Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

Not a bad idea as far as preventing scurvy but you'll likely be able to find local plants to stop scurvy.
I wonder what the shelf life on those bottles of lemon and lime is?
Cant say I've ever heard those brought up on prepper sights but it's worth looking into.
Two years sealed, I imagine they remain good for five past the date, like most other canned goods. Keep in a cool dark place ect ect

The way to make a lot money on gold isn't by buying or selling physical gold. It's by buying and selling gold futures because of the leverage you get. You can make a lot of money really fast. But of course you could also lose your entire investment just as quickly.

In the commodities market, since commodities tend to move in up or down trends, the trick is to quickly admit that you were wrong by refusing to fork out more money on a margin call and cut your losses. And when you are right invest your earnings in more futures rather than pocketing them.

In that way it's kinda the opposite of investing in stocks. Generally, if you did your research with due diligence and concluded that a stock was under priced and went long on it, then the price goes down even further, go ahead and fork out more money on a margin call. After all, if a stock is a good deal at x dollars and the price goes down y dollars, it's an even better deal at x-y dollars.

Yes, it does. It's not a simple case of "gold will be worth this much"....

It's changed -3% in the last 30 days
-6.55% in the last 6 months.
+11.5% in the last year
+546% in the last 23 years.

Obviously the dollar has fluctuated in this time too.

The dollar is up $0.01 against the Euro for the last 30 days
Up $0.02 against Euro for the last 6 months
Down about $0.1 against the Euro in the last year.

Though there was a huge fluctuation last summer, went from $0.81 to $1.04 from January to end of September last year. That's a 28% increase, much higher than gold.

And that's against the Euro. Inflation has impacted most western countries.

Inflation going up 9.1% in a month, your gold isn't going to inflate that much, it's going to keep its value compared to inflation, rather than compared to the dollar (which inflated).

In August 2022 your gold went for $1,747 per ounce
In August 2023 your gold went for $1,897 per ounce

In August 2023 your $1,747 per ounce from 2022 went for $1,811

So, one ounce of gold bought in August 2022 would have earned you $86 compared to inflation, you could buy yourself a toy Ferrari with that.
But gold does keep it's value in the long term.

For example, in ancient Rome an ounce of gold could buy you a quality tunic, a silk toga and a pair of nice quality leather shoes. And today, 2000 years later for the price of an ounce of gold you can still get a nice tailored silk shirt & suit, tie and a nice pair of Italian leather shoes.

Yes, though the problem is some things might stop being worth something. Everything is a risk. Diamonds.... they're creating fake diamonds now, and we can go to space and maybe mine diamonds... both could, potentially, crash the market. Same with gold, same with whiskey.
Sounds like a twilight zone episode.

Precious metals is a sucker's bet.

You can't eat it, you can't start a fire with it, and it's too hard to melt down and make bullets.

When the shit hits the fan, that 300 pounds of wheel weights and plumber's lead I have in the shed will be worth more than all the gold in the world.

You can't eat it, you can't start a fire with it, and it's too hard to melt down and make bullets.

When the shit hits the fan, that 300 pounds of wheel weights and plumber's lead I have in the shed will be worth more than all the gold in the world.
Try telling that to the old "metal-mongers" that troll the pawn shops. LOL....They may as well buy scratch-offs.

Why would you buy and sell gold physically? There is zero need unless you are a Midas and want to see and touch it all alone .

OP is very confused .

Of course dealers make profit . Otherwise they would be called Charities .

Why would you buy and sell gold physically? There is zero need unless you are a Midas and want to see and touch it all alone .

OP is very confused .

I received an ounce of gold as a wedding gift in 1976 when it was $106/oz--today it is worth $1873--I'd say that is a fair hedge on inflation.

It's not Biden's fault there'll be a crash. Crashes happened systematically because everyone in politics is on a short term goal, get re-elected, look good in the short term. Also the rich, who control everything, like boom and bust because they get richer and richer and richer every time there is a bust.
Biden in other words has virtually no impact on the economy, either for the good or bad is what you are really stating. I am not predicting a crash. I lack enough to base a statement on. As you do.

OP is very confused .

I agree with your statements except this OP author is not confused at all. Well except I am confused over the faulty thinking that made you allege I am very confused.

I never said that coin dealers selling gold do not make profits.

Ron Miller was the coin Dealer I spoke of, though not at the time using his name.

Ron was murdered.

On March 6, 1993, the owner of a local coin shop gallery in the City of Fremont, California was murdered by two juvenile suspects who robbed him of more than $380,000 in merchandise. The suspects murdered the store owner to avoid being identified. Fremont Police Detective Greg Gerhard was assigned as the primary investigator on the case. The victim was well known in the coin trade

This is a Tribute to Ron Miller:

Last edited:
insurance companies dont buy shit you stupid fuck,,,

if I would have known youre such a fucking idiot I wouldnt have wasted my time with you,,
Well, anger by a very dumb person who stuck his pecker where he had no business sticking it.

youre the fucking idiot that thinks insurance companies buy gold,,

but sure tell me more how I am the dumb one,,
Show my discussion with me saying that?
youre the fucking idiot that thinks insurance companies buy gold,,

but sure tell me more how I am the dumb one,,
Hey stupid. Here is my question. Show me stating they buy gold? My question: So what insurance firm can you sell it to?

Forum List

Back