California's Split Personality: Should it split into 6 new states?

Should California split into 6 states?

• Yes, this will allow California's diversity to be better represented

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, other reason not listed here (explain)

• No, this is just a Silicon Valley effort to create their own state

• Total voters
California should be emptied of residents and re designated as a national park.
Yes, the Right thinks so highly of national parks.

so do you have some quotes you can lay on us of "righties" saying lets abolish them and build parking lots?...get a good one now....
Daily Kos: GOP wants to SELL our National Parks, not open them

A powerful Republican chairman in the House of Representatives just shared with his constituents his desire to begin selling our national parks. Rep. Cliff Stearns of Florida was caught on video in a local town meeting. Here is what he said:"I got attacked in a previous town meeting for not supporting another national park in this country, a 200-mile trailway. And I told the man that we don't need more national parks in this country, we need to actually sell off some of our national parks."

so do you have some quotes you can lay on us of "righties" saying lets abolish them and build parking lots?...get a good one now....

A powerful Republican chairman in the House of Representatives just shared with his constituents his desire to begin selling our national parks. Rep. Cliff Stearns of Florida was caught on video in a local town meeting. Here is what he said:"I got attacked in a previous town meeting for not supporting another national park in this country, a 200-mile trailway. And I told the man that we don't need more national parks in this country, we need to actually sell off some of our national parks."

Cliff Stearns is not a current member of the House of Representatives.

I have no problem with national parks, but I think the states should control them and the federal government should be completely out of the picture.

so where did he say he wanted to level them and build a parking lot or a mall?....

Need to split NY into 2 states also

I know there was a movement some time ago to split Long Island off into it's own state. There was also a rather strong movement in Staten Island to split them off from NYC, but when Giuliani got elected he managed to win them over and quell the upheaval.

Forum List

Back