Buy your guns with cash, firearms stores adding ATMs...Your move Visa

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Blowback to Visa, Mastercard, AmEx giving new merchandise category code to gun store purchases​

Dan Eldridge, the owner of Maxon Shooter’s Supplies, used to have an ATM machine in his gun store. He took it out a few years ago when processing fees got too high. But then he got the news over the weekend that the major credit cards were going to start categorizing gun store sales separately.

“My first thought was, the ATM’s going back in,” Eldridge told me in an interview. “I called our old vendor and said, ‘We want this back in as soon as we can get it.’ It’s going back in the store in the next couple of weeks.”
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...92-2d4e-429b-9a65-af7e4a7b20ee_1999x1500.jpeg
Eldridge predicts a big change in how his customers make purchases.

“We were doing a couple thousand a month in cash with the old ATM. I anticipate we’ll do $10,00 to $15,000 a month now with the new ATM — due to this — because people don't want to be on a pseudo registry,” said Eldridge, whose store is in a Chicago suburb.

Making cash king again. ;)

Give you something to think about. They go for guns now. Wait till they get you for purchasing from sites run by rightwingers.

You'll have your account frozen for purchasing a pair of moccasins from Mike Lindell. LoL

Last edited:

Blowback to Visa, Mastercard, AmEx giving new merchandise category code to gun store purchases​

Dan Eldridge, the owner of Maxon Shooter’s Supplies, used to have an ATM machine in his gun store. He took it out a few years ago when processing fees got too high. But then he got the news over the weekend that the major credit cards were going to start categorizing gun store sales separately.

“My first thought was, the ATM’s going back in,” Eldridge told me in an interview. “I called our old vendor and said, ‘We want this back in as soon as we can get it.’ It’s going back in the store in the next couple of weeks.”
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/13c24992-2d4e-429b-9a65-af7e4a7b20ee_1999x1500.jpeg

“We were doing a couple thousand a month in cash with the old ATM. I anticipate we’ll do $10,00 to $15,000 a month now with the new ATM — due to this — because people don't want to be on a pseudo registry,” said Eldridge, whose store is in a Chicago suburb.​

I have always paid in cash ONLY when purchasing a firearm.

Give you something to think about. They go for guns now. Wait till they get you for purchasing from sites run by rightwingers.

You'll have your account frozen for purchasing a pair of moccasins from Mike Lindell. LoL
Yes. Consider just how quickly, and from political pressure, that monetary access was stopped cold by the banking system when Russia invaded Ukraine.

The speed with which they removed Russia from access to monetary assets was nothing short of breathtaking.

Only a fool would think that kind of power would not be used against them, also for political purposes.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/13c24992-2d4e-429b-9a65-af7e4a7b20ee_1999x1500.jpeg

“We were doing a couple thousand a month in cash with the old ATM. I anticipate we’ll do $10,00 to $15,000 a month now with the new ATM — due to this — because people don't want to be on a pseudo registry,” said Eldridge, whose store is in a Chicago suburb.​

Visa's move? I think they made that clear.

Lol, you can not avoid the flag at the gun store. They run your back ground every time you purchase one. The visa thing sounds like propaganda to rile rubes. Lol, your back ground check leaves a record as to what it's for. You are a slobbering idiot to think you can purchase anything any more with out big brother knowing. Loll, corporate and government entities know how much aspirin you buy. Welcome to today's world it kinda sucks. There are no longer any secrets.

Lol, you can not avoid the flag at the gun store. They run your back ground every time you purchase one. The visa thing sounds like propaganda to rile rubes. Lol, your back ground check leaves a record as to what it's for. You are a slobbering idiot to think you can purchase anything any more with out big brother knowing. Loll, corporate and government entities know how much aspirin you buy. Welcome to today's world it kinda sucks. There are no longer any secrets.
The nature of man finds a way. ;)

The nature of man finds a way. ;)
Lol, sometimes I think the Amish are smarter than we give them credit for. I use to be a computer and tech need. Set up, built, and programed many systems. Then I realized where this is all going . Big regret. Sold my appraisal business. Sold all my rentals in the city. Got back to nature. Started being a hunting and fishing guide. Not making the kind of money I use to but 1000 times happier. Hard to fill boats right now because the lake is flipping and the fish just don't want to bite. Water is to warm and not enough oxygen. Couple of weeks and some cool weather, God willing it will be back on. Meanwhile I have taken advantage of the time off and spent time with my grandchildren.

I generally use a cash back credit card for everything but not for guns and ammo from now on.

It really sucks being limited to your local stores to buy ammo.
You can get much better prices online and you dont have to visit a half dozen stores to find what you're looking for.
It sure seems like dems really dont care about saving the planet after all if they're going to make me drive my gas guzzling V8 all over town in search of ammo.

Lol, sometimes I think the Amish are smarter than we give them credit for. I use to be a computer and tech need. Set up, built, and programed many systems. Then I realized where this is all going . Big regret. Sold my appraisal business. Sold all my rentals in the city. Got back to nature. Started being a hunting and fishing guide. Not making the kind of money I use to but 1000 times happier. Hard to fill boats right now because the lake is flipping and the fish just don't want to bite. Water is to warm and not enough oxygen. Couple of weeks and some cool weather, God willing it will be back on. Meanwhile I have taken advantage of the time off and spent time with my grandchildren.
Meh, if you don't have all your go-to stuff with no 4473 that can be traced back to you it's your own damn fault....FTF transactions used to be perfectly legal here in Virginia and hopefully will be again soon. ;)

Forum List

Back