Buying “Made in China” is killing us

Whenever the national will is there.
Honestly, we have no national will left.
That would require the Grand Canyon sized division to close and the left/right come together.
It would take something 5 times larger than 9/11 to make that happen...and probably not even then

Stop being a pessimistic pussy. Defeatism is NOT American.
I have watched over the past 30 years this country fall.
America is now like one massive "Company Store".
We are crops. We work to get a wage, and then the powers that be uses numerous ways to evaporate our earnings back into their hands.
Take Health Insurance.
For most, it doesn't exist really. We all really have catastrophic insurance, but pay like we have real insurance.
Over the years, ever so slowly so people will learn to accept it - premiums raised and raised. Out of pocket max raised, and worst of all - deductibles have raised in many cases 10 fold.
The only way you get anything out of your health insurance is something very major happens.
You notice how the left doesn't even talk about health insurance anymore? Even though it is now, obviously, MUCH worse than before Obama became President.

Watch the video

the issue here is not everything made in china but just masks and medical drugs and other medical supplies

we are very stupidly setting ourselves up for disaster by not making that stuff in America

while only saving a few million dollars
In the long run we save no money buying Chinese goods as they shit and need replace way to soon. Unions were screening about this in the 1980s no one listened. Now we have shit products and a population with out manufacturing skills. This is what profit above all gets you. We made our bed now we lay in it.

In the long run we save no money buying Chinese goods as they shit and need replace way to soon. Unions were screening about this in the 1980s no one listened. Now we have shit products and a population with out manufacturing skills. This is what profit above all gets you. We made our bed now we lay in it.
It's true.
We capitulated with ease.
The carrot was a low price, and we volunteered with glee to buy them. And still do today with no less glee.
Again, Americans are the probably the worst in the world at this. And the Chinese damn well know it

And America can shift the demand whenever we choose.
You cant shift the demand during a pandemic

you really should watch the video

then you would see the problem with more understanding

How's the concrete bunker in your backyard coming along, you paranoid nutjob?
Cant you discuss the topic without personal insults?

no I guess not because you are running out of excuses for business as usual with china

Tariffs is the answer
I used to think the free market could save us

I was as much anti tariff as the libs posting here

But no private company in the west can stand up to the CCP all by itself

No one said it would be quick or easy

or painless

but it must be done to save our standard of living and freedom
Trump was totally correct about the Tariffs....it is the only way to reverse the trend. Chinese don't have FDA, EPA, OSHA or DOL...... they get away with all of those charges and fees .... to make the playing field fair they must be asessed and charged on the produced goods through a tariff system.

JO

Now if we could only convince American workers that it’s in their own best interest to work for wages commensurate with their Chinese counterparts.

As a left leaning moderate, instead of the minimum corporate tax proposed in the last economic summit meeting I would have preferred a different method to level the playing field. My preference is banning trade with countries that didn't enforce adequate labor, environmental, and civil rights laws.

For a least-biased source of how our trade with China is going, I use the Census Bureau as a source. Looking at the numbers, one of my takes is that there is indication we need to step away from the commercialization of Christmas. At least that was the situation during the Obama years. There may be a better reasons for the annual jump during the months of October, November and December. If so, I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Only in your dreams

you think pandering to china and treating them as our friend is the best policy and I dont
I think China understands fully that there won't be cooperation from the US, regardless of what US regime is in power.
But the world is a different place now with the US not being able to influence as it did before. The US never did make friends, it tried to assert it's influence by bombing and killing. Now China can offer a peaceful choice.
Are you going to bomb me with profanity now?

Forum List

Back