"but Jesus would never JUST hang around sinners"

Mkay. I'm dealing with a child. Good to know. First of all Mary magdalene was not a prostitute.

Secondly in the context of Jewish vernacular the wilderness is a term that describes all areas not under Jewish law just like cattle and all the wild beasts of the field are metaphors for the human animals who roam the wilderness east of Eden.

John also preached in the wilderness as you said. If it was meant to mean a desolate lonely place who was he preaching to? Was he preaching to himself like some nutjob ?

And Jesus was not some lonely aesthetic in the middle of nowhere hearing demonic voices.

He was running around with the Romans who lived in a lawless wilderness doing what Romans do. Remember, when Peter tried to dissuade Jesus from doing the right thing he said fuck off satan. The devil of the temptation story was likewise just some observant friend who said,

"Jesus WTF are you doing wasting your life with these losers? You are a nice good looking guy. You make beautiful furniture. Everyone loves you, You could make millions of shekels and all of this world would be at your command if you would only just listen to me and quit all that crazy talk about right and wrong and good and evil."

There is no other rational way to interpret that story of the temptation. All the pieces fit perfectly.
A story in which Jesus cures a leper appears in Mark 1:40–45, Matthew 8:1–4 and Luke 5:12–16. Having cured the man, he instructs him to offer the requisite ritual sacrifices as prescribed by the Deuteronomic Code and Priestly Code, and not to tell anyone who had healed him; but the man disobeyed, increasing Jesus' fame, and thereafter Jesus withdrew to deserted places, but was followed there.

In an episode in the Gospel of Luke Luke 17:11–19, while on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus sends ten lepers who sought his assistance to the priests, and they were healed as they go, but the only one who comes back to thank Jesus is a Samaritan.

A story in which Jesus cures a leper appears in Mark 1:40–45, Matthew 8:1–4 and Luke 5:12–16. Having cured the man, he instructs him to offer the requisite ritual sacrifices as prescribed by the Deuteronomic Code and Priestly Code, and not to tell anyone who had healed him; but the man disobeyed, increasing Jesus' fame, and thereafter Jesus withdrew to deserted places, but was followed there.

In an episode in the Gospel of Luke Luke 17:11–19, while on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus sends ten lepers who sought his assistance to the priests, and they were healed as they go, but the only one who comes back to thank Jesus is a Samaritan.

Jesus cleansed the lepers, made them clean for the kingdom of God.

As Jesus had said before, to be worthy of the kingdom of God a person needs a clean mind.

It doesn't matter at all if the body is diseased. Words give life. Words heal. The flesh is nothing..

This truth made leprosy irrelevant. This truth is what made the idea about the curse of leprosy leave them. This is what healed them, learning that physical deficiencies are irrelevant in the eyes of God.

Jesus cleansed the lepers, made them clean for the kingdom of God.

As Jesus had said before, to be worthy of the kingdom of God a person needs a clean mind.

It doesn't matter at all if the body is diseased. Words give life. Words heal. The flesh is nothing..

This truth made leprosy irrelevant. This truth is what made the idea about the curse of leprosy leave them. This is what healed them, learning that physical deficiencies are irrelevant in the eyes of God.
So many miracles that you have to make up fake explanations for.

Healing the paralytic at Capernaum appears in Matthew 9:18, Mark 2:1–12 and Luke 5:17–26. The Synoptics state that a paralytic was brought to Jesus on a mat; Jesus told him to get up and walk, and the man did so. Jesus also told the man that his sins were forgiven, which irritated the Pharisees. Jesus is described as responding to the anger by asking whether it is easier to say that someone's sins are forgiven, or to tell the man to get up and walk. Mark and Luke state that Jesus was in a house at the time, and that the man had to be lowered through the roof by his friends due to the crowds blocking the door.

A similar cure is described in the Gospel of John as the healing the paralytic at Bethesda[Jn 5:1–18] and occurs at the Pool of Bethesda. In this cure Jesus also tells the man to take his mat and walk.[Jn 5:1–18] [Mt 12:9–13]

So many miracles that you have to make up fake explanations for.

Healing the paralytic at Capernaum

Billions of people worldwide have been paralyzed by fear every single day of their lives.

Many paralytics have broken those chains of fear, stood up and are walking upright completely healed even right under your nose. Even many of the dead have risen.

Are you blind ? Do I have to spit in your eyes before you can see?

Billions of people worldwide have been paralyzed by fear every single day of their lives.

Many paralytics have broken those chains of fear, stood up and are walking upright completely healed even right under your nose. Even many of the dead have risen.

Are you blind ? Do I have to spit in your eyes before you can see?
There are so many miracles that you make up fake explanations for that I want to hear each and every one.

The cure of a bleeding woman miracle appears in Mark 5:21–43, Matthew 9:18–26 and Luke 8:40–56, along with the miracle of the Daughter of Jairus.[18] The Gospels state that while heading to Jairus' house Jesus was approached by a woman who had been bleeding for 12 years, and that she touched Jesus' cloak (fringes of his garment) and was instantly healed. Jesus turned about and, when the woman came forward, said "Daughter, your faith has healed you, go in peace".

:popcorn:

There are so many miracles that you make up fake explanations for that I want to hear each and every one.

Sure ding, as soon as you grow a set of balls and admit that my explanation of the healing of the blind man makes perfect sense.

Until then, fuck you.

Sure ding, as soon as you grow a set of balls and admit that my explanation of the healing of the blind man makes perfect sense.

Until then, fuck you.
I figured you couldn't keep making stuff up. :lol:

The cure of a bleeding woman miracle appears in Mark 5:21–43, Matthew 9:18–26 and Luke 8:40–56, along with the miracle of the Daughter of Jairus.[18] The Gospels state that while heading to Jairus' house Jesus was approached by a woman who had been bleeding for 12 years, and that she touched Jesus' cloak (fringes of his garment) and was instantly healed. Jesus turned about and, when the woman came forward, said "Daughter, your faith has healed you, go in peace".

I figured you couldn't keep making stuff up. :lol:

I am not making anything up. Without adding, subtracting or changing a single word of scripture I have revealed the only way to interpret these so called supernatural miracles that conforms to and is confirmed by reality.

I know someone who was deeply wounded and hasn't stopped hemorrhaging her life's blood from the pain every day ever since it happened 30 years ago.

For He [the LORD] put on righteousness like a coat of armor, And salvation like a helmet on His head; He put on garments of vengeance for clothing And covered Himself with zeal [and great love for His people] as a cloak. Isaiah 59:17

The woman in scripture was healed by her faith, not by some miracle.

She reached out to the lowest level of Jesus' integrity, faith, love, and passion and was healed.

The woman I know was also healed in this way.....

Now you, on the other hand, do not have any faith in Jesus. You cling to your superstitions like a baby clings to its blankie, a virgin clings to her virginity, or a priest clings to a crucifix.

Thats not faith, dummy. That is fear and cowardice.

I am not making anything up. Without adding, subtracting or changing a single word of scripture I have revealed the only way to interpret these so called supernatural miracles that conforms to and is confirmed by reality.

I know someone who was deeply wounded and hasn't stopped hemorrhaging her life's blood from the pain every day ever since it happened 30 years ago.

For He [the LORD] put on righteousness like a coat of armor, And salvation like a helmet on His head; He put on garments of vengeance for clothing And covered Himself with zeal [and great love for His people] as a cloak. Isaiah 59:17

The woman in scripture was healed by her faith, not by some miracle.

She reached out to the lowest level of Jesus' integrity, faith, love, and passion and was healed.

The woman I know was also healed in this way.....

Now you, on the other hand, do not have any faith in Jesus. You cling to your superstitions like a baby clings to its blankie, a virgin clings to her virginity, or a priest clings to a crucifix.

Thats not faith, dummy. That is fear and cowardice.
It's funny how you make shit up with nothing to back it up but your imagination.

The only way to interpret these events are supernatural miracles but you reject them because you can't accept that God chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy.

I'm on to you, Patrick.

Here's another one for you....

Jesus healing an infirm woman appears in Luke 13:10–17. While teaching in a synagogue on a Sabbath, Jesus cured a woman who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years and could not stand straight at all.

what is the historical evidence that Jesus existed?
Hi, haven't checked this thread in a bit. If you look back at the posts on page 3 I link an article from the history channel.
Proving Jesus existed isn't hard, it's proving that He was divine that is the more difficult task

what is the hebrew term for "WILDERNESS" ---there is no term for-----"that place
over yonder where no jews live"-----who da hell told you that?

Mkay. I'm dealing with a child. Good to know. First of all Mary magdalene was not a prostitute.
I'm 28, but ok. And at the very least, Mary Magdalene had a known reputation as a grave sinner (that she obviously repented from). That's really not the topic here, so we'll save it.
Secondly in the context of Jewish vernacular the wilderness is a term that describes all areas not under Jewish law just like cattle and all the wild beasts of the field are metaphors for the human animals who roam the wilderness east of Eden.
What's your source on this? The source I gave would seem to indicate otherwise, since it says it specifically refers to an unpopulated, desolate, uninhabited, etc area.
He was running around with the Romans who lived in a lawless wilderness doing what Romans do. Remember, when Peter tried to dissuade Jesus from doing the right thing he said fuck off satan. The devil of the temptation story was likewise just some observant friend who said,

"Jesus WTF are you doing wasting your life with these losers? You are a nice good looking guy. You make beautiful furniture. Everyone loves you, You could make millions of shekels and all of this world would be at your command if you would only just listen to me and quit all that crazy talk about right and wrong and good and evil."

There is no other rational way to interpret that story of the temptation. All the pieces fit perfectly.
The evidence I have provided would seem to indicate the contrary. Not only is your assertion quite the stretch, you give nothing to back it up but your own opinion. So I'll ask you once again to provide proof. There are plenty of sources on Jewish society and the Greek language that are readily available, so if you are speaking any truth surely you can do this.

I've got to wonder where you are getting all this from. Like, is there some sort book you've read, or did you read the 4 gospels one day, decide "you know what, I don't like this", and made up your own explanation for it all? Genuine question.
Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to hold up to actual scrutiny.

Last edited:
what is the hebrew term for "WILDERNESS" ---there is no term for-----"that place
over yonder where no jews live"-----who da hell told you that?
The gospels are written in Greek, so the claim that the "wilderness" was Jewish slang for "Roman population" makes no sense

I feel like there's some balance between "Jesus hung out with sinners" and "Jesus ONLY hung out with sinners so He could tell them to repent", but I'm not sure what it is
And here I heard he liked hanging around with people: we're all sinners.

Ethics are basically just written rules. Your workplace has ethics. So does mine. So yes they change.

????
Ethics stand the test of time much better than morals do. It was once considered moral to keep slaves, to condemn homosexuals, to stone those who commit adultery. ethics would never have come to those conclusions. It defies logic.

Forum List

Back