"but Jesus would never JUST hang around sinners"

Stann

God created everything and revealed Himself, but rather than give Him due credit, you have dismissed Him and remade him in your image. That's what you have done. And called it "reality".

And since you claim you "see God for what is", what that really mean is you judge God. You claim you don't even judge humans, but you sit in judgment of God.

Yikes x 2

Stann

God created everything and revealed Himself, but rather than give Him due credit, you have dismissed Him and remade him in your image. That's what you have done. And called it "reality".

And since you claim you "see God for what is", what that really mean is you judge God. You claim you don't even judge humans, but you sit in judgment of God.

Yikes x 2
There's nothing stopping you from believing in your religious god and me beliving in my GOD.

Stann

Yikes x 2
You must fear your god. I have never feared GOD, that doesn't even make sense to me.

You must fear your god. I have never feared GOD, that doesn't even make sense to me.

Of course I do, and this is good and correct, in the same way it is good and correct to fear the discipline of even a loving father.

I think the problem many have with God is they don't understand how a loving father is supposed to be both adored AND feared. I can understand that, but it is sad at the same time.

We're so broken. Humanity, I mean.

This is of course true. I love freedom. It's too bad, however, that your religion is such a hash. :(
I don't know what " a hash " means. A religion usually includes rituals and worship of a deity, I do not have any of that, just acknowledgment that a higher power exists.

Jesus wasn't your typical Jew either. After the age of 12 when the rabbis were no longer able to answer his questions his parents sent him on a caravan to the east to Gaspar. Gaspar had predicted this day would arrive and they should send him true him for further teaching. When Gaspard taught him all he could, inception on again eastward to India to learn from the Buddha. now you may begin to understand why he was so special and so different from most rabbis.
Mkay, there is historical evidence that Jesus existed. So where is the historical evidence of this?

Mkay, there is historical evidence that Jesus existed. So where is the historical evidence of this?
This knowledge was imparted to me. I asked the right questions. The early Christian Church went to great lengths to remove all information that did not fit their paradigm of Christ.

This knowledge was imparted to me. I asked the right questions. The early Christian Church went to great lengths to remove all information that did not fit their paradigm of Christ.
Ok, but do you have documented and verified sources with solid leads?

Ok, but do you have documented and verified sources with solid leads?
Do not require them, learned from the source of all knowledge. Wisdom of the ages gained. No fear of death, no regrets about the path I've been given. Peace and love, may your way serve you well.

Do not require them, learned from the source of all knowledge. Wisdom of the ages gained. No fear of death, no regrets about the path I've been given. Peace and love, may your way serve you well.
That may be all well and good for you, but it's useless in a debate format where tangible evidence is required.

That may be all well and good for you, but it's useless in a debate format where tangible evidence is required.
I wasn't debating anyting. I was just staying my beliefs; other people were doing the same things. Beliefs, very often do not have any physical basis in this world, the beliefs can not be backed up by evidence. Citing religious documents is not evidence of anything except the religions basic tenets.

I would respond to this but frankly it's a mess

Just for starters:

You claim sin is "subjective to each of us" but then claim sin is for God to judge. If God judges it, it is not subjective.
That's why our civil laws are based on ethics not morals. Morals change and vary from culture to culture. Ethics do not.

I wasn't debating anyting. I was just staying my beliefs; other people were doing the same things. Beliefs, very often do not have any physical basis in this world, the beliefs can not be backed up by evidence. Citing religious documents is not evidence of anything except the religions basic tenets.
Fair enough I guess???
There is stuff that cannot be backed up with tangible evidence, such as the existence of God. I have gotten personal proof of God's existence, which is why I never left the Christian faith despite going through a period of intense doubt and questioning long ago. But that proof I received wouldn't be enough to convince others that God exists.

Forum List

Back