Buying “Made in China” is killing us

Hey I'm fine with buying American when and IF possible.
In many cases it is not.
Anything is possible if we have enough common sense to just do it

in this example china is selling masks at 1 cent each which is under cost

and the greedy hospitals save a little money

but only till the next pandemic which could be much worse than this one

The video speaks for itself

my comment is that since the 1990s US politics has been dominated by the Baby Boom generation

and it could very well be the most incompetent generation in American history

Shows Show Only the Shallow

In the 60s, the media publicized their publishers' sons and those bossy pushy brats' Preppy classmates. The real Baby Boomers, the majority of that generation, had the fight taken out of them in Vietnam, so they never asserted themselves by pushing the richkids out of the way.

Boomers are not all conservative repubs

see post #15
Not all, but Trump's base is largely white and aging, and less educated, and less able to compete. I'd certainly agree Boomers are not Goldwater conservatives, but neither is Trump. He's sort of a perfect fit.

Overall, I just don't see that trade with Japan and Mexico really hurt our standard of living overall. Houses are bigger, and so are TV's. There's absolutely more wealth disparity now than in 1980, but we changed our tax system from one aimed at reducing wealth disparity. Good-bad ... not the topic. We've totally fcked our kids by demanding more and bigger tax cuts, that really don't help us wage earners.

The problem with trade with China isn't so much a developing nation, as Jose posted. imo, the problem is China views trade as a weapon. Trade is not win win to them. It's not about mutual benefit. China by virtue of being a communist state has advantages for mulitnationals seeking cheap labor. But the disadvantage is more long term. And that's what I meant about Trump not dealing with improving trade with other Asian developing economies.

Shows Show Only the Shallow

In the 60s, the media publicized their publishers' sons and those bossy pushy brats' Preppy classmates. The real Baby Boomers, the majority of that generation, had the fight taken out of them in Vietnam, so they never asserted themselves by pushing the richkids out of the way.
The vast maj of boomers never sniffed a jungle, and certainly not the white suburban ones .... like W and Slick and Trump

It’s almost as if the entire purpose of the human experiment here on planet earth was to make sure that the generation known as The Baby Boomers had the best of everything.

Which we did.

The video speaks for itself

my comment is that since the 1990s US politics has been dominated by the Baby Boom generation

and it could very well be the most incompetent generation in American history

No, it was not under the complete control of boomers but you knew that and guess what, it still isn't, those war babies are still alive and kicking as a president, Speaker of the House and Senate minority leader.

It’s almost as if the entire purpose of the human experiment here on planet earth was to make sure that the generation known as The Baby Boomers had the best of everything.

Which we did.
I got second best to make sure the wealth was spread more evenly...

Better than that, just wait a few more years and watch China start bitching about the same thing.
You really dont see the threat from china

if you care about America someday you’ll be sorry

Forum List

Back