equal nor fair--that, in fact, is the issue being addressed.

Slavery was not genocide in any way. It is an opposite of genocide - the blacks got to procreate and are now part of American society - with their own culture also.

You are a moron.
And you are full of shit. It amazes me that you have the balls to actually expose your ignorance to the world in such a manner. i guess having the company of like-minded idiots to feed your confirmation bias emboldens you. "The blacks got to procreate?? You mean how they got to add to their masters flocks? You are utterly ignorant of the effect of breaking up tribal and family units..banning their religion. Beating and raping at will..branding, notching ears and gelding was not a deliberate murder of not only their culture but an on-going and deliberate effort to inculcate the slave mentality into every single one of them...which Jim Crow only sought to perpetuate.

Cultural genocide...that the American Blacks have invented themselves over the years and formed a new culture in no way erases what was done to them.. ..you racist POS!

What leftists like you are doing to America currently is a cultural genocide. Obviously frothing over white genocide also.

Blacks did not experience a genocide, you fucktard. That's why they are still around. Notice, he did not say a cultural genocide whatever the made up word means, he said GENOCIDE. This has a clear and precise meaning and we all know what it is. Get fucked...
You edited your post and actually made it worse..too funny!

As most here probably know by now, Cambridge promoted a professor after the words "White Lives Don't Matter" were spoken. They went on to a rampage detailing how very important it is that free speech is respected. This was a week or two ago.

Historian David Starkey could lose his University of Cambridge fellowship after he claimed 'slavery was not genocide' because 'so many damn blacks live in Africa and Britain.'

Dr Starkey, 75, was accused of racism following an interview with BeLeave founder Darren Grimes, during which he argued the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement is 'wholly and entirely a product of white colonisation'.

Speaking via video link from his home, the historian said 'the only reason that these young black protestors are here' is 'because of slavery'.

He added: 'What has happened of course is that the only reason that these young black protestors are here - isn't it slavery?

'It's only because of the great African diaspora, the compulsory diaspora, because of slavery. What of course that brings you up to confronting is of course slavery was not the equivalent of the Holocaust.

'Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there? An awful lot of them survived.

'And again, there's no point in arguing against globalisation or Western civilisation: they are all products of it. We are all products of it.

Defund the Universities.
Yeah...not very rigorous academic is he? Slavery was cultural genocide--his remarks were not entirely accurate and in poor taste. I'd not fire him..but it's his bad luck to live
in 2020..and patience is limited. He is correct that we are all products of Western civilization..that being said...the process was neither equal nor fair--that, in fact, is the issue being addressed.
That is incorrect. It was NOT a cultural genocide. The cultures that the blacks came from survive to this day.

Unless you want to make the argument that slave culture has merit?
Yeah..The culture that the slaves came from still exists..in Africa. But we are not talking about Africa...and the slaves that were captured and brought here did have their culture stripped from them..and their children even more so and their children's children well...all they had were some stories...

I don't make the argument that any culture has..or doesn't have..merit...it depends on where you sit. Slave culture..was what the master wanted...and some whispers when Massa wasn't looking. Why do you think Church was mandatory on most plantations..for the good of their souls?? LOL! Nope...the most common serman for slaves was always, "Servant obey thy master"!
They are absolutely free to reintroduce themselves to their ancestral culture. However, the idea that slave culture was subjected to some form of genocide assumes that the slave culture had some value. You tell Me. Go out and ask the black community if the slave culture has any value to them?

In the end, you are putting context into an argument made that was not there, as the Professor did not say anything about culture but spoke directly to the fact that genocide did not happen to the blacks.

Seems a pretty obvious observation to Me. We still have American who have black skin, and other countries also still have blacks.

I thought the whites were the leaders and the blacks the tagalongs?.....I keep hearing that in this forum daily....
Then you need to get your hearing checked.

Americans are the leaders. Americans come in all colors, sizes, and shapes.

This country has a history of leaders who were black-skinned.

The problem is, they were not of the mindset that people are evil or that they were wronged by imagined slights.

Defund the Universities.
He's right, you know. Look up the definition of genocide. We didn't want them to DIE--we wanted them to survive so we could sell them and make them work their asses off for us.

And African Americans are as much the product of Western Civilization as I am. They've been here for hundreds of years, most of 'em. So of course they're Americans and of course we are a product of Western Civilization.

What on Earth is wrong with what he said?

Leftist: "We wanted them to live!"
Also leftist: "It was a genocide!"

Sometimes I wonder if people even read their posts before they post. Once again the post is so dumb it boggles the belief.

Western civilization is civilization created by Western white Europeans as the name suggests, but sure blacks are in America. I would not call their culture very Western though.

The problem is, they were not of the mindset that people are evil or that they were wronged by imagined slights.
Then I suggest you worry about number one they will surely figure it out eventually.

Then I suggest you worry about number one they will surely figure it out eventually.
I'm not worried about any of it. I'm simply pointing out obvious flaws in logic and partisan hackery.

If ever it comes to My part of the world, I have a solution in place.

I'm not worried about any of it. I'm simply pointing out obvious flaws in logic and partisan hackery.

Be sure to keep it in a mayo jar.

Be sure to keep it in a mayo jar.
Okay, that was pretty damn lame.

Defund the Universities.
That is incorrect. It was NOT a cultural genocide. The cultures that the blacks came from survive to this day.

Yeah..The culture that the slaves came from still exists..in Africa. But we are not talking about Africa...and the slaves that were captured and brought here did have their culture stripped from them..and their children even more so and their children's children well...all they had were some stories...

I don't make the argument that any culture has..or doesn't have..merit...it depends on where you sit. Slave culture..was what the master wanted...and some whispers when Massa wasn't looking. Why do you think Church was mandatory on most plantations..for the good of their souls?? LOL! Nope...the most common serman for slaves was always, "Servant obey thy master"!
They are absolutely free to reintroduce themselves to their ancestral culture. However, the idea that slave culture was subjected to some form of genocide assumes that the slave culture had some value. You tell Me. Go out and ask the black community if the slave culture has any value to them?

In the end, you are putting context into an argument made that was not there, as the Professor did not say anything about culture but spoke directly to the fact that genocide did not happen to the blacks.

Seems a pretty obvious observation to Me. We still have American who have black skin, and other countries also still have blacks.
Correct..and I thank you for noticing. My introduction of the cultural genocide argument was all me...and I think..both cogent and accurate. As he is a tenured professor at one of the most prestigious schools in the world..he should have made that argument. I brought it up..because it was the logical extension and explication of his inaccurate argument. He was not, as has been noted, entirely incorrect..but he did, indeed, lack context..and his remarks were both callous...and ill-informed..IMO.

As to cultures having value..as I said earlier...culture is...and any value it might or might not have is for the individual to decide...and usually, in my experience...it is all about where you sit..your context within or without a culture. To the slave-owner..slave culture had value..as it was predicated upon the perpetuation of his interests. To the slave..not so much..so they evolved their own underground culture..that has formed the roots of the Black experience today.

Edit: oh..and as far as introducing one's self to their ancestral culture..it just doesn't work that way..born into it..or raised from a very early age..is the only way it works. Our cultural matrix is formed by age 3...or even earlier..as speech...language informs your thoughts..shapes how you perceive and relate..the rest is just the house on the foundation.

Last edited:

Defund the Universities.

Correct..and I thank you for noticing. My introduction of the cultural genocide argument was all me...and I think..both cogent and accurate. As he is a tenured professor at one of the most prestigious schools in the world..he should have made that argument. I brought it up..because it was the logical extension and explication of his inaccurate argument. He was not, as has been noted, entirely incorrect..but he did, indeed, lack context..and his remarks were both callous...and ill-informed..IMO.

As to cultures having value..as I said earlier...culture is...and any value it might or might not have is for the individual to decide...and usually, in my experience...it is all about where you sit..your context within or without a culture. To the slave-owner..slave culture had value..as it was predicated upon the perpetuation of his interests. To the slave..not so much..so they evolved their own underground culture..that has formed the roots of the Black experience today.

Why the hell should he have made that stupid argument, when he was not talking about cultural genocide?

He was talking about genocide, which did not happen, aka speaking the truth and facts. He is getting fired for it by dangerous Stalinist leftists who need to be stopped at all costs.

If you want to talk about cultures make your own damn thread. It is in NO WAY relevant to this discussion.

It's also, despite the constant repetition, irrelevant..and it is gaslighting..in the context most here use it. They use it as a distraction..and as a way to avoid honest answers... It certainly does not transcend police brutality..they are two different issues. One wrong does not cancel out another....surely you know that?
LOL ya lets riot and burn cause 10 criminals got killed by the police BUT hey dont bring up the 4 to 5 thousand that are killed every year by other blacks, ignore the fact that less then 250 blacks are murdered by whites while around 600 whites are murdered by blacks, those simply are inconvenient facts we want buried.

liberals scare me. The KKK hasn't been a threat since 1963. Systemic racism died in 1963. Do the math, 1963 minus say 2020. BLM is the new systemic racism, only now against whites. Black lives matter...not the the rest of us, just BLACKS. Not Asians, NOT hispanics not anyone else. Just blacks. Isn't that racism?

LOL ya lets riot and burn cause 10 criminals got killed by the police BUT hey dont bring up the 4 to 5 thousand that are killed every year by other blacks, ignore the fact that less then 250 blacks are murdered by whites while around 600 whites are murdered by blacks, those simply are inconvenient facts we want buried.
You can mark MY ACTUAL FACTS as funny all you want I notice you did not dispute them.

Defund the Universities.

Addressing the first part, truth and reality are often callous and should rightfully be so. When we sugarcoat reality, we get distortions in facts and also, we tend to cater to the lowest emotional denominator. That is a path to anti-intellectualism and anarchy.

As for the value of the slave culture. It may or may not have had merit, one can certainly argue it existed. History is about things that happened and cannot be changed. Only learned from.

In that context, the culture of slaves to do their masters bidding or to please their masters, if only to keep from getting a beating, is real enough. I would argue it is worthless in today's context and should rightly be ignored as a historical footnote. The only real value of a slave culture of the past is in the spiritual values that have been passed down.

It is historically accurate to trace the roots of modern-day black communities and their deep, deep faith to those times.

Honestly, though, that is the only real merit I can glean from it and the only value we can take from those times is that faith and love will survive even the worst that man can do.

A lesson I would wholly embrace for any culture.

liberals scare me. The KKK hasn't been a threat since 1963. Systemic racism died in 1963. Do the math, 1963 minus say 2020. BLM is the new systemic racism, only now against whites. Black lives matter...not the the rest of us, just BLACKS. Not Asians, NOT hispanics not anyone else. Just blacks. Isn't that racism?

They are literally making new laws to make it legal to discriminate based on race - so yes of course they are racists.

But that's the least of things to be concerned about. These hellspawns want to end western civilization and America altogether replacing it with the biggest hellhole ever created. Burn, Loot, Murder...

And so truth is banned while hate speech nets promotions.

You can mark MY ACTUAL FACTS as funny all you want I notice you did not dispute them.
***YAWN**

Refer to the post you you answered. I also note that you did not dispute my facts either. My point..to put it as simply as possible..is that you folks on the Right throw out the black on Black violence at every opportunity to distract from the issue of..well..really..any issue at all that involves Blacks in America.

Nobody with a brain denies that violence ..black on black violence..is an issue. But it has nothing to do with police brutality...and the number of people of color who are abused by the cops runs into the tens of thousands...it's not just about death.

I think that the cops in this country are too willing to use deadly force against everyone...not just blacks....but they are certainly MORE willing to use use lion tamer tactics in black neighborhoods.

No matter....you're not going change at this late date..but this country...like it or not..is coming to a reckoning..and I suspect you are on the wrong side of history.

Indeed..do the math...you might want to factor in the Aryan Nations..Christian Identity...the Order....Skinheads, etc..

I will point out that I've noticed no racism addressed to me or mine...no discrimination in housing or employment.

I would put to you that this practice of shouting white victimhood is ludicrous--and is simply the dying scream of privilege.

Forum List

Back