California public schools can’t suspend students for disobeying teachers, new law says

Targeting the few students left in public education that want to learn.

Remember: The Left care about children.

SACRAMENTO (KRON) — New laws taking effect in 2020 will impact schools across California.

Starting next school year, it will be illegal for public schools in the state to suspend students in first through fifth grade for willfully defying teachers or administrators.

Then, from 2021 through 2025, it will be temporarily extended to kids in grades six through eight.

Supporters say suspensions for willful defiance are disproportionately used against students of color.

Another new law — a mandatory change to school start times.

California public schools can’t suspend students for disobeying teachers, new law says
What law is this? What is the SB or AB number? I can not find this law any where.

Targeting the few students left in public education that want to learn.

Remember: The Left care about children.

SACRAMENTO (KRON) — New laws taking effect in 2020 will impact schools across California.

Starting next school year, it will be illegal for public schools in the state to suspend students in first through fifth grade for willfully defying teachers or administrators.

Then, from 2021 through 2025, it will be temporarily extended to kids in grades six through eight.

Supporters say suspensions for willful defiance are disproportionately used against students of color.

Another new law — a mandatory change to school start times.

Oh found it SB 419. Seems like a stupid Idea to me!

This will be extended according to the article. Want more Trayvons,,,this is how you get them. ,,,,,

Unbelievable... This is what happens under liberalism. Wow. Can't make this crap up. This country is ace backwards and upside down anymore.

When I was in the parochial school, they wouldn't suspend for that either.

They would instead use corporal punishment, the Board of Education, perhaps bang your head against the blackboard or curb stomp you.

Now if none of these traditional educational methods worked, they would suspend you or perhaps expulsion if they determined you were uneducable.

When will the CA schools stand up and tell the state that's enough?....how many good students are getting screwed by the government mandating that unruly disruptive kids remain in the classroom?...why should a good kids ability be hampered by the presence of some kid that doesn't want to learn?...

When will the CA schools stand up and tell the state that's enough?....how many good students are getting screwed by the government mandating that unruly disruptive kids remain in the classroom?...why should a good kids ability be hampered by the presence of some kid that doesn't want to learn?...
That goes for anywhere in this nation. Agreed.

The assumption that a particular rule will unfairly target those of color is absurdly racist but then again, that's liberal logic for you.

Wow! Crazy California Makes It Illegal to Suspend Unruly Students who Disobey Teachers and Administration -- Because It's Racist
A new law is taking place in 2020 making it illegal for public schools to suspend students in first through fifth grade who willfully defy teachers or administrators. And then the following year it will extend to students from sixth through eighth grade.

CA has done lost it . they aren't long behind legalizing those perverts give a few more weeks watch.

California Bans Unvaccinated Children From Attending Public Schools

Seattle scrambles to vaccinate kids: 2,200 told not to come back without shots

Wow! Crazy California Makes It Illegal to Suspend Unruly Students who Disobey Teachers and Administration -- Because It's Racist
A new law is taking place in 2020 making it illegal for public schools to suspend students in first through fifth grade who willfully defy teachers or administrators. And then the following year it will extend to students from sixth through eighth grade.

CA has done lost it . they aren't long behind legalizing those perverts give a few more weeks watch.
With there being other forms of punishment, how big of a deal is this really? When I was in elementary school, losing our recess time at the playground is what would happen when a bad enough misbehaving took place. Being sent to the principal's office was also done of course, and I am sure that phone calls are still being made to parents even now. Junior high is when detention was added to the list of punishment options since recess was removed due to the fact that my junior high did not have a play ground. Detention of course meant having to stay after school for one hour. My junior high also had an in school suspension option which is when the problem kids stayed in one room together all day away from their normal classrooms and they did their assignments in there. Alternative Assignment (AA) is the name that it went by. Lunch was brought to the kids in that room and any kid who got done with their work early were just given things to write as a way to keep them busy for the remainder of the school hours. I don't remember my high school having the AA option. It was either detention, suspension or a flat out expulsion, and then of course an arresting if anything illegal was happening. My high school had at least two police officers there. I can't remember if they were both there everyday, but yeah at least one of them would be there every day. Yeah, when you really think about it, because of how bad kids have become over the past two decades, the real question is how much of a good difference do any of these punishments really make?

God bless you always!!!

Holly (class of 2000)

P.S.Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does the spanking option still take place at any school in this country? I never went to one that had it.

The reason for this vaccination stuff is because we are being exposed to foriegners that aren't known as to their health status in life right ?? Exposure is the issue, but why are we being exposed without our knowledge of it ?? So the government decides instead of testing for diseases, it instead vaccinates as a preventive, even though a percentage might be negatively affected by such vaccinations ? The problem is that no one wants their child to be the one that is negatively affected if being used as a guinea pig to allow Foreigner's to come into the country not knowing their health status in life.. Am I right ?

I mean I'm for vaccination if safe, but not for vaccination if it's not safe for everyone involved. Somehow the vulnerable should be tested before vaccination is administered in order to insure that the child isn't negatively affected by the shot or series of shots being given. To just figure that a percentage of the nation must fall under the casual damage clause or idea is un-exceptable.

We can do better. Can't we ?

What do They mean by unruly and disruptive? These words are merely euphemisms. What they really mean is violent. They will no longer punish violent students.

What do They mean by unruly and disruptive? These words are merely euphemisms. What they really mean is violent. They will no longer punish violent students.

Violence seems to be covered in some of the things which still fall under suspension as a valid discipline. See the text of the bill, #1 and #2 both cover violent actions, as do others.

The reason for this vaccination stuff is because we are being exposed to foriegners that aren't known as to their health status in life right ?? Exposure is the issue, but why are we being exposed without our knowledge of it ?? So the government decides instead of testing for diseases, it instead vaccinates as a preventive, even though a percentage might be negatively affected by such vaccinations ? The problem is that no one wants their child to be the one that is negatively affected if being used as a guinea pig to allow Foreigner's to come into the country not knowing their health status in life.. Am I right ?

I mean I'm for vaccination if safe, but not for vaccination if it's not safe for everyone involved. Somehow the vulnerable should be tested before vaccination is administered in order to insure that the child isn't negatively affected by the shot or series of shots being given. To just figure that a percentage of the nation must fall under the casual damage clause or idea is un-exceptable.

There is no such thing as a medical procedure that is 100% safe for everyone involved. Life doesn't work that way. If you were to test people before giving vaccinations, I'm sure the testing would have a negative effect on some small percentage of those tested.

While foreigners in the country certainly bring diseases not usually seen in the US, so might citizens who travel outside the country pick something up and bring it back. :dunno:

There is no such thing as a medical procedure that is 100% safe for everyone involved. Life doesn't work that way. If you were to test people before giving vaccinations, I'm sure the testing would have a negative effect on some small percentage of those tested.

While foreigners in the country certainly bring diseases not usually seen in the US, so might citizens who travel outside the country pick something up and bring it back. :dunno:
Yet we can't figure it out somehow ? Are we just stupid or just figuring that the sacrifices are worth it ?

Forum List

Back