California's Split Personality: Should it split into 6 new states?

Should California split into 6 states?

• Yes, this will allow California's diversity to be better represented

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, other reason not listed here (explain)

• No, this is just a Silicon Valley effort to create their own state

• Total voters
such love of your fellow Americans.

you people are traitors and want to see this country shredded into fighting factions simply because you cant win elections legally

God created California. He did not intend it to be an outhouse where libtard ideas are created and shipped to soil other parts of the nation.

there is no god

You don't get to FORCE your hated filled world view on people.

you and your hate filled idiocy pervert what Jesus taught.

Jesus would spit on you just like he did the money changers

how did this country produce so many people who claim to be christians and spew nothing but hate for their fellow man?

such love of your fellow Americans.

you people are traitors and want to see this country shredded into fighting factions simply because you cant win elections legally

God created California. He did not intend it to be an outhouse where libtard ideas are created and shipped to soil other parts of the nation.

there is no god

you and your hate filled idiocy pervert what Jesus taught.

Jesus would spit on you just like he did the money changers

there is no god

can you prove that?.....

but you get too?....

Jesus would spit on you

no he wouldn't....Jesus had more class than you do....

there is no god

Jesus thought there was a God.....

If there were a God Califorgomorrah would have broken off and fallen into the sea fifty years ago.

I don't necessarily believe that but it's something to contemplate when all else looks bleak.

That might be workable but only if it were possible to allow those two states just ONE senator each and keep the total number of representatives the same as it is now.

Well, it's not possible and frankly that's a stupid idea anyway. Why should the two hypothetical states of North and South California only have one U. S. Senator when their populations would still be higher than most of the other 49?

Oh, I agree, that won't happen. But the creation of even TWO new Senate seats would queer the deal for the rest of The Senate who would see their power diluted. If the total number of senators remained constant (as would the number of representatives, that being population based) then enough present senators might be convinced to let it happen.

I could see The Senate agreeing to let two states consolidate and therefore a reduction of two senate seats since that would increase the power of those remaining.

But it's not about power - it's about service.

I mean, isn't it?????

California is already under-represented for the House of Representatives...The way all of those under populated states like Wyoming, Montana, Alaska, and the Dakotas get 1 rep regardless of their population is by taking reps away from huge states like Cal, Texas, New York and Florida.

Also, like it's been said, even if you divide California in two both halves will "easily" be some of the most populated states in the Country, probably right behind Texas, New York, and Florida.

38 million / 2 = 19 million, way more then Illinois or Pennsylvania...and right up there with New York and Florida.

Although dividing it in two and having two equal populations would be extremely difficult due to the huge concentration in and around Los Angeles county...heck Los Angeles county by itself would be one of the biggest states in the country population-wise!!

If it were divided into two, it's remotely possible the Southern half would be a battleground state, but I doubt it really.

Last edited:
It won't happen.

Approval would require congressional approval.

This is an interestingly legal debate, because the Constitution is actually vague here.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

This clause is concerned with the Admission of NEW States into the UNION.

However, suppose a part of a State breaks off, but does NOT wish to join the Union. Is the "Consent of Congress" and of the "Several States" now required?

Some of my local Libertarian friends call this, funnily, "Ninja secession." Basically, if a State really wanted to secede, without giving Congress the right to invade them for "Insurrection," that State could simply reduce it's boundaries to a single acre, and eject the of it's territory from it's jurisdiction.

So if (random state) Idaho wanted to secede, it would reduce it's own boundaries so a single acre, thus officially and legally remaining a State, within the Union, but the rest of its former territory would now be a new 'state' free and sovereign, and not within the Union, since the Federal Government relinquished ownership of that territory after it became Idaho State in 1890.

Of course, whether or not the above scenario is actually legal or not, the Feds would invade Idaho anyway, but it would significantly delay them in the courts before they actually invaded. By that time, the Feds might actually reconcile and respect the demands of the seceded state, and everything will be handled peacefully and they'll be readmitted to the Union.

Last edited:
The rot is so firmly established in California that the only way to cure it is to burn it down. But it seems that's already happening so no need for anyone to do much.

I thought I heard California is, budget wise anyway, doing pretty good now.

And I am impressed that they discontinued the gimmicky financial practice called TIF (tax increment financing) , even though they were the first to practice it.

A better idea is combining all those dinky little states in the Northeast into one.

A better idea is combining all those dinky little states in the Northeast into one.

It would make much more sense to combine the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming together. Really isn't much difference between any of them, and they have zilch for population between all of them.

If there were a God Califorgomorrah would have broken off and fallen into the sea fifty years ago.

I don't necessarily believe that but it's something to contemplate when all else looks bleak.

50 years ago people like you from other States started moving in here and slowly turned it into the mess you see now....hey just sayin....

The rot is so firmly established in California that the only way to cure it is to burn it down. But it seems that's already happening so no need for anyone to do much.

even with that rot it has a bigger economy then your pissant State ...hell the County i live in probably does.....you want a coattail to hang on too?....

50 years ago people like you from other States started moving in here and slowly turned it into the mess you see now....hey just sayin....

Then the more intelligent of them moved on leaving you low information victims to wallow.

"Entering California - lower your expectations"

"California! A great place to be FROM"

Then the more intelligent of them moved on leaving you low information victims to wallow.

"Entering California - lower your expectations"

"California! A great place to be FROM"

sorry Henry this place was a great place until fuckers like you moved in to suck the place dry....but then thats what your kind does.....latch on and suck on anything better then what they had or did not have....

Forum List

Back