Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
You need to pay more taxes, California!

Leftardism in full glory.

Obviously, this has been set up as a deep money boondoggle that is making a few construction companies rich on taxpayer money. I'd look for connections between who owns and runs these companies and the politicians awarding the contracts in the area. Maybe even political kickbacks to those politicians.

And they wonder why their shithole state is broke.

Obviously, this has been set up as a deep money boondoggle that is making a few construction companies rich on taxpayer money. I'd look for connections between who owns and runs these companies and the politicians awarding the contracts in the area. Maybe even political kickbacks to those politicians.
I would bet money the name Feinstein will be found.

You say you left California two years ago. You left, right? California didn't kick you out? You sure act like the jilted lover when it comes to California.
How much federal money was spent on this? That makes it our problem.
You don't have to worry about California. It pays more to the Feds than it gets back...unlike most "red" states.

You say you left California two years ago. You left, right? California didn't kick you out? You sure act like the jilted lover when it comes to California.
Californis is not running on its optimum potential for its economic place in the country and the world. And the money will leave it when it converts to 2nd and 3rd world status.

Yet, right wingers have a problem with the market friendliness of equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

Guys you gotta keep in mind that most of the homeless in California are americans that come from all states because the system failed them. Many are veterans. Before you bash California think about that first.

Most come here because of the weather and because they getting a helping hand, unlike in christian majority god loving states.

I challenge any of you to go to any homeless camp here in california if you find out that more than 20% are native Californians I'm willing to pay for your hotel stay here, food and airplane ti kets :). Any volunteers?

It's likely the cost of the land.

Where do they get their numbers from? $746,000 Per Unit will buy fairly average housing out in the suburbs, but you're certainly not going to get a luxury high-rise condo downtown Los Angeles for that price. And don't expect a short commute or a convenient bus route at that price, either.

Joblessness and gun control are probably the main causes of homelessness — you certainly can't get ever get a job that pays that kind of money if you've ever been arrested or had police contact in California, or been evaluated for mental health.

Sure, try to justify spending almost $800,000 for ONE unit to house homeless. BTW - East LA prices are not expensive.

Guys you gotta keep in mind that most of the homeless in California are americans that come from all states because the system failed them. Many are veterans. Before you bash California think about that first.

Most come here because of the weather and because they getting a helping hand, unlike in christian majority god loving states.

I challenge any of you to go to any homeless camp here in california if you find out that more than 20% are native Californians I'm willing to pay for your hotel stay here, food and airplane ti kets :). Any volunteers?
What does that have to do with overpriced units to provide shelter to them.

There is zero excuse for the government to spend almost 800k to house a single homeless person - that is asinine.

Then build them where the land does not drive the price to 800k - that is easily done.

And what does random zillow links have to do with the contention in this thread?

It’s more likely you are a fucking moron. WTF does single family homes in the nicest parts of the country have to do with homeless shelters?

Forum List

Back