Buying “Made in China” is killing us

The video speaks for itself

my comment is that since the 1990s US politics has been dominated by the Baby Boom generation

and it could very well be the most incompetent generation in American history

This was laid out in a book at least 20 years ago.... "The High cost of a Low Price".
But you are wasting your effort.
Americans, generally speaking, are extremely selfish when it comes to shopping choices.
They all sit on the porch and bitch about jobs, lack of opportunity, shrinking middle class until they can't breathe.
Then they head to Walmart to fill their carts.

They do what they have to do when there is no other choice

china is practicing mercantilism and our corrupt and/or stupid politicians are letting them get away with it
But that wasn't the case 20 years ago. There WERE choices back then.
Now you have to search high and low to buy MOST products to fine something NOT made in China.
It is our fault.
Even a dog knows not to shit in it's own path.

Americans are the worst in the world at this. Many other countries refused to allow WalMart etc. set up monopolies in communities. America did no such thing because we are no longer a Republic.
We are a Corporatocracy. Absolutely the large corporations and investor class owns out federal government.
We let it happen. And today, we are so divided there is no hope of getting our country back.

And china can cut off the supply whenever it chooses

westerners used to be smart

but not anymore
It's down to two things; most want to pay as little as possible, businesses still want to make as much money as they can. Red tape, especially employment laws to give people better working conditions and wages, ups the cost price so they import China Junk. People buy China Junk and still look for cheaper still.

I always try to buy British, it's impossible 99% of the time.

Care4all must be happy that our medical supplies are made in china instead of America

what a shame
I thought the Trump administration took care of the drugs and medical supplies made in China a year and a half ago when we came across the covid supply issuez? Are you saying they didn't?

Buying Chinese is and was a Republican quest, from the very beginning.... It was democrats and labor unions that fought it, all the way....

The GOP blamed the unions for insisting on good pay and benefits for their skills, as to why you opened up China so businesses could leave the USA for cheap labor in China.... Your gop guys benefited by millions of donations from Wal-Mart/Waltons...

Now, after 40 years of it, and all the manufacturers left a couple of decades ago, you want to reverse your republican stance and be against it???

Well, I guess it's better late, than never...maybe. :rolleyes:

I thought the Trump administration took care of the drugs and medical supplies made in China a year and a half ago when we came across the covid supply issuez? Are you saying they didn't?

Buying Chinese is and was a Republican quest, from the very beginning.... It was democrats and labor unions that fought it, all the way....

The GOP blamed the unions for insisting on good pay and benefits for their skills, as to why you opened up China so businesses could leave the USA for cheap labor in China.... Your gop guys benefited by millions of donations from Wal-Mart/Waltons...

Now, after 40 years of it, and all the manufacturers left a couple of decades ago, you want to reverse your republican stance and be against it???

Well, I guess it's better late, than never...maybe. :rolleyes:
FFS - for the love of God STFU!!

divide.jpg

It would really help if libs like you would watch the video before commenting

However the short answer to your WHAT ABOUT TRUMP deflection is that the mask and pharmaceutical problem didnt happen overnight and it wont be solved that quickly and easily either by one president and the stroke of a pen

It would really help if libs like you would watch the video before commenting

However the short answer to your WHAT ABOUT TRUMP deflection is that the mask and pharmaceutical problem didnt happen overnight and it wont be solved that quickly and easily either by one president and the stroke of a pen
I don't have the juice to watch videos on my kindle, so I can only go by what is written.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome any republican that finally wants to do something now, even 30 to 40 years after the exodus....

It would be great to have one thing both parties could agree on, and great you decided to join us....

But after the 40year exodus of manufacturing, this reversal is not going to be a quick or an easy task.

Every people in every nation make the same choices

thats why all countries gave tariffs
I supported fully Trumps tariffs.
Only media parrots didn't.
The corporate media doesn't want anything to do with anything that upsets the Chinese investment paradise.
Which is exactly why no main stream media is talking about how this virus came from China. They all make most of their investment dollars on Chinese slave labor. The last thing they want is for Americans to get pissed off at China enough to break their drone shopping habits.
That would basically be a holocaust for the investor class.

Forum List

Back